Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2015, 01:39 PM
New Fan

In the comic Captain Cold feel in love with Iris at one point I wonder if they will do that story line
in one of the seasons.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree. Neither Iris nor Barry see each other as brother and sister but as best friends. That Barry sees Joe as a father has nothing to do with it. The same could be said for s mentor or a family friend, which Joe is both. Iris and Barry are destine to be together so even is they didn't live together I think that Barry would have come to think of Joe as a father when marrying Iris or even before they would gotten married.

I can just imagine the waterworks between Barry, Iris and Joe at the westallen wedding.

Icon by Me
Old 05-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonydee (View Post)
In the comic Captain Cold feel in love with Iris at one point I wonder if they will do that story line
in one of the seasons.
really? Did that happen in the comics??

Well seeing as CC is on Legends of Tomorrow it probably wont happen but i can see them bringing in some other evil villain to become obsessed with her eventually

Quote:
I can just imagine the waterworks between Barry, Iris and Joe at the westallen wedding.
I'll be right there with them bawling!!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 05-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaSolTierra (View Post)
I agree. Neither Iris nor Barry see each other as brother and sister but as best friends. That Barry sees Joe as a father has nothing to do with it. The same could be said for s mentor or a family friend, which Joe is both. Iris and Barry are destine to be together so even is they didn't live together I think that Barry would have come to think of Joe as a father when marrying Iris or even before they would gotten married.

I don't think they see each other as siblings. Even with Joe acting like a second dad to Barry. And while I definitely could see them having the three living back under the same roof. Something that has not happened because Barry moved in after Iris moved out. Except for a odd few night stays...

But I do think the show might think it's a little odd especially now that they are adults. And feelings are in play, whether they want to acknowledge them or not right now and it might take awhile for them to go that route...

Quote:
i've never really agreed that it's so weird for Barry and Iris to be into each other just because he lived with them. I think him being 11 when he moved in is plenty old enough to not have the Westermarck effect take place- and he moved out at 18 when he went to college, so really they only had their middle school and high school years under the same roof.
It's a little weird just because of how close Joe is to Barry, and Barry thinks of them as a second family. But it's not like he was adopted after Henry went to jail. It was just a foster situation that brought them closer. And it's television, so it's completely fine if one day Barry and Iris get together.

And I am a shipper of them, so I do hope they get together.

But the show might think it might blur the lines. But it's television, so it might be exactly what they will do. To bring Barry and Iris into more direct contact then they already have, especially in the wake of Eddie's death. Making it more complicated.

But then I could see her staying in Eddie's place, and trying to keep some distance at least for while.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

do you guys think there's any chance we could see a Grant Gustin/Jesse L. Martin duet on the show at some point?

i was thinking that ever since they had Barry sing- it's just way too tempting and too easy to set up, don't you think?
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm dying for a musical episode tbh They could totally do it in an AU.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Absolute Fan

I actually don't think the show/writers are wary of how the family dynamic is perceived. I mean, they've totally played up the "weirdness" at times...i.e in episode 15 when Joe and Barry talked about Iris, when Mason referred to Barry as Iris' friend/brother, when Iris asked Barry if he'd "heard from dad." This, in the episode where Barry and Iris kissed. Lol. Yeah, I don't think the writers concerned about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
2.01-2 should be about Joe/Iris/Barry coming together to grieve, and for Joe/Barry to be there for Iris. I'm hoping for an angsty family scene, where they help her pack/move, paralleling the family scenes in 1.10.
Agreed. We should definitely see more focus on them at the start of the season.

On another note, I think SDCC is in early July, right? Wonder if this is when we'll hear more on how Tom fits into season 2...perhaps some casting announcements as well? It will be interesting to see if Robbie becomes a regular. This is just my speculation but I think Eddie was killed off in part to make room for Ronnie and/or Wally. Not sure if we'll ever get any confirmation on that but if the latter indeed become regulars, that'll be very telling, I think.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Addicted Fan

I really like Rick, but we're getting a good trade, lol.

When do they start filming for s2? After Comic-Con?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I actually don't think the show/writers are wary of how the family dynamic is perceived. I mean, they've totally played up the "weirdness" at times...i.e in episode 15 when Joe and Barry talked about Iris, when Mason referred to Barry as Iris' friend/brother, when Iris asked Barry if he'd "heard from dad." This, in the episode where Barry and Iris kissed. Lol. Yeah, I don't think the writers concerned about that.

Agreed. We should definitely see more focus on them at the start of the season.

On another note, I think SDCC is in early July, right? Wonder if this is when we'll hear more on how Tom fits into season 2...perhaps some casting announcements as well? It will be interesting to see if Robbie becomes a regular. This is just my speculation but I think Eddie was killed off in part to make room for Ronnie and/or Wally. Not sure if we'll ever get any confirmation on that but if the latter indeed become regulars, that'll be very telling, I think.
Well, if Robbie becomes a regular that probably puts the kibosh on any possible Barry/Caitlin thing. Not that I thought that was actually going to happen, but if anyone did think she could be a "Felicity" of this show, i think that's probably not the direction they're going in.

Which is good imo, because i saw zero chemistry with those two (mostly because Panabaker to me is by far the weakest actor in the cast- she's like the Colton Haynes of this group).

I've been reading up on Barry Allen's comic book love interests besides Iris and I can only find two- lab assistant Patty Spivot and one time fiancee Fiona (after Iris' supposed "death" in the 80's). Maybe they'll bring in one of those two if he needs a new love interest next season.

I kind of doubt they're going to have him into Iris all year again (since they just went through an entire season of that), so Patty Spivot seems like the obvious choice for a temporary gf, although her character seems a little too much like Felicity to me.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I really like Rick, but we're getting a good trade, lol.

When do they start filming for s2? After Comic-Con?
Looking at the previous years and other shows on CW, seems like they would have filmed at least 2 episodes by the time SDCC is on.. Usually they play a sneak preview of these shows right?? They wouldn't go to SDCC with nothing..?

-----

I don't know if this is just me but I absolutely HATE when triangles are two girls vying for the same guy… I don't know what it is but I really don't like pinning girls against each other. Especially when there are only two in a main cast like Flash… Let them be friends and have their own separate love stories… Theres enough testosterone going around to have the only two girls at odds and fighting each other..

Last edited by Leelala; 05-22-2015 at 01:55 AM
Old 05-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Love triangles have been so unpopular on this show, I'm pretty confident another LI for Barry is a no go. AK's comments about WA are likely things that'll get resolved by the end of 2.01 with teary hugs.

Also on the contract front, I saw speculation on tumblr that the change in the credits for the last couple of eps (they go from Grant to Candice, then there is a large time lag till the next name) could mean a contractual upgrade for Candice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Looking at the previous years and other shows on CW, seems like they would have filmed at least 2 episodes by the time SDCC is on.. Usually they play a sneak preview of these shows right?? They wouldn't go to SDCC with nothing..?
Ooh, does that mean they start filming in mid to late June?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:08 AM
Loyal Fan

i saw speculation about that lag time in the credits too- i've never heard of that though. does that really mean anything? i know the order of the names is one thing, and the names that get the special "and" or "with" before it. but the length of time between some names and others, i didn't know that was a thing.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Idk but if Candice is getting more money, I'm happy for her. She certainly deserves it.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm still not seeing why Barry needs a temp girlfriend? Why would he not want to wait until Iris is ready, especially given the circumstances?

I can only see them bringing on Patty after Barry and Iris have been together for awhile and decide to take a break for whatever reason. Another attempt at Barry trying to move on with someone else any time soon will just end in the same fashion as Linda/Barry.

As for season 2 filming, I think DP said July 7, which means only a couple days of filming before SDCC.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Love triangles have been so unpopular on this show, I'm pretty confident another LI for Barry is a no go. AK's comments about WA are likely things that'll get resolved by the end of 2.01 with teary hugs.

Also on the contract front, I saw speculation on tumblr that the change in the credits for the last couple of eps (they go from Grant to Candice, then there is a large time lag till the next name) could mean a contractual upgrade for Candice.

Ooh, does that mean they start filming in mid to late June?
Yeah I mean triangles are so overdone and old now. On this show particularly, it just doesnt work…

Good on her if it is an upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
As for season 2 filming, I think DP said July 7, which means only a couple days of filming before SDCC.
Oh really? thats sucks, so probably wont be anything to see

Closed Thread   Post New Thread