Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Iris isn't lying to herself about her love for Eddie. She loves him. He's a love in her life even if he's not the love of her life.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Eh. I'm all for debating whether or not she's loyal to a fault but I definitely don't see how it's a weakness.

The E/I stuff isn't new. Candice has been saying that for weeks now. As for Mama West, someone mentioned early on that she may be the time traveler. It's plausible, though if her and Wally are connected, I'm not sure how that would work since I don't think Wally is going to be from the future. But who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Ooh I can so see it happening.

But I don't think it necessarily implies anything bad since it's not like Joe/Barry send her on a date with a random guy. Iris doesn't really have any friends and Joe isn't great emotional support, so Eddie is a natural choice for someone she can turn to. And it parallels with the pilot and Barry's coma.
Ok, it's funny how we can never seem to agree on these things. lol No seriously, I get what you're saying but I still don't like the implication that Iris needs to be with Eddie. He can support her without them having to be in a romantic relationship. The fact that it's something the men would be deciding makes it an even bigger turn off for me. I don't completely hate the idea though, if only because it is the only scenario that would make sense. Although, the best scenario would be for the writers not to go there at all. Seems rather tedious to me...unless it's leading to some kind of twist with Eddie (namely him turning evil).
Old 05-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
i still think dragging E/I into Season 2 makes zero sense. and loyalty via lying to yourself is NOT a positive quality- it's total weakness. i don't understand why they're doing this.
v
its just annoying cause monsier rice cake seems to serve no other purpose than to show that iris is stubborn and as a delay tactic cause once they do wa they can't reallybreak them up.
i just feel like eddie and iris have tun their course. it feels like its just an excuse to keep rick around because they dont want him to be evil (or have a personality).
Old 05-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
Iris isn't lying to herself about her love for Eddie. She loves him. He's a love in her life even if he's not the love of her life.
lying herself about Barry i mean. that's pretty unfair to Eddie.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
its just annoying cause mobsier rice cake seems yo serve no other purpose than to show that iris is stubborn and as a eelay tactic cause once they do wa they can't realky break them ip.
it's definitely a delay tactic, but you don't think they can break them up once they get together? if that's how they're thinking that could mean they won't get together for years- most shows put people together in kind of an on/off way. i know that's not how Barry/Iris are in the comics though.

i still think they should try to just put them together and make them entertaining as a couple. positive relationships can be entertaining too. not all shows need constant relationship drama- i don't think this tedious love triangle has benefited this show at all (despite how good it's been overall, that's the one thing that's dragged on it)
Old 05-16-2015, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
it's definitely a delay tactic, but you don't think they can break them up once they get together? if that's how they're thinking that could mean they won't get together for years- most shows put people together in kind of an on/off way. i know that's not how Barry/Iris are in the comics though.

i still think they should try to just put them together and make them entertaining as a couple. positive relationships can be entertaining too. not all shows need constant relationship drama- i don't think this tedious love triangle has benefited this show at all (despite how good it's been overall, that's the one thing that's dragged on it)
i just think with the speedforce and multiple timelines it wont be likely. i dont think wa happen till the end of s3 or s4
Old 05-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Some people are speculating that Barry's actions mean the show's current timeline will have some permanent changes, like Joe also having a son who has a child... Or Maybe the baby Joe saw being born was switched and it was originally a boy? (although lol at that obvious of an oversight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ok, it's funny how we can never seem to agree on these things. lol No seriously, I get what you're saying but I still don't like the implication that Iris needs to be with Eddie. He can support her without them having to be in a romantic relationship. The fact that it's something the men would be deciding makes it an even bigger turn off for me. I don't completely hate the idea though, if only because it is the only scenario that would make sense. Although, the best scenario would be for the writers not to go there at all. Seems rather tedious to me...unless it's leading to some kind of twist with Eddie (namely him turning evil).
I'm with you on being annoyed that the dudes are making decisions for her (they better end this next season) and I still wish Eddie is there for her as more of a friend than anything, but the hand-holding could be them falling into old habits? And considering where they left off, imo if Barry is gone for good, it's only natural that I/E return to their couple bliss.

And why is Eddie looking so rough at the wedding/Barry saying goodbye...
Old 05-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
i just think with the speedforce and multiple timelines it wont be likely. i dont think wa happen till the end of s3 or s4
see, i think that's way too long. people will get tired of that if it goes on for literally 3 or 4 years.

i'd expect sometime in season 2, especially after making it go on for the whole first season like this already.

i mean on Arrow, when they decided to start the O/F thing for real, it began in S2 and by the finale Oliver had already said I love you- and then there was the long drawn out S3 stuff. i don't think shows like to do 3 or 4 years of will they/won't they anymore, now they usually get there within 1 or 2.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:50 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
lying herself about Barry i mean. that's pretty unfair to Eddie.
I'll say that we should all wait till the finale has aired to get a full picture of what will happen. It's possible it wouldn't be as dire as you think.

ETA:

So this is my fantasy finale cliffhanger.

Tons of time travel, the world almost ends blah blah blah. Barry time travels and returns to his timeline. He goes home and everything seems exactly as he left it.

The next morning, he wakes up to a text from Patty Spivot. It reads "Stop hitting the snooze button and wake up! Singh will kill you if you're late today. See you at work!" He's confused. Who is she and why is her number saved in his phone? He showers, goes to the kitchen and Joe is there with Eddie and Iris who've stopped by on the way to work. Iris is wearing her engagement ring.

This part is what I really want to happen but I don't think can because of how closely the show is linked to Arrow and LOT.

Joe accidentally knocks down a glass. Barry moves to catch it but he's too slow! He doesn't have his powers.

Before he can even digest that, a news broadcast distracts him. It's a clip about the countdown to the particle accelerator being turned on. Harrison Wells is speaking at a press conference but Barry recognizes a man standing behind him. It's Eobard Thawne and it's a face Barry now recognizes from the showdown at the scene of his mother's murder.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 05-16-2015 at 06:18 PM
Old 05-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I guess it's possible EI will get back together because Eddie changes his mind after some pep talk, but then when the catastrophic thing happens Iris yells she loves Barry lol. And then she'd have to deal with that ish in s2 because I don't think they'd erase a confession from her twice.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
I guess it's possible EI will get back together because Eddie changes his mind after some pep talk, but then when the catastrophic thing happens Iris yells she loves Barry lol. And then she'd have to deal with that ish in s2 because I don't think they'd erase a confession from her twice.
Truthfully, it doesn't really make sense for Eddie to change his mind. Barry or whomever talking to him shouldn't change his mind and it will come off as forced. And it's even dumber if they reconcile in the episode only for Iris to profess her love for Barry in the same episode. The only thing that really makes sense is for Barry to time travel a few weeks back and prevent Eobard from kidnapping Eddie in the first place. lol
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Lol yea, that's my problem with the whole thing. No matter how much Eddie and Iris love each other, Eddie's reasons for wanting to break up in 22 will still be valid and true when they get back together. It makes no sense for him to admit it's a problem but then go back into denial. But they are going to get back together and he's smiling as his gf holds the face of the guy he knows she has unresolved feelings for. I'm sure it's going to be contrived because they've been doing this kind of dumb stalling all season.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Perhaps Eobard tells Barry that one of the things he will have to sacrifice to save his mother is his future with Iris and somehow, Eddie gets wind of this and calms down about "destiny."

I don't think that they've done a good job of showing Barry as the third wheel. Yes, there was a little in 15 but we didn't get to see how Eddie reacted to the double date in this timeline and Iris told him when Barry hit on her (which led to that punch) so even if he claims Barry is the third person, Iris has been devoted to him.

Maybe Iris can convince him that he's wrong. Admit that she sometimes gets confused because of their long history but that what she knows is that she loves him. She even proved her love to him by accepting the break up (he frames it as "if you love me, you will let me go.")

We're here trying to make sense of it and it will turn out to be something that the writers don't bother to put much thought into. I will die if he really just time travels to the past and prevents the kidnap.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Lol yea, that's my problem with the whole thing. No matter how much Eddie and Iris love each other, Eddie's reasons for wanting to break up in 22 will still be valid and true when they get back together. It makes no sense for him to admit it's a problem but then go back into denial. But they are going to get back together and he's smiling as his gf holds the face of the guy he knows she has unresolved feelings for. I'm sure it's going to be contrived because they've been doing this kind of dumb stalling all season.
Am I the only one who doesn't think that's a happy smile? lol.

I could potentially buy that Eddie is there knowing there's a good chance Barry will get erased from their timeline, and he's a kind loving person, so he's not just gonna abandon Iris in her time of need.

The bigger problem is how I/E spill over into s2 (like Candice said). Iris' confession is a given, and Eddie will be there for it. I/E getting back together after that makes no sense.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread