Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

I just saw this on tumblr. This is what I wanted to happen. lol. Too bad it didn't.

The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Huh? But didn't the genetic camouflage turn Eobard into a Wells/Eobard chimera? So technically the shapeshifter would just take the outer form anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

He said he adjusted the plot so perhaps there would have been a different explanation for it.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Sure. Though sci fi show runners aren't always great with science. The ones over at The 100 can't even grasp blood types/blood transfusion, lmao.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking Jay is Wally too the other cast release said Hawkgirl, Rip H, this one says Jay Jackson it matches with this casting call
Quote:
MYSTERY HERO | An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.
African American male in his 20's who unexpectedly gains powers sounds like he be a rookie just starting out. Barry/Iris is in there 20's he has a surprising connection to Star Labs team aka team Flash he may need help understanding his powers so Martin/Ray tell him to go to Star-Labs but to make sure no knows about his powers he would need a cover-up like go see family that lives in C-City. Also someone said Wally could be Iris's Cousin and Joe's Nephew that could work it would help Wally/Linda romance if he is in his 20's
Old 04-24-2015, 02:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Sure. Though sci fi show runners aren't always great with science. The ones over at The 100 can't even grasp blood types/blood transfusion, lmao.
don't we know it!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-24-2015, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

Jay Jackson and Iris West well what do u guys think?
Old 04-24-2015, 03:51 AM
Absolute Fan

They could totally be related!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Addicted Fan

He looks so much like Candice, even has her dimples. I yted him and he's so darn cute, ngl I'm crushing a bit.

But the description sounds odd, especially since I doubt Wally is gonna gain his powers on the spinoff instead of Flash. I wonder if there's some sort of misdirect here.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
He said he adjusted the plot so perhaps there would have been a different explanation for it.
I think it's a shame. Granted, if they couldn't get the actor, it is what it is. But I'm not surprised they had to rework things because it felt to me like an episode that was originally to be one thing and became another. Instead of "Who Is Harrison Wells" it was more like "Where Is Harrison Wells?" Or "Everyone Passes the Idiot Ball" because they all did. Even though the meta shows them right off what he can do - shapeshift - most of the characters spend large chunks of the rest of the episode acting like they have no clue they're facing off against someone who can take anyone's form. Like Barry seeing "Eddie" at the house or even Caitlin not cluing in to "Barry" acting strangely at the lab. Totally makes sense if they have no idea it's a shapeshifter but since they do... Her "I knew it!" would have even made more sense because...girl, you didn't, but you should have.

And why did the shifter even go to Barry's house to take on his form?

Definitely felt reworked and those two scenes as written came from the earlier draft, where I'm betting neither Caitlin nor Barry knew it was a shapeshifter.

Still, if they couldn't get Eobard, would have been nice to have Harrison more involved with the plot about who he was.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
He looks so much like Candice, even has her dimples. I yted him and he's so darn cute, ngl I'm crushing a bit.

But the description sounds odd, especially since I doubt Wally is gonna gain his powers on the spinoff instead of Flash. I wonder if there's some sort of misdirect here.
Well in the comics Wally gets his powers in Keystone City not Central City watch it be reveal the spinoff takes place in Keystone City it would explain why Jay Jackson is not with the spinoff members in that photo with Barry/Oliver. Also the others casting release said this person is playing Hawkgirl and this person is playing Rip H this one says this person is playing Jay Jackson this may be a place holder name why would they want to keep his name a secret? this one may be the last person casted they really took there time with this one didn't they. Also he will be a main regular in the spinoff like we will see a lot of him this casting matches with this casting call
Quote:
MYSTERY HERO | An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations]
why in his 20's that is the same age Barry/Iris is he gets his powers unexpectedly also notice they don't mention what his powers are like they want to keep it a secret. Why? also notice how when he gets his powers and joins the team he freaks out about the stuff there doing like he is new to it all never seen nothing like it who does that sound like? he got a surprising connection to Star Labs team aka Team Flash he also looks like he could be kin to Iris West why cast someone who looks like he could be kin to her. Having Wally in spinoff could help because they could develop him show he's a likeable person, who he is maybe even become a fan-favorite before they make the big reveal he is Wally West. That way when he goes on The Flash they don't have to take time away from the main-storylines/cast we already know all that by watching the spinoff and with New-52 Wally getting arrested a lot and him being in Keystone City and Eddie being from Keystone City something tells me Eddie did the arresting but what if before Wally lives in Keystone City he lived with Barry/Iris/Joe when he was little until high school notice this
Quote:
a former high school athlete, whose pro-career was derailed by injury. Now making ends meets as an auto mechanic,
notice it says former high school athlete was derailed by injury what if Wally was the big high school player in Central City he had everything but after his injury he lost it all going to the bottom so he starts robbing places petty crimes to make himself feel better until he's caught by Uncle Joe and it pains Joe that his Nephew is doing this after Wally is arrested and release he keeps doing it until he's tire of follow Joe's rules/orders so he leaves has a falling out with Joe leaves Central City and never looking back which he ends up in Keystone City. Wally still does some more petty crimes until caught by Eddie then at some point Wally stops stealing and gets a job as a mechanic making ends meat until he gets his powers joining the spinoff team but he needs help understanding his powers the only people who can help is Star-Labs team in Central City. But to make sure no one finds out about his powers he using he going to see family in Central City as a cover-up a family he hasn't seen/talk to until now. Also reason why Barry/Iris may not mention Wally is because it brings up bad memories for the West family/Joe I'm thinking Joe/Wally had a Father/Son relationship until there falling out now in S2 they could slowly rebuild that relationship.

Last edited by dragonfire; 04-24-2015 at 08:39 AM
Old 04-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I think it's a shame. Granted, if they couldn't get the actor, it is what it is. But I'm not surprised they had to rework things because it felt to me like an episode that was originally to be one thing and became another. Instead of "Who Is Harrison Wells" it was more like "Where Is Harrison Wells?" Or "Everyone Passes the Idiot Ball" because they all did. Even though the meta shows them right off what he can do - shapeshift - most of the characters spend large chunks of the rest of the episode acting like they have no clue they're facing off against someone who can take anyone's form. Like Barry seeing "Eddie" at the house or even Caitlin not cluing in to "Barry" acting strangely at the lab. Totally makes sense if they have no idea it's a shapeshifter but since they do... Her "I knew it!" would have even made more sense because...girl, you didn't, but you should have.

And why did the shifter even go to Barry's house to take on his form?

Definitely felt reworked and those two scenes as written came from the earlier draft, where I'm betting neither Caitlin nor Barry knew it was a shapeshifter.

Still, if they couldn't get Eobard, would have been nice to have Harrison more involved with the plot about who he was.
Yes, it was a fun episode but as you said, they all took way too many idiot pills (or forgot to eat their vegetables).

Yes, a lot of things would have made more sense if the characters didn't know that a shapeshifter existed as early as they did. Like instead of the guy showing Barry his abilities, the audience would have seen him change while Barry loses him and doesn't know why.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-24-2015 at 08:54 AM
Old 04-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Best comic preview in awhile, I think. Can't wait for this episode.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I'm thinking Jay is Wally too the other cast release said Hawkgirl, Rip H, this one says Jay Jackson it matches with this casting call African American male in his 20's who unexpectedly gains powers sounds like he be a rookie just starting out. Barry/Iris is in there 20's he has a surprising connection to Star Labs team aka team Flash he may need help understanding his powers so Martin/Ray tell him to go to Star-Labs but to make sure no knows about his powers he would need a cover-up like go see family that lives in C-City. Also someone said Wally could be Iris's Cousin and Joe's Nephew that could work it would help Wally/Linda romance if he is in his 20's
The description you quoted sounds more like Static (including the quippiness). The other description (high school athlete) sounds more like Cyborg. I guess we'll find out eventually

It would be great if they're casting for Wally though. And if that's the case, I'm going to need Linda to come back and have Iris introduce them

Edited after reading the comic preview: Barry is DIRECTOR of Central City's CSI division? Is he director because he's apparently the only CSI in Central City, so they gave him a title? (Wasn't he "just a lab tech" in Arrow? Guess he got a promotion while he was in a coma).

Unless Gideon is referring to Future!Barry being Director?
Old 04-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Episode 20 is going to be awesome! I can't wait.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread