Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ok but that wasn't my point. Whether or not Barry would have actually confided in her doesn't change the fact that Iris, his best friend, should have noticed that something was off with him. The fact that I'm to believe that Felicity noticed and not Iris is what made it ridiculous. The whole scene was ridiculous and yet another example of why the addition of Ray/Felicity in the episode felt forced and unnecessary.
I attributed the "Iris doesn't notice something is up with Barry despite the fact that she's the one who ALWAYS notices when something is up with Barry, even when he's wearing a mask" to Iris being preoccupied with Eddie-issues.

That's the only excuse that makes sense to me anyway.

Last edited by Elektra; 04-20-2015 at 08:33 AM
Old 04-20-2015, 09:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
I'm glad to hear Robbie will be in Season 2.

Regardless of if Felicity is their Mary Sue or not, the way the relationships are currently being presented, there's no one else who could have taken up that role if she or someone else from Arrow wasn't there. Because Barry's confidante is Joe who was the skeptic, he doesn't share his problems with Iris (her confiding in him doesn't make her his confidante) and it was something related to Cisco and Caitlin.

So while the episode had a ton of issues, from my perspective, it wasn't really about making Felicity more relevant than she is but more evidence of them writing themselves into a corner in a sense.
Still not even the point. But at the end of the the day, nearly every Barry/Felicity scene was about Barry being used or dumbed down to make Felicity more relevant. "Felicity, do something! (Even though I could do it myself)." "Felicity, I don't know who to trust, I don't know what to do." *cue Felicity telling Barry some lame story about Oliver* lol They had to contrive scenes to justify her being in the episode. I guess that's what happens when you have the same character crossing over 3 times in one season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I attributed the "Iris doesn't notice something is up with Barry despite the fact that she's the one who ALWAYS notices when something is up with Barry, even when he's wearing a mask" to Iris being preoccupied with Eddie-issues.

That's the only excuse that makes sense to me anyway.
Well yeah, I figured that. But it didn't feel genuine at all. The scene itself was ridiculously contrived and would have been better left unwritten or on the cutting room floor.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Still not even the point. But at the end of the the day, nearly every Barry/Felicity scene was about Barry being used or dumbed down to make Felicity more relevant. "Felicity, do something! (Even though I could do it myself)." "Felicity, I don't know who to trust, I don't know what to do." *cue Felicity telling Barry some lame story about Oliver* lol They had to contrive scenes to justify her being in the episode. I guess that's what happens when you have the same character crossing over 3 times in one season.
I disagree on Felicity. Barry isn't dumbed down specifically for Felicity - it's a problem with the entire set up. Go ahead and blame the writing for dumbing Barry in general but Felicity is not the reason no matter how much you insist that she is.

The Felicity/Barry scenes weren't written to make Felicity relevant. The writing of the season in general is what called for Felicity in this episode. There's a huge difference in those scenarios.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Ha. I don't recall saying Barry is dumbed down specifically for Felicity. I've said the same about Barry and Team Flash. Felicity is the focus right now because the discussion is about the last episode.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

When your post is Felicity this, Felicity that, it sure sounds like you're making it all about Felicity.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes to Robbie coming back! I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a regular next season, that's probably why he's not going to the spin off.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Ummm....maybe because Felicity and episode 18 is topic of the moment??? Not sure why that's hard to understand, especially when I never said it only happens with Felicity.

Quote:
PRE-FINALE: On April 28, those in the know about Dr. Wells will "finally decide to do something about" about their suspect mentor by setting a trap, exec producer Andrew Kreisberg previews, adding that Cisco's flashes of the alt timeline provide "the key" to that plan. Viewers won't have to wait long for Iris to learn Barry's secret, and she is most definitely "not happy" with the men in her life for lying. The penultimate episode is quite a Rogues gathering – Captain Cold, Lisa Snart, The Mist, Deathbolt, Peekaboo, The Rainbow Raider and The Weather Wizard all return – that "involves a very strange alliance when Wells' actions threaten the integrity of the pipeline prison," the EP teases.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 19): Kreisberg promises "a lot more answers and a lot more clarity" about the night that Barry's mother died -- and even more importantly, you're going to get one of the most powerfully emotional scenes we've ever done." (Judging by his description of the table read – "People were crying all the way throughout it" – have hankies ready.) "It all comes to a head in ways that I think people are expecting, and in ways people couldn't possibly be expecting," he adds. But back to those answers: One will be "an explanation for why Cisco is able to access a timeline that no longer exists."
[PHOTOS] May Sweeps Spoilers: Scoops From Your Favorite Finale Episodes | TVLine
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
I think the tragic stuff is gonna be time travel related, or simply fixed via time travel. Since Ronnie is alive, nothing changes the fact that Caitlin is his wife.
I didn't say it does. I'm actually glad he's alive and I hope he becomes a regular next season.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Barry has been dumbed down generally on The Flash. That happens on these superhero shows. It's really annoying. Though how else are they gonna make Captain Cold or Heatwave last an hour's worth of episode? LOL!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Total Fan

Based on the date of these spoilers (Apr 28th), maybe Iris doesn't find out until next week that Barry = The Flash.

Aside from that, here's some spec:

The "integrity of the pipeline prison" probably leads to Captain Cold to team up with The Flash, and helps him head off into the spinoff as only a semi bad guy/anti-hero (he promised to stop killing people, after all ). Hopefully, Cold takes Weather Wizard with him to the new show, since he's an official "Rogue". Peekaboo should be allowed to go on her way since what she did was more misguided than "bad", but The Mist (who is already an unrepentant serial killer) can meet his end.

The others... I don't know. Cisco really needs to make some kind of collar to supress their powers so they can be put in Iron Heights, like in the comics.

Maybe the "emotional scene" involves Barry allowing his mom to be killed in order to save his younger self, then runs back home and mourns over her body. (There is another possibility, but it would be way too dark for this show). On a side note, if that happens I hope Iris (despite how angry she is over the lying) will comfort her BFF when he makes it back to the present timeline.

And my final spec is that Cisco's "Vibe" powers coming to the surface will be the explanation for why he's able to see the alternate timeline. Extra spec: Maybe they were latent powers he was born with rather than caused by the Particle accelerator, and the disturbance in the space-time continuum jump-started them - since it's canon now that not all Metahumans were created by the explosion.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad Robbie will be back for season 2!

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ummm....maybe because Felicity and episode 18 is topic of the moment??? Not sure why that's hard to understand, especially when I never said it only happens with Felicity.

You made it all about Felicity and there's nothing hard to understand there. But we can all move on from this now.

Thanks for the spoilers.

They've really hyped up their emotional scene so I hope it lives up to our expectations.

Barry allowing his mom to be killed to save his younger self... it's like, I feel like Barry won't have the ability to go back to that specific date quite yet but who knows? Grant already promised us more time travel so he should be able to travel in some way, I'm assuming.

Quote:
"It all comes to a head in ways that I think people are expecting, and in ways people couldn't possibly be expecting,"
But this does sound like it might be related to Barry's mother because returning to her has been a major theme this season. So it's like, how can they not revisit it in the finale but on the other hand, I wonder if Barry is powerful enough to do that yet.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

It could be a "course correction by the universe" thing where he saves his mother but someone else close to him dies.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
It could be a "course correction by the universe" thing where he saves his mother but someone else close to him dies.
So Joe?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Joe, maybe, yes. But they need to give us something more than that after all this. Like starting the next season in an AU. Perhaps they can even make Iris interesting enough, having her grow up without her father. lol!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread