Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
^It looks like she's offering him gum.

But I'm 90% sure Eddie is gonna propose since they foreshadowed it in 1.15 (and 1.09). I'm sure she'll refuse at first, but I kinda wonder if something will happen to make Iris agree. Like if Barry Oliver Queens her. I'm not as hopeful as you guys with this, lol.
Omg do not speak of such things. What a nightmare D:

If he does propose I hope she thinks about it but then says no and that's that. I could definitely do without an engagement that gets broken just before the wedding in s2, it would be so cliche.

ETA: There should be some Joe/Iris/Barry next episode since Candice posted they were filming at the West house

...though Eddie is there too.

Last edited by Bree347; 03-28-2015 at 01:24 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 01:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Finally! I've been wanting a proper West-Allen Family/Eddie scene forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Omg do not speak of such things. What a nightmare D:
lol, sorry.

IA about the engagement thing being cliche. But this is CW.... The best case scenario is that the proposal is what forces Iris to realize she doesn't want Eddie.

But I don't think WA are gonna end the season as a couple, so something has to stop them from getting too friendly.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:06 AM
Master Fan

ECCC: John Wesley Shipp Talks "The Flash," Past and Present - Comic Book Resources

Not much of the spoiler variety, but interesting all the same. He's going to be in the finale.

Quote:
lol, sorry.

IA about the engagement thing being cliche. But this is CW.... The best case scenario is that the proposal is what forces Iris to realize she doesn't want Eddie.

But I don't think WA are gonna end the season as a couple, so something has to stop them from getting too friendly.
Same here. Can't think of anything but Iris/Eddie that would stop it unfortunately (just hope there's no engagement). Except maybe Iris being angry at Barry for lying to her for so long, but I don't know if that will still really be the case by the finale.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But I'm 90% sure Eddie is gonna propose since they foreshadowed it in 1.15 (and 1.09). I'm sure she'll refuse at first, but I kinda wonder if something will happen to make Iris agree. Like if Barry Oliver Queens her. I'm not as hopeful as you guys with this, lol.
Lol. I honestly doubt it. That kind of thing only works for an Oliver Queen type, not someone like Barry who desperately just wants the woman he loves to love him back. Also, I don't see anything within the narrative or Iris' characterization that suggests she'd change her mind simply because Barry decides that they shouldn't be together. I mean, one of the best things the writers have done is show that Iris doesn't make decisions based solely on what the men in her life do or think.

Now Barry and Iris probably won't end up together before the season is over but I think that's more likely because there's a lot happening in the finale (which may or may not prevent them from being together) than Iris agreeing to marry Eddie and/or Barry pushing her away.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Now Barry and Iris probably won't end up together before the season is over but I think that's more likely because there's a lot happening in the finale (which may or may not prevent them from being together) than Iris agreeing to marry Eddie and/or Barry pushing her away.
I don't expect a hook up in the final. But something has to come between WA to stop them from reconciling offscreen after the final. And lbr something has to stop them from hooking up in 2.01...because you know CW will drag this.

Quote:
Same here. Can't think of anything but Iris/Eddie that would stop it unfortunately (just hope there's no engagement). Except maybe Iris being angry at Barry for lying to her for so long, but I don't know if that will still really be the case by the finale.
Yeah, if Iris knows by 1.22 then it can't be her being mad.

Or they could be separated by distance. Now that they're unemployed, Cisco/Caitlin could do a worldwide summer vacay with Barry (foreshadow in 1.02?). Then, in s2 WA only just start rebuilding since the mess of the reveal.

Last edited by ParsD; 03-28-2015 at 04:38 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Or they could be separated by distance. Now that they're unemployed, Cisco/Caitlin could do a worldwide summer vacay with Barry (foreshadow in 1.02?). Then, in s2 WA only just start rebuilding since the mess of the reveal.
Ha. At the last minute, Iris realises she wants to be with him and rushes to the airport, but it's too late; he's already gone. And when he comes back in 2x01 he's dating Caitlin. Lol.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Ha. At the last minute, Iris realises she wants to be with him and rushes to the airport, but it's too late; he's already gone. And when he comes back in 2x01 he's dating Caitlin. Lol.

But if they break up in 2.01... I'd be okay with it. Andrew K did say there was a surprise for who Barry was gonna hook up with in the final.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But if they break up in 2.01... I'd be okay with it. Andrew K did say there was a surprise for who Barry was gonna hook up with in the final.
Lol nah I'm just messing with you. AK is such a troll drumming up Barry as this ladies man, I'm pretty sure the "surprise" is that Barry ends up with no one. But, never say never I guess. It is the CW after all like you said.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Lol nah I'm just messing with you. AK is such a troll drumming up Barry as this ladies man, I'm pretty sure the "surprise" is that Barry ends up with no one. But, never say never I guess. It is the CW after all like you said.
I don't trust him, but I also fear CW.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:33 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
ECCC: John Wesley Shipp Talks "The Flash," Past and Present - Comic Book Resources

Not much of the spoiler variety, but interesting all the same. He's going to be in the finale.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I don't expect a hook up in the final. But something has to come between WA to stop them from reconciling offscreen after the final. And lbr something has to stop them from hooking up in 2.01...because you know CW will drag this.
Well, we'll have to see what happens in the finale and how much time passes between then and season 2...if any time passes at all. But I don't know if I'd say something has to stop them from hooking up at start of next season. I mean, maybe, lol but I wouldn't be shocked if they do start dating, especially with Grant already saying that they could possibly be together in season 2. Either way, I don't expect that something to be Eddie (at least not in the sense that Iris decides to go back to him) or Caitlin. We're forgetting about Ronnie or...? lol

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 03-28-2015 at 08:52 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Well, we'll have to see what happens in the finale and how much time passes between then and season 2...if any time passes at all. But I don't know if I'd say something has to stop them from hooking up at start of next season. I mean, maybe, lol but I wouldn't be shocked if they do start dating, especially with Grant already saying that they could possibly be together in season 2. Either way, I don't expect that something to be Eddie (at least not in the sense that Iris decides to go back to him) or Caitlin. We're forgetting about Ronnie or...? lol
I just assume since we follow Arrow's timeline we're getting the few months lag time between seasons like they do.

I can't remember too well, but didn't Oliver go MIA for a few months between s1-2, then again from s2-s3? That's why I can see Barry doing that round the world trip he and Joe were talking about and returns without baggage.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Very short vid that shows a little of the Oliver/Barry team up. They continued filming that scene last night.

The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I just assume since we follow Arrow's timeline we're getting the few months lag time between seasons like they do.

I can't remember too well, but didn't Oliver go MIA for a few months between s1-2, then again from s2-s3? That's why I can see Barry doing that round the world trip he and Joe were talking about and returns without baggage.
Between seasons 1 and 2, yes not this past season though. But I think that made sense for his character in season 1 because Oliver wasn't a hero, he didn't see himself as a hero and when things fell completely apart, he went into hiding. I don't see Barry as that type, as someone who would run off (for whatever reason) when he's fully embraced the role of hero. And depending on what happens in the finale, I don't even think that would be a choice. I mean, if Eobard is still around, I definitely don't think Barry would even consider going anywhere.

Anyhow, we may very well see a time jump, in which case there would almost certainly have to be something keeping Barry and Iris apart in between seasons. Though really, I think that could be something as simple as Iris being afraid to allow herself to be completely vulnerable with Barry, especially considering his activities. lol In other words, she's reconciled her feelings, she knows she's in love with Barry but isn't ready to act on those feelings.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 03-28-2015 at 11:26 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I was just thinking about the group dinner. It's possible that Cisco and Caitlin were expected to be there but cancelled at the last minute. That would be one way to justify Barry riding solo.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 03-28-2015 at 04:58 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread