Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

i just really get sick of shows dragging things out with pointless love triangles. there's other ways to keep them apart, like i don't know, kidnapping, villains, all kinds of stuff.

and how often do you ever see an actual couple that likes each other and is a good team on TV without the constant will they/won't they stuff?

i mean, that's the reason people loved Joe/Barry so much- because their supportive, encouraging, loving father/son relationship was totally unexpected and not the kind of thing you usually see on these shows. so...why they can't they do that with the romance stuff too?

if they had done that- brought her in from the beginning, made her part of the team, and had eddie never exist, i guarantee it would have gotten a better response than this endless triangle nonsense. people would totally be saying look how The Flash handled the love interest character so much better than Arrow did.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, don't drag it out on both Barry and Iris' ends.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
Anyway, I'm good with Eddie and Iris continuing as long as they don't continue this I love Mr. A deep down from the bottom my heart and I love Mr. B so much from the middle of my heart. It's confusing and pointless to the audience. No one tuned in for "Brother Husbands" or whatever this is supposed to be. If Eddie isn't turning evil, we don't give a crap.
This cracked me up so thanks. But I think you're out of luck if you're hoping for the types of love thing to go away if EI stay together

Quote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Iris choosing to stay with a man she loves. Apparently, she is happy in the home she's built with him as we saw her looking at their return stickers and she loves him enough to want to marry him as we saw last episode. This is good. Stick with this. And let them continue their relationship in peace instead of this fight/makeup/fight/makeup that no one gives a crap about.
Well it's okay if Eddie is okay with staying in the 3 people relationship lol. Not if Iris denies everything. But either way it's just boring because it's nothing to get invested in & will predictably always come down to WA. Iris being single for a while getting less romantic drama in her main arc would be far more interesting.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Addicted Fan

E/I is the most pointless thing ever.

Like it's not even about WA for me, I just need them and their melodrama to end for good.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
this times 1000. everyone should just tweet Andrew Kreisberg about getting rid of Eddie and see if he'll listen. the writers sure listened to the Oliver/Felicity people
Old 05-14-2015, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)

Like it's not even about WA for me, I just need them and their melodrama to end for good.
Yep. I don't even hardcore ship WA, I have mixed feelings on them. I just find EI so tiresome. It's holding Iris back as a character IMO because the drama is so boring. I want to see her single so bad.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Yasss to single Iris. I hardcore ship WA and I still want her to stay single for a good long while.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

From your lips to tptb's ears.

The Flash - Danielle Panabaker Answers Fan Questions On Reddit *Spoilers* | Spoilers

Actually reading that we're going to see the KF suit makes me so exciteddd.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)

Well it's okay if Eddie is okay with staying in the 3 people relationship lol. Not if Iris denies everything. But either way it's just boring because it's nothing to get invested in & will predictably always come down to WA. Iris being single for a while getting less romantic drama in her main arc would be far more interesting.
90% of this romance thing doesn't make any sense but if they are determined to keep EI together, then they should without this stupid drama.

All they needed to do was not have Barry confess his feelings in ep 9. And Iris can be off in her relationship without this weird thing where she chooses Eddie and professes to love him over and over again while the audience is supposed to believe she has feelings for Barry the whole time. What kind of stupid thing is this?

In my opinion, it's them forcing their lightning rod/B&I get together in every timeline thing that made them do Ep 15. Then take it back then do another nonsense where they've told us B/I get together in this timeline through the paper then they will shift timelines again and then stupid drama till once again B/I get together in the new timeline then more nonsense again and again and again.

ETA

I guess they partied in the evening.

I love this one.

The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 05-15-2015 at 07:13 AM
Old 05-15-2015, 07:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Having Iris single would be a lot better for her character. Realistically when the series ends, what are the chances Iris is happily married to Eddie? Zero...In the long run Eddie/Iris won't work out so why drag that relationship into S2 and beyond? Is there a loud fanbase for Iris/Eddie? No...Does the relationship do any anything for the charcaters? No...matter of fact it's holding Irs and Eddie back..

Barry NEEDS to move on. He can't sit on the sidelines alone and pining for another season. Iris has chosen Eddie at every turn. I don't understand what he's hanging on for now? Iris will never choose him. Something has to give with this so called triangle. Eddie/Iris happy and Barry alone pining is what we've seen all season.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

I want Iris to have female friends more than anything.

And look who's becoming fast buds. I love how they're both so keen on WestHawk.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

The extended trailer in HQ

Old 05-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdee41 (View Post)
Having Iris single would be a lot better for her character. Realistically when the series ends, what are the chances Iris is happily married to Eddie? Zero...In the long run Eddie/Iris won't work out so why drag that relationship into S2 and beyond? Is there a loud fanbase for Iris/Eddie? No...Does the relationship do any anything for the charcaters? No...matter of fact it's holding Irs and Eddie back..

Barry NEEDS to move on. He can't sit on the sidelines alone and pining for another season. Iris has chosen Eddie at every turn. I don't understand what he's hanging on for now? Iris will never choose him. Something has to give with this so called triangle. Eddie/Iris happy and Barry alone pining is what we've seen all season.
yeah, good point. it does seem weird that they'd start Season 2 in basically the EXACT same place as much of season 1.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Is there anything you can tease about The Flash finale? — Bella
The promos do not lie: Caitlin and Ronnie are going to tie the knot. “It’s [amid] a moment of crisis in our season finale,” Danielle Panabaker says, describing the upcoming finale as “devastating.” Oh, and you may want to rewatch the trailer for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which actually includes more than one glimpse at The Flash finale.
Spoiler Room: Scoop on Thrones, Hannibal, Legends of Tomorrow, and more | EW.com

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/14/carl...-flash-season/

Quote:
There have been some cool moments and nods to Cisco’s comic book alter ego, is that something you’re vibing on, getting to do that in the future?

CV: That wasn’t very subtle, Lucas. (laughs)

(laughs) To be super obvious and puntacular…

CV: I think, yeah, that’d be really nice. I can tease that fans can expect some big questions about the Vibe mythology to be answered in the next episode, the season finale here.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 05-15-2015 at 02:06 PM
Old 05-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, is Ronnie going to be in s2, then?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread