Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

I can see Iris finding out the truth on her own, not immediately confronting everyone, and then seeing Eddie. He might be like I need to tell you something Joe and Barry don't want me to etc. and she'd play along. Then afterwards she would say she already knows and would be mad, but find it easier to forgive him because he did eventually tell her the truth.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Stunts for the finale: SHOOT: THE FLASH Vortex Above the Vancouver Art Gallery | yvrshoots

Andrew K said the finale will be full of tears, Grant said Barry will be an emotional wreck, hearsay at Cape Comic Con is that we're all going to need some tissues.

John Wesley Shipp pretty much confirmed that his character won't die although he alluded to him being unconscious in the last 10 minutes of the finale. Someone else thinks Joe might die and I can't imagine the fandom reaction to that. It will be nuts!

Went to a panel with John Wesley Shipp today(and spoke to him afterwards) : FlashTV
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:34 AM
Total Fan

All this lying to Iris, poor girl.

What I don't get is why Eddie is adding lies upon lies. eg: When Iris asked if he was working with the Flash, why didn't he just say "Yeah, he's been helping us out". I mean, was it an ego thing for him? ie: "I'm just that good..."

Also, when Iris was asking Eddie about what he was hiding, a simple "Police business. I can't talk about it with civilians." or something of the sort would have prevented their semi break-up.

Out of curiosity, what department do Eddie and Joe work for? Like... why would they even be out stopping bank robbers if they usually work Homicides, for example? Although, I guess we'll get the answer to that one as soon as we get the answer to why Barry seems to be the only CSI in Central City
Old 04-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I think Eddie felt guilty exactly because he is working with The Flash to keep Iris in the dark. The whole point was to show that he's not ok with the lying, or at least, isn't as good at it as Joe and Barry.

As for Joe, I can't imagine that the writers would kill him off so soon, especially when they've talked about exploring stories with Iris' mom and Wally next season. But maybe his death would serve as the catalyst for those stories. I hope not but we'll see.

By the way, remember at Paley when AK said that Joe and Wells would have a scene where they talk about Mama West and Jesse looked like he had no idea what AK was talking about? Well, we still haven't seen that scene. lol
Old 04-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Stunts for the finale: SHOOT: THE FLASH Vortex Above the Vancouver Art Gallery | yvrshoots

Andrew K said the finale will be full of tears, Grant said Barry will be an emotional wreck, hearsay at Cape Comic Con is that we're all going to need some tissues.

John Wesley Shipp pretty much confirmed that his character won't die although he alluded to him being unconscious in the last 10 minutes of the finale. Someone else thinks Joe might die and I can't imagine the fandom reaction to that. It will be nuts!

Went to a panel with John Wesley Shipp today(and spoke to him afterwards) : FlashTV
hmmm Joe might die, I didn't see it happening this soon.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think there's a pretty good chance Joe will die at some point, but not this season.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Joe upsets me but I would miss his laugh. Also, I just don't want to see Iris suffer through that.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
All this lying to Iris, poor girl.

What I don't get is why Eddie is adding lies upon lies. eg: When Iris asked if he was working with the Flash, why didn't he just say "Yeah, he's been helping us out". I mean, was it an ego thing for him? ie: "I'm just that good..."

Also, when Iris was asking Eddie about what he was hiding, a simple "Police business. I can't talk about it with civilians." or something of the sort would have prevented their semi break-up.
I've seen a ton of people asking this question, and that's a fail on the writers. They should've shown Iris/Eddie disconnecting instead of just having Iris grill him about Flash.

So much writing fail.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

lmao. It's just their usual fail at writing relationship drama.

Regarding Joe's death, yeah, I can't imagine them killing Joe so soon especially as Cisco is their Kenny but who knows? I just don't want them to kill Joe to make Barry purposely time travel.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Meh. I understood the Eddie stuff. But overall, the episode itself was a complete fail. Forgettable villain, bad dialogue, and the continued dumbing down of Barry to make other characters relevant (in this case, Felicity and her hacking skills). Also, Felicity is now Barry's confidante, running after him in that restaurant scene when his best friend is sitting right there? Yeah, just an all around contrived, silly episode (though still not as bad and pointless as episode 12).

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 04-19-2015 at 09:21 PM
Old 04-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Iris is hardly Barry's confidante. They tell us they are best friends but it's been a long while since they've shown him even itching to tell her anything. Joe has that role.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Huh? They just showed us Barry "itching" to tell Iris how much he's been thinking about her and vice versa and in this very episode, they had Iris confiding in him about her fears with Eddie. But whether or not he's been itching to tell her anything it's not even my point. I'm saying that they put Barry and Iris in a scene together where it's obvious that something is bothering Barry and Iris doesn't notice or care? Instead, it's Felicity who senses something is wrong and runs after him? Please. It's painfully obvious that they were trying to make her more important/relevant than she actually is.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

My point is regardless of if Felicity had been in this episode or not, Barry would not have confided in Iris about Wells.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Ok but that wasn't my point. Whether or not Barry would have actually confided in her doesn't change the fact that Iris, his best friend, should have noticed that something was off with him. The fact that I'm to believe that Felicity noticed and not Iris is what made it ridiculous. The whole scene was ridiculous and yet another example of why the addition of Ray/Felicity in the episode felt forced and unnecessary.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

It sounds like you're blaming this on Felicity's presence and I'm saying that given how they've been writing them, Felicity or no Felicity, Iris and Barry still wouldn't have been written to have that scene about Wells.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread