Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I have no reason to care about Eddie/Iris. I'm not a big fan of already established relationships that happened off--screen.

I love Cisco, but do you think people will call Cisco a ~damsel in distress who always needs to be saved~ like some people say about Iris? Heh.

This episode was so boring. *sighs*

Yes, Iris, I'm so glad you have some self-respect.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy

Last edited by london grammar; 04-14-2015 at 05:57 PM
Old 04-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

It was an alright episode. I always love Barry and Felicity so I liked that.

I want Tina McGee to become their mentor after they get rid of Wells.

I enjoyed Cisco and Ray.

lol. I loved how Barry was the odd man out on the date and yet, he wasn't the awkward one.

And Barry is hilarious in his "sweet" scene when he's lying through his teeth and it's his secret that Eddie is keeping. How romantic. But I suppose we now know how he rationalizes it.

ETA:

I just got to watch the beginning and Barry is so pompous about his crime stopping abilities. SMH. lol
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-14-2015 at 06:43 PM
Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

So do we know when that episode was supposed to be set in relation to Arrow?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
So do we know when that episode was supposed to be set in relation to Arrow?
It was supposed to be before 3x18.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
It was an alright episode. I always love Barry and Felicity so I liked that.

I want Tina McGee to become their mentor after they get rid of Wells.

I enjoyed Cisco and Ray.

lol. I loved how Barry was the odd man out on the date and yet, he wasn't the awkward one.

And Barry is hilarious in his "sweet" scene when he's lying through his teeth and it's his secret that Eddie is keeping. How romantic. But I suppose we now know how he rationalizes it.
Yeah, that Barry/Iris scene rubbed me the wrong way.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It was supposed to be before 3x18.
I know that much. But timeline wise, it can't be right before 3.18, as Ray is shot at the end of 3.17, and in the hospital throughout 3.18. Plus, Felicity's comment about oliver possibly joining the League would indicate it was earlier than 3.17/3.18.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."

I hope the writers know what they are doing and don't take too many liberties because they expect the audience to suspend disbelief.

They are going to have to explain how Cisco has dreams and memories of things that did not take place. Are people connected to themselves in other timelines? And why is it only happening to Cisco? Or are they all going to start remembering things that they did not experience?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."

I hope the writers know what they are doing and don't take too many liberties because they expect the audience to suspend disbelief.

They are going to have to explain how Cisco has dreams and memories of things that did not take place. Are people connected to themselves in other timelines? And why is it only happening to Cisco? Or are they all going to start remembering things that they did not experience?
I was hoping Iris would have flashbacks too, then I read the Wikipedia entry for Cisco/Vibe:
Quote:
Vibe's reintroduction in 2013 has sought to establish him as a more powerful character. Part of this was redefining his powers as having to do with interdimensional physics.

In Justice League of America's Vibe #3, Amanda Waller says "Cisco Ramon might be one of the most powerful super-humans on the planet. He wields vibrational powers that could in theory shake the Earth apart. And he's the only person we know of who can find and track interdimensional breaches".
... so maybe that's how he can see the other timeline? Maybe his powers are starting to manifest?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Nah. Barry/Iris were the highlight of an otherwise MEH episode. The fact that Barry was lying doesn't bother me. lol He's been lying since the beginning, after all. And I think it will make the reveal and Iris' anger feel even more earned.

Felicity telling Barry to be honest with Caitlin and Cisco while enabling his lying to Iris...why am I not surprised? lol
Old 04-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow Felicity is such a hypocrite Can you imagine if Oliver lied to her about his identity?? She would lose her ****!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I was hoping Iris would have flashbacks too, then I read the Wikipedia entry for Cisco/Vibe:
... so maybe that's how he can see the other timeline? Maybe his powers are starting to manifest?
Okay, that would make sense. I hope they at least clarify this on the show this season.

Barry/Iris certainly weren't a highlight to me. The highlight was the beginning when Barry, Joe and Eddie were solving crime.

As for Eddie/Iris, other that the fact that very few people gaf about their relationship, this drama could be compelling if it were in fact about Eddie not being able to share the darkness of his work, and him learning that while it was okay for Joe to shield his kids, it's different from a relationship between a couple who are supposed to be partners, but it's not even about that. It's about his inability to keep a secret.

Not that a spouse needs to know the details of one's work or anything but the fact that Eddie has suddenly started acting funny when he's been fighting crime the whole time Iris has known him is the problem.

On the plus side, at least everyone now knows Iris's stance on the whole thing and we'll see how she reacts when she finds out that both Barry and Joe have been keeping things from her.

And another thing, do Eddie/Joe scenes have to be so awkward? Other than the sex thing, the whole "boyfriend/father/husband" thing just wasn't it.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-14-2015 at 07:51 PM
Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yeah, Felicity encouraging Barry to lie to Iris was not cute.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

This episode was sloppy af.

The beginning was really fun. Barry being smug always cracks me up.

I'm so done with Joe. That conversation with Eddie was so gross. Ranking the men in Iris' life for who gets a "vote" in making decisions for her life? Jfc! When will this man realise his daughter is a grown ass woman, not property.

The WA scene was sweet, but then again Barry was kind of covering his own ass sooo...

I loved that they did the Barry/Felicity goodbye with the same lines as always so cute.

Cisco was such a cutie. Ray is boring as hell. Hope we see Tina again!

Promo:

Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I just kept rolling my eyes through this entire episode. I mean, can Felicity just go away?? stay on Arrow from now on? I am so bored of her commentary and her little "jokes" i mean its just so lame… She's so lame and I can't stand her hypocritical stance on everything… Good bye…

Cisco's flashes on AT were the best for me, and Iris's reaction to Barry was cute but Barry in that moment should have come clean… Nothing was right in this episode, nothing!! Oh except Iris' ultimatum to Eddie… That was on point!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
I'm so done with Joe. That conversation with Eddie was so gross. Ranking the men in Iris' life for who gets a "vote" in making decisions for her life? Jfc! When will this man realise his daughter is a grown ass woman, not property.
I'm surprised that a man who acts and thinks the way he does didn't have more to say when his daughter decided to move in with a man before marriage.

I do wonder if Iris moving back home is how she discovers Barry's secret or it will just be another thing that doesn't really add more to the plot.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-14-2015 at 08:26 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread