Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

FARGO S&S #1 ~ New FX Series: "Oh, you betcha, yah!"

F ★ A ★ R ★ G ★ O

Special thanks to |Sweet Disposition| (Marilyn) for the map

Premiere: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:00 PM EDT

L-R: Executive producers Noah Hawley & Warren Littlefield; Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Allison Tolman, Colin Hanks

CAST
Billy Bob Thornton ... Lorne Malvo, mysterious stranger
Martin Freeman ... Lester Nygaard, meek insurance salesman
Colin Hanks ... Deputy Gus Grimly, Duluth P.D.
Allison Tolman ... Deputy Molly Solverson. Bemidji P.D.
Bob Odenkirk ... Deputy Bill Olson, Bemidji P.D.
Kate Walsh ... Gina Hess, former nightclub stripper
Keith Carradine ... Lou Solverson
Oliver Platt ... Stavros Milos, Supermarket King

Lead Writer: Noah Hawley

Quote:
The TV version of “Fargo,” which premieres April 15, follows the spirit of the movie, a deeply dark, off-center drama that interweaves comedy and graphic violence.

It’s set in the same world of numbing cold.

But it has a different collection of characters, with a cast led by Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Colin Hanks, Allison Tolman and Bob Odenkirk.

This story will run 10 episodes, with a beginning and an end. If it goes to a second season, which executive producer Noah Hawley has optimistically begun writing, there will be a different story and likely a different cast.

Read more: FX revives 'Fargo,' a classic Coen brothers film set in North Dakota - NY Daily News
Quote:
[Billy Bob] Thornton plays a mysterious, menacing drifter named Lorne Malvo, who arrives in a small town and infects certain people with the malice and violence he carries like a virus. In this, Fargo lands squarely in a literary and movie storytelling tradition – the stranger comes to town, and nothing is ever the same.

And in this instance the person changed forever by the stranger is mild, put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played with relish by Martin Freeman, who’s familiar from his role as Watson on Sherlock and the movie The Hobbit. Lester’s the little guy who was bullied in school and stayed bullied in life. Malvo suggests he stop taking punishment from others. He takes the advice and is profoundly changed.
Source
LA Times - Fargo: "Like the movie, but different"

FX releases Fargo TV Series cast photos

Is FX's New 'Fargo' Miniseries Worth Investigating? You Betcha!

"First Look" short videos

Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton .............................. Allison Tolman and Bob Odenkirk

Board: Colin Hanks - Fan Forum

Quote:
Fargo | Only on FX
About The Show

An original adaptation of the Academy Award®-winning feature film, Fargo features an all-new "true crime" story and follows a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and "Minnesota nice" that made the film an enduring classic. Oscar® winner Billy Bob Thornton stars as "Lorne Malvo," a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman "Lester Nygaard," played by BAFTA Award® winner and Emmy®-nominated Martin Freeman. Colin Hanks plays Duluth Police Deputy "Gus Grimly," a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman when he comes face-to-face with a killer. Allison Tolman also stars as "Molly Solverson," an ambitious Bemidji deputy.

Rounding out Fargo’s colorful cast of recurring characters will be Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk as "Deputy Bill Oswalt," Golden Globe™ and Emmy-nominated Oliver Platt as "Stavros Milos," Screen Actors Guild Award® winner Kate Walsh as "Gina Hess," Glenn Howerton (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as "Don Chumph," Joey King as "Greta Grimly," Peter Breitmayer as "Lieutenant Schmidt," Tom Musgrave as "Bo Munk," Josh Close as "Chazz Nygaard," Russell Harvard as "Mr. Wrench" and Adam Goldberg as "Mr. Numbers."

A 10-episode limited series, Fargo is written by Noah Hawley. Emmy Award-winning director Adam Bernstein directed the premiere hour. Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen and Geyer Kosinski serve as executive producers. Fargo is produced by FX Productions and MGM Television.

Quote:
Episode 1.01 – Pilot: “The Crocodile’s Dilemma” (Airs April 15, 10:00 PM E/P)
A rootless, manipulative man (Billy Bob Thornton) meets a small town insurance salesman (Martin Freeman) and sets him on a path of destruction.
Written by Noah Hawley; directed by Adam Bernstein.

Episode 1.02 – “The Rooster Prince” (Airs April 22, 10:00 PM E/P)
Molly begins to suspect that Lester is involved with the murders, but her new boss points her in a different direction. Meanwhile, Malvo investigates the blackmail plot against a man known as the Supermarket King.
Written by Noah Hawley; directed by Adam Bernstein.

Episode 1.3 - "A Muddy Road" (Airs April 29, 10:00 PM E/P)
Malvo flips the script on the blackmail operation, Molly sets a trap, and Gus debates whether he should come clean. Lester's return to work has complicated repercussions.

Episode 1.04 - "Eating the Blame" (Airs May 06, 10:00 PM E/P
When Gus tries to right a wrong, Malvo embraces his alter ego, Lester finds himself in a surprising situation and Molly uncovers a promising lead.

Episode 1.05 - "The Six Ungraspables" (Airs May 13, 10:00 PM E/P)
When Lester has a close call, Molly makes an unorthodox decision. Gus weighs some neighborly advice, and Malvo gets what he wants.

Episode 1.06 - "Buridan's Ass" (Airs May 20, 10:00 PM E/P)
Malvo executes his master plan, while Lester attempts to craft one of his own. Gus and Molly team up in Duluth.

Episode 1.07 – “Who Shaves the Barber?” (Airs May 27, 10:00 PM E/P)
Malvo seeks answers, while Lester finagles a few of his own. Molly and Gus try to get past a setback in the investigation.

Episode 1.08 – "The Heap" (Airs June 3, 10:00 PM E/P)
Molly faces pressure to close the case, while Lester starts to feel like a new man.

Episode 1.09 - "A Fox, A Rabbit, and A Cabbage" (Airs June 10, 10:00 PM E/P)
Lester has an unexpected encounter, Malvo changes course, and a new investigation leads Molly down a familiar path.

Episode 1.10 - "Morton's Fork" (Airs June 17, 10:00 PM E/P)
Series Finale - Molly takes the lead, while Gus pursues a hunch. Lester manipulates a situation, and Malvo finds a new target.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Lutesse; 06-07-2014 at 07:39 PM
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting a thread for this show, Sherry. I have added this show to my thread listing for monitoring.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Sherry! It looks awesome.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you, Nikki and Meredith!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

THANK YOU

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thank you The OP looks fantastic
icon by
Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW Trude & Sandra! I'm glad you like the OP.
I think we're going to get quite a bit of promotion for this show by FX, so now we have a place to park the spoilage.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

now the news just need to come

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread title.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tweet from Colin Hanks:
Quote:
colinhanks
17 hours ago
My Fargo work station

Old 02-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Adding this to the OP:

Quote:
[Billy Bob] Thornton plays a mysterious, menacing drifter named Lorne Malvo, who arrives in a small town and infects certain people with the malice and violence he carries like a virus. In this, Fargo lands squarely in a literary and movie storytelling tradition – the stranger comes to town, and nothing is ever the same.

And in this instance the person changed forever by the stranger is mild, put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played with relish by Martin Freeman, who’s familiar from his role as Watson on Sherlock and the movie The Hobbit. Lester’s the little guy who was bullied in school and stayed bullied in life. Malvo suggests he stop taking punishment from others. He takes the advice and is profoundly changed.
Source
I wish FX would be more forthcoming with news, but reviews from the TCA's are almost universally the same as the end of the above article: "...Fargo is very, very good. There’s no misunderstanding about that."

Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new stuff!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Meredith! YW!

New map at the top, courtesy of Marilyn (|Sweet Disposition|)!
The town of Bemidji, MN is going to be the 'scene of the crime' as Brainerd was in the original Fargo movie.
You can see Brainerd at the bottom of this map, slightly right of center.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

that 's great
icon by
Old 02-09-2014, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

looks wonderful

Closed Thread   Post New Thread