Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Awwww! Lol at Caitlin being the only one appropriately dressed
She probably already had the dress sitting in her closet, just waiting for the day she could wear it . It seems like a rather impromptu wedding though (everyone in jeans and t-shirt). I wonder what leads to it?

I hope it's not some alternate timeline, or something that doesn't stick for whatever reason. I want Ronnie to be a semi-regular - preferably still with his powers (because if Oliver can have a partner, so should Barry ), although I don't know how they'll do that with Stein being in the spinoff.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I hope it's not some alternate timeline, or something that doesn't stick for whatever reason. I want Ronnie to be a semi-regular - preferably still with his powers (because if Oliver can have a partner, so should Barry ), although I don't know how they'll do that with Stein being in the spinoff.
Well there has to be more to Luc Roderique being cast as Firestorm. I'm thinking his character will merge with Ronnie when VG leaves for the spinoff.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Does anyone know where/when Danielle said Caitlin will get everything she wants only to have it taken away from her? I keep seeing it mentioned but I've never seen or heard the direct quote. I feel like it's a pretty big tease if she said it about the rest of the season, so I'm surprised I haven't seen it sourced anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Well, I meant played for laughs on Barry's part, since he would likely be confused. Either way, this sounds more like trolling than the writers throwing out shipper bait. I mean, I could see if this was an alternate timeline situation or real Caitlin and Barry having to kiss as distraction for something but this setup is not something I would die over as a shipper. Sounds pretty insulting, actually. lol
I guess we'll see, but I definitely think shippers would appreciate it if only in a shallow sense lol. I mean it's not like it would ruin canon SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
True. And a nice treat. Also a tease for us fans who wanted to see bad Eddie. Damn it, Writers.
I ship Barry with everyone somewhat so I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it would be obvious shipbaiting because it would need/get no follow through.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I ship Barry with everyone somewhat so I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it would be obvious shipbaiting because it would need/get no follow through.
Yes, definitely. I can't speak for SB shippers but if I were on a ship that had almost no chance of sailing like say Ryan/Summer of the O.C., I would love a treat like this. I don't mind SB myself so I'll enjoy it. She's marrying Ronnie in a few eps anyway so it doesn't matter.

As for sad face Barry, I hope that by this point, his attitude about the whole thing has changed and he's accepted Eddie/Iris and is focusing on other things.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Addicted Fan

It's Barry's fault that Iris is still with Eddie imo, so I don't really feel that bad for him. But the wedding is probably gonna prompt Iris/Eddie breaking up so all is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Still one of my favorite Martha scenes of the series.
She was such a good actress too, she nailed the teenager in a 30somethings body. But now that stupid Ashley Simpson song is stuck in my head.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Absolute Fan

I've seen some serious SB shippers who don't like the baiting (and this would be the worst kind) and definitely don't like the idea of this Caitlin/Ronnie wedding. So I'm not convinced this would go over well, all things considered.

As for Barry, I think even if he has accepted Iris/Eddie (not happening, lol) he'd probably still be sad at seeing them together, especially in this type of situation. And I doubt the writers would miss such a chance to play up "poor Barry." I'm over it myself but it's something we'll probably see.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

ParsD, how is it Barry's fault?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the info!!

I'll bet this Hijinx means Caitlin comes onto Barry (which isn't the real Caitlin - aka SB fans will love it) Eddie who isn't Eddie will shoot the cops… This could be a fun episode I wonder what he does as Iris?? shut down Barry again?

Quote:
Hmmm... I thought the fourth girl Barry would kiss (or get kissed by) would be Brie Larson or Lisa Snart, but I could see the meta as Caitlin maybe kissing him. That would be a big treat for SB fans without altering the overall story.
Ooo just saw this! Yep I thought the same thing about Lisa and Brie.. You could be onto something though..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Yes, definitely. I can't speak for SB shippers but if I were on a ship that had almost no chance of sailing like say Ryan/Summer of the O.C., I would love a treat like this. I don't mind SB myself so I'll enjoy it. She's marrying Ronnie in a few eps anyway so it doesn't matter.

As for sad face Barry, I hope that by this point, his attitude about the whole thing has changed and he's accepted Eddie/Iris and is focusing on other things.
I hope we get more progression on Iris' side, because otherwise it will just feel like same old same old. Barry pining for the rest of the season and going into season 2 indefinitely would be very tiresome.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Aww, Ronnie and Caitlin are getting hitched?! That dress is great. Barry's puppy/heart eyes will be traveling in Iris' direction in 5 4 3 2 1..
there is soooo gonna be longing looks!! I need it now!!

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ronnie/Caitlin are cute. I wonder if their wedding is for real or not, though.

Also, some of these character baiting comments are not cool.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope we get more progression on Iris' side, because otherwise it will just feel like same old same old. Barry pining for the rest of the season and going into season 2 indefinitely would be very tiresome.
Exactly. That's why I wish they didn't decide to do their "lightning rod" thing just so that they could have their time travel connection (I'm assuming) in ep 15 if they planned a retread of what we've already seen.

At this point, I'm cool with no progress on Iris's side if they just chill out on the pining. I don't see what it adds to the story. I liked ep 17 in that regard.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-02-2015 at 07:02 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode 15 wasn't just about the time travel connection. It was about confirming Iris' feelings for Barry, that she has been in denial. In that sense, there was some story progression...which they completely sabotaged with episode 16. But the point was to show that Iris is in love with Barry and will eventually confess her feelings to him.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I'm not going to get into an argument about this but I personally feel that Iris being "in love" with Barry just has far too many conditions. So I now find the entire thing rather bogus.

But please, I'm not asking for an explanation of anything. I've watched the show myself and have arrived at my own conclusion.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Ok. That's fine. But saying the episode was just about the time travel connection when they didn't even get into the whole "lightning rod" thing until episode 16, is well...not true. The focus of 15 was more on Barry and Iris and their feelings for each other. And no I'm not looking for an argument or giving an explanation in saying that. I'm sharing my thoughts, just as you are.