Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for that. So Joe and Barry are not supportive of Iris wanting to uncover more about the Flash. Shocking. lol
Old 09-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Right!

Here's a video of the Paley Fest Panel!

Paley Fest Video
Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Loyal Fan

haha I hope that they don't drag on Iris not knowing for forever lol. I get that there are some fun storylines they can do if Iris doesn't know but I hope she finds out before this season is over. I don't want her to be as dumb as Lois Lane

Last edited by ban1o; 09-07-2014 at 05:58 AM
Old 09-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, according to Candice, Iris will know before season 1 is over so that is a relief. lol I imagine they will have some fun with Iris being in the dark and I'm looking forward to that but I'm also looking forward to her finding out and the fallout from the reveal. I just hope for good buildup beforehand.

More quotes from Paley Fest, re: Iris/Barry/Felicity.

Quote:
Candice: Yeah, they get along! I think the thing is Iris, at the end of the day, always she wants whatever is going to make Barry happy. And, I think she looks at someone like Felicity and is like ‘Guy, duh, like what’s going on, how could you not?’…They’re like both nerds, there’s so great for each other, it just works!

Andrew: “That’s what’s so heartbreaking about it, she’s saying ‘This girl’s perfect for you, I just want you to be happy!’ and when you look at those dailies and you see the way Grant is looking at Candice and it’s just, you know, at the end of the day…

Candice: You’re always looking at the person you can’t have, right? Right
I can't wait for these scense, just to see Barry's reaction. Grant already had me feeling for Barry in the pilot, with the way he looked at Iris. All he wants is for the woman he loves to love him back. Poor guy. lol
Old 09-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully what Candice says is on the money. She really needs to find out about Barry being The Flash in the first season because while it made sense with Lois to not know right away, they had just met and getting to know each other that first season, Iris has known and lived with Barry for huge chunk of her life. Their each others best friends it would be hard press to believe she wouldn't know it's him. Depending on how many scenes she has with the Flash, if she gets a lot of scenes, I would hope that she would know by mid-season. Agree, I hope they built up to it and that the aftermath/fall out is written well. It could easily go either way of being too easy/letting it slide or having her be too angry/holding on to her hurt too long about not being told. There's a fine balance that needs to played here.

I wouldn't say that Barry looking at Iris because he can't have her, but because he loves her.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
[INDENT]Hopefully what Candice says is on the money. She really needs to find out about Barry being The Flash in the first season because while it made sense with Lois to not know right away, they had just met and getting to know each other that first season, Iris has known and lived with Barry for huge chunk of her life. ]
haha I was actually talking about Lois from the Christopher Reeve Superman movies and the ninties animated cartoon. Not Smallville. should have clarified!

But I definitely agree that Iris should find out sooner than later
Old 09-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Hopefully what Candice says is on the money. She really needs to find out about Barry being The Flash in the first season because while it made sense with Lois to not know right away, they had just met and getting to know each other that first season, Iris has known and lived with Barry for huge chunk of her life. Their each others best friends it would be hard press to believe she wouldn't know it's him. Depending on how many scenes she has with the Flash, if she gets a lot of scenes, I would hope that she would know by mid-season. Agree, I hope they built up to it and that the aftermath/fall out is written well. It could easily go either way of being too easy/letting it slide or having her be too angry/holding on to her hurt too long about not being told. There's a fine balance that needs to played here.
ITA. The only way I could see Iris going until the end of the season before learning the truth is if she's barely interacting with Flash. I don't think the writers can pull off many scenes of Iris chatting/interacting with the Flash and still not being able to figure out that it's Barry. I imagine the reveal coming in a scene where Iris is interacting with Barry up close and personal () for the first time. I definitely don't want it to be a similar situation with Laurel on Arrow where someone tells her. I'd love for Iris to uncover the truth herself. Maybe that can be payoff for all her investigative work into the Flash's identity.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that Barry looking at Iris because he can't have her, but because he loves her.
Agreed. I think Candice was just trying to be modest there.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban1o (View Post)
haha I was actually talking about Lois from the Christopher Reeve Superman movies and the ninties animated cartoon. Not Smallville. should have clarified!

But I definitely agree that Iris should find out sooner than later
lol Yeah, there's a quiet a few versions, so it's hard to tell which one is being talked about. lol Thank you for clearing that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
ITA. The only way I could see Iris going until the end of the season before learning the truth is if she's barely interacting with Flash. I don't think the writers can pull off many scenes of Iris chatting/interacting with the Flash and still not being able to figure out that it's Barry. I imagine the reveal coming in a scene where Iris is interacting with Barry up close and personal () for the first time. I definitely don't want it to be a similar situation with Laurel on Arrow where someone tells her. I'd love for Iris to uncover the truth herself. Maybe that can be payoff for all her investigative work into the Flash's identity.

Agreed. I think Candice was just trying to be modest there.

Yep, I completely agree
The only other option I like is Barry telling her himself.

That make sense.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, Barry telling her would be great too. Perhaps he won't be able to bring himself to lie to her any longer. But there is not much drama in that, lol so I think Iris finding out is still more likely.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true. lol Though it would be a shocker if he's the one to tell her since it's not something that really happens with secret hero identities, that I recall. I can see them liking the idea to give the audience a twist. lol It's more likely that Iris will figure it out though. Like you posted her trying to figure out who The Flash is could be really fun.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

After you mentioned Lois from Smallville I have this image of Iris finding out about Barry and waiting for him to tell her only to jump his bones when he's trying to.

Icon by Me
Old 09-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaSolTierra (View Post)
After you mentioned Lois from Smallville I have this image of Iris finding out about Barry and waiting for him to tell her only to jump his bones when he's trying to.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

I don't care about this love triangle or any other love triangle in the show. I just hope they choose one couple and stick with it. It's obvious Barry/Felicity won't be a long term thing but still I don't want them to change love interests all the time.

The Flash - Barry, Iris and Felicity love triangle will be addressed | Spoilers
Old 09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

It's not really a love triangle. Iris thinks Barry needs a girlfriend (She said so herself in the pilot lol) and sees him with Felicity who came to visit him as a friend and sets up a double date with her and Eddie. Felicity and Barry go along with it because why not? It's not like their dating anyone but we see that Barry really loves Iris throughout the date. That doesn't seem like that much of a love triangle. (Well with Iris-Eddie-Barry, it is, but not with Felicity)
Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I don't care about this love triangle or any other love triangle in the show. I just hope they choose one couple and stick with it. It's obvious Barry/Felicity won't be a long term thing but still I don't want them to change love interests all the time.

The Flash - Barry, Iris and Felicity love triangle will be addressed | Spoilers
Kinda confused by spoiler TV instant dislike for Iris or iris/barry. I wasn't sold on her either but its only the pilot people.