Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

yeah... I mean, I get that but its just weird to me
Old 08-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I just don't get the sudden idea of Maggie and Ben... I mean, at least I think in some ways Karen/Ben would have made more sense, at least in the idea that they were both harnessed, etc...

this is so random.

hell, anyone and Ben would make more sense than Maggie and Ben
I think they're running out of ways to cause drama for Hal and Maggie with Karen out of the equation.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

^They should've just broken them up at the end of last season and kept them that way. Anytime Hal/Maggie are onscreen together, my enjoyment of the show takes a nose dive.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 08-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

that's how I feel about Hal in general
Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
^They should've just broken them up at the end of last season and kept them that way. Anytime Hal/Maggie are onscreen together, my enjoyment of the show takes a nose dive.
Quote:
that's how I feel about Hal in general
I agree with both statements. Never liked Hall much, liked Maggie even less.

Icon by Me
Old 08-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I never really cared about Maggie. but the last season or so she's gotten more annoying to me.

plus, I think it would have been symbolic of the conflict in some way if Tom's eldest son would have died. I know Ben's got the spikes and what not so it just would seem a little anticlimatic to kill him after that...

I think if they had killed Hal off it would have been a shock to Tom, especially at a time like now where he was kind of becoming a leader or something in his own right, etc... and that would have more dramatic effect I think than certainly killing off L or anything else they are doing right now
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Banned

I'm really hoping that Ben and Maggie get together. I've been liking the idea of them since last season. Their kiss tonight brought out exactly what I thought they had, and that's chemistry. They have way more chemistry than Hal/Maggie.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

So many people are upset about this Ben/Maggie thing, but up until the last episode, it has been entirely one-sided: Ben, a teenager, has a thing (a crush or real love- it doesn't really matter) for an older, attractive woman. A woman who, while they were with Lexie's group, was the only one, beside himself, who hadn't really drank the Kool-Aid, which naturally led them to form a bond, which only increased Ben's feelings.
Now that Maggie has spikes - taken from Ben - she suddenly, starts feeling "drawn" to him. I'm thinking that the spikes are still attuned to Ben and he's projecting his feelings into Maggie.
We already know that the spikes can be used to control people. Ben's mind has had more time to adapt to the spikes and use them, as opposed to being used by them.
I don't think Ben is deliberately manipulating Maggie. When he realized her interest came only after she received his spikes, he was surprised and upset. I think it's completely subconscious.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagff5tvfan (View Post)
So many people are upset about this Ben/Maggie thing, but up until the last episode, it has been entirely one-sided: Ben, a teenager, has a thing (a crush or real love- it doesn't really matter) for an older, attractive woman. A woman who, while they were with Lexie's group, was the only one, beside himself, who hadn't really drank the Kool-Aid, which naturally led them to form a bond, which only increased Ben's feelings.
Now that Maggie has spikes - taken from Ben - she suddenly, starts feeling "drawn" to him. I'm thinking that the spikes are still attuned to Ben and he's projecting his feelings into Maggie.
We already know that the spikes can be used to control people. Ben's mind has had more time to adapt to the spikes and use them, as opposed to being used by them.
I don't think Ben is deliberately manipulating Maggie. When he realized her interest came only after she received his spikes, he was surprised and upset. I think it's completely subconscious.
I agree with you for the most part, but there are somethings we do disagree. Ben and Maggie as been getting a lot screen time this season. During some of those scenes, it seemed to be a mutual attraction. I'm not saying that she shared Ben's feelings, but I do think they had chemistry.

I wouldn't describe this situation with Ben and Maggie as manipulation. Ben and Maggie are sharing spikes from the same harness, by her having them, she's become apart of Ben. I think it's something that's happening natural. Not something that Ben is controlling consciously or subconsciously.

Last edited by japrilrebelfan17; 08-18-2014 at 12:29 PM
Old 08-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't mean to imply Ben was "controlling" Maggie; only that his feelings for her were being shared along the spikes (without his knowledge), and that her mind was interpreting them as coming from her.

True, the show has been devoting screen time to them, but I still don't recall any indication that Maggie had any interest in Ben (even simple attraction, which is not something that can realistically held against a person).

I just think that this is simple a case of an unrequited crush of Ben's on an older, attractive, but, ultimately, unavailable women. Something that would be a completely normal and unimportant thing (and something Ben, Maggie, and Hal would, probably, would have been mature enough to ignore) - under normal circumstances. The fact that Ben and Hal, both, seemed to have accepted Hal's punch as deserved and to have - maybe - settled the matter, between them (brothers being brothers).

It looks, from the previews and spoilers, like Lexie is finally going to start to question the propaganda the Espheni have been filling her head with, in the next episode.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply Ben was "controlling" Maggie; only that his feelings for her were being shared along the spikes (without his knowledge), and that her mind was interpreting them as coming from her.

True, the show has been devoting screen time to them, but I still don't recall any indication that Maggie had any interest in Ben (even simple attraction, which is not something that can realistically held against a person).

I just think that this is simple a case of an unrequited crush of Ben's on an older, attractive, but, ultimately, unavailable women. Something that would be a completely normal and unimportant thing (and something Ben, Maggie, and Hal would, probably, would have been mature enough to ignore) - under normal circumstances. The fact that Ben and Hal, both, seemed to have accepted Hal's punch as deserved and to have - maybe - settled the matter, between them (brothers being brothers).

It looks, from the previews and spoilers, like Lexie is finally going to start to question the propaganda the Espheni have been filling her head with, in the next episode.
I understood what you said and I agree. The spikes does allow her to feel his feelings as if they were her own. I'm sure that's the reason why she kissed him. Prior to them being connected, she probably never thought of him in that way, but after that kiss, I'm certain that she'll start looking at in that way. And it would be justified.

The writers have been giving them a lot of screen time because they didn't want their relationship to come out of nowhere. When I say that they had a chemistry, I'm not saying that they have mutual romantic feelings, or Maggie thought of Ben as anything more than a friend. What I'm saying is that I believe that they both founded each other physical and emotional attractive. Ben really loves Maggie's personality and vice versa.

You said that don't recall Maggie ever giving any indication she had any attraction to Ben. I'm not writing the script so this only my opinion. But based on their body language I think she absolutely did. The way she's looks at Ben is no different that she looks at Hal. Plus they shared these a few awkward gazes and silent moments. To me it just seem like it was something there.

I don't think we can just dismiss Ben's feelings for Maggie as nothing more than a crush. Under normal circumstance that would be more likely the case. Emotional Ben is mature well beyond his years. He's been through more than most of the characters. I think he really is in love with her and I think she'll reciprocate those feelings. If he's not in love with her the one person he can't hide that from is Maggie. I'm rooting for them.

I'm really excited about about Lexxi's story because it's so much conflict around it. Killing Lourdes made it impossible to come back to camp, no matter Tom says. To even suggest bringing her back will cause division between the Masons and everyone else. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
that'd be a great theory... save Maggie said something about being drawn to him I think earlier in the season before she got the spikes when they were still in the camp/compound/city thing
Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
that'd be a great theory... save Maggie said something about being drawn to him I think earlier in the season before she got the spikes when they were still in the camp/compound/city thing
No, she didn't.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Season 4 FS would be perhaps a little better if this season had a few details such as S1-S3 .
Tom doesn't seem to care about their own sons, he isn't interested in what they do and feel . or think.
In the first episodes I was very surprised that Ben and Maggie didn't leave Chinatown to look for Tom Hall, Matt and the rest of the group.
They don't even talk about Hal or Tom. Matt is no longer so attached to his brother (Ben) as in S1 and S2 (it was always sweet when Ben was so caring for Matt)
Even Pope is little changed. he remove Tom and Dan names?!
Hal so quick forgave Ben's this things with Maggie. Maybe in next season Maggie fall in love with Matt
This is no longer Falling Skies as we know and love S1-S3 was much better! I watched it with pleasure, everything was worked out, explained, without dumb Spielberg ideas about a trip to the moon,or Lexi God.
I hope that the last season will be better than 4.
I Waiting for next season just because I wants to see Ben, Pope, Weaver's story, but everything probably again will focus on Tom. which will be boring.

Last edited by drarry; 09-02-2014 at 12:23 PM
Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Falling Skies - Season 5 - Catalina Sandino Moreno to Recur | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread