Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
The thing is like stuff like this can really screw with your mind. Imagine Eddie wants to propose, gets told that it's fruitless because Iris is destined for Barry. He gets discouraged, Iris finds the ring and tells him to ignore it and that she wants to marry him but he doesn't believe her because he thinks she's willing to sacrifice herself to ensure than Eobard is never born and doesn't get the chance to kill Barry's mother. lol...

Of course, that won't happen but that's the kind of screwed up relationship drama I like, lol.
Omg.

But tbh I don't see Eddie as that guy. He'd never refuse a chance to have Iris when his insecurities usually result in him pushing her into the relationship. If anything he'd go extra hard after Iris to prove RF wrong. And make sure RF never gets born.

I really love the idea of RF screwing with everyone's heads though.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Omg.

But tbh I don't see Eddie as that guy. He'd never refuse a chance to have Iris when his insecurities usually result in him pushing her into the relationship. If anything he'd go extra hard after Iris to prove RF wrong. And make sure RF never gets born.

I really love the idea of RF screwing with everyone's heads though.
His mo is definitely to double down at any sign of trouble so that's probably what he'll do but I'd like to see him slowly run mad. lol
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
^No, that's a different scene. When he's with Eddie they seem to be in the lower part of some building. When Eobard says "You know who I am and what I can do" he's on a rooftop and not in his suit.
Oh is it?? I got confused ParsD and I were right about the fact that Eddie is with RF, as shown in the promo..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm just ready for Eobard to start spilling the tea and causing drama.

Eddie: "Why do you have my name?"

Uhh...duh, Eddie, cause y'all related. Now let's get to the good stuff!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:25 AM
MD7
Passionate Fan

The Flash - Episode 1.21 - Grodd Lives - Promotional Photos
Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Absolute Fan

So there was another convention yesterday with Rick, Greg Finley (Girder) and Paul and Colton from Arrow. Not a lot of spoilery stuff from what I can tell but here's the Flash-related stuff Rick mentioned.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I don't think these two ever shared a scene

The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Total Fan

Big twist + everything will unravel between Barry/Iris/Eddie? Interesting.

Could the twist be that Eddie/Barry are related?

I know there was a storyline in the comics about Barry having a twin. Nora/Henry were told he had died shortly after birth, but it was revealed later that the child was given to the Thawnes by mistake, whose baby was the actual one who had died that night.

It's possible they could change "twin" to "older brother" to fit the show. It would add more fuel to the future Thawne/Allen feud at least.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Making Eddie Barry's brother only makes Iris/Barry more unappealing. That was the last thing I wanted to happen when I supported those two. Ewww. But I won't put it past these writers since they've done something similar on Arrow with Oliver and even Diggle.

Anyway, I hope the big twist is about timelines or related to RF/Nora's death.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I was thinking that Nora's death hasn't been shown yet, so the twist could be related to that.
Wells' confession of the murder is still the issue though.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Big twist + everything will unravel between Barry/Iris/Eddie? Interesting.

Could the twist be that Eddie/Barry are related?

I know there was a storyline in the comics about Barry having a twin. Nora/Henry were told he had died shortly after birth, but it was revealed later that the child was given to the Thawnes by mistake, whose baby was the actual one who had died that night.

It's possible they could change "twin" to "older brother" to fit the show. It would add more fuel to the future Thawne/Allen feud at least.
Well, with this show it could literally be anything but I highly doubt it's going to be that. I mean, if Eddie is really Barry's bio brother then that would mean Eobard is also a distant relative of Barry's, which would make absolutely no sense considering that Eobard has tried and still wants to kill Barry. Not mention it just unnecessarily complicates a narrative that is already rather complicated by time travel and a plot about Eobard rewriting his DNA.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
Yeah, I was thinking that Nora's death hasn't been shown yet, so the twist could be related to that.
Wells' confession of the murder is still the issue though.
There is wiggle room because while he doesn't deny it, what he says is "it was never my intention to kill Nora. I was there to kill Barry."

The only thing is that so far, there hasn't been one real twist in the overarching story. Like sure, Eobard stole Wells' body but we've all known from the pilot that the character we know as Wells was shady. So I still don't trust them to give us a twist that completely changes the story but we'll see. lol

ETA:

Eobard is Barry's relative in the comics

Quote:
It was revealed that the Thawnes and Allens had a long-standing feud by the time of the 25th century. Eobard was descended from Malcolm Thawne, a.k.a. Cobalt Blue, Barry Allen's long lost twin brother.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Zoom
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes, I know. Still doesn't make any sense, considering that on the show, Eobard went back in time to kill young Barry and still wants him dead whereas he has yet to kill Eddie, presumably because they're related. The only way this twist could work is if Eobard never knew he and Barry are related and I highly doubt that.

ETA: Ok, it could work since Eobard would only need Eddie to survive BUT Eobard would still be taking a huge risk by going back in time and killing one of his relatives. And I don't think the show is going to pull directly from the comics since every character/relationship on the show has been tweaked in some way.

As for Nora, I think we are to assume that Eobard killed her when Barry saved his younger self. I don't think there is more to that.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 04-25-2015 at 12:00 PM
Old 04-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't stop shipping Barry/Iris if Eddie/Barry are revealed to be related. Oh, well.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Hahaha. That's how shipping is. Some can't ship a couple that grew up together. Others can ship a couple even if they turn out to be blood-related.

Anyway, Canadian promo. It seems the Eobard killing Cisco thing is from whatever he sees with his gadget.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread