Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2015, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Except she's not really doing any of this. And Caitlin's background isn't even in genetics, but biotech, which is vastly different.

Barry is probably more of an expert in genetics being a forensics expert and he's supposed to be a genius.
Sure she's not shown actively doing it, but it's been mentioned that that's something they're working on? I don't think Barry's meant to be a genius. Very smart yes, but Wells is what I'd call a genius. And genetic engineering falls under bio-engineering so I do believe her expertise involves genetics.

Quote:
Wells very explicitly told Plastique there was nothing they could do for her, and Caitlin didn't contradict him, so nope. I mean, ideally perhaps, but this is not something they are involved in right now. Nor is it something that's central to the show. And even if this were true, Caitlin's purpose works as more of an affiliate than an active team member.
They couldn't do anything for Plastique then, but they've literally mentioned they're keeping the metahumans in the pipeline until they can find a way to reverse what's been done to them i.e change back their DNA. Which means even if we're not seeing the process, it is something they're supposed to be trying to work towards. And imo that does make her an active team member because Barry's goal is to keep CC safe, to do that he needs to stop the "bad" metahumans, and the best way to do that is take away their powers. But regardless, I think she's useful in the day to day aspect of what Barry does as well she does help and I think her medical knowledge is worth something. I don't think Barry can rely on Cisco alone (given that he can no longer trust Wells).
Old 04-02-2015, 03:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Sure she's not shown actively doing it, but it's been mentioned that that's something they're working on? I don't think Barry's meant to be a genius. Very smart yes, but Wells is what I'd call a genius. And genetic engineering falls under bio-engineering so I do believe her expertise involves genetics.

They couldn't do anything for Plastique then, but they've literally mentioned they're keeping the metahumans in the pipeline until they can find a way to reverse what's been done to them i.e change back their DNA. Which means even if we're not seeing the process, it is something they're supposed to be trying to work towards.
Not really, genetics is highly specialized. If Caitlin was even half-way qualified to do this, she would identify as a PhD genetics, not a bio-engineer. It's like having a car mechanic make tech for quantum physicists.

And far as we know Caitlin isn't working on a cure. If she was, she'd have to be spending a ton of time on research and testing sequences of the mutants, taking samples.... Why is she just hanging around doing nothing 90% of the time onscreen?

Also, finding the "reverse" doesn't mean they're going to recode the meta's DNA. It could be that they're working on a second exposure (and using fantasy-physics explanations for it).

Last edited by ParsD; 04-02-2015 at 03:16 AM
Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

NEW THREAD

Quote:
It actually doesn't make any sense for Caitlin, because genetics is highly specialized. If Caitlin was even half-way qualified to do this, she would identify as a PhD genetics, not a bio-engineer.

And far as we know Caitlin isn't working on a cure. If she was, she wouldn't even be hanging around STAR all the time chilling. She'd be researching as a geneticist would, and she'd be testing coding sequences of the mutants.... like her job isn't anywhere near. It's like having a car mechanic make tech for quantum physicists.

Also, finding the "reverse" doesn't mean they're going to recode the meta's DNA. It could be that they're working on a second exposure (and using fantasy-physics explainations for it).
Didn't Felicity ask Caitlin to "isolate a genetic marker" or something to help solve Sara's murder? I do believe genetics is part of Caitlin's expertise.

On the bold, I mean since they said the technology required to unsplice Plastique's DNA (when they were looking for a way to take away her powers) "hasn't been invented yet" I would assume they want to get there at some point to reverse what's happened to the metas. But even if it is a second exposure well she's helping with that then lol. I mean she was hired by Wells to help with the particle accelerator.

Last edited by Bree347; 04-02-2015 at 04:14 AM
Old 04-02-2015, 06:02 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
I doubt they're gonna kill off Robbie, CW is pretty loyal to its chosen few. And there's speculation about how Dr. Stein might free himself permanently (to a degree) and get replaced by the third dude on Flash. So Victor would just play a physicist on the spinoff.

Someone said Grant looks like Waldo here and I can't unsee. (Rick, Candice, and Robbie look so fit, yowza)
Thanks.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oops...didn't see new thread. Moving there now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread