Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Event S&S #1 - What's the event?

THE EVENT

SPOILERS & SPECULATION THREAD

DESCRIPTION

The Event is an emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Parenthood‘s Jason Ritter), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée, Leila (Sarah Roemer), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history. Sean’s quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including: newly elected U.S. President Martinez (Blair Underwood); Sophia (Laura Innes), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Sean’s shadowy father-in-law (Gilmore Girls‘ Scott Patterson). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind. Ian Anthony Dale (Daybreak) and Emmy winner Željko Ivanek (Damages) also star in the ensemble drama.

GENERAL SPOILERS

EPISODES

EPISODE 1.01:"Pilot"
AIRDATE:September 20, 2010
DIRECTOR:Jeffrey Reiner
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION: THE SERIES PREMIERES WITH A CONSPIRACY OF BOTH NATIONAL AND GLOBAL PROPORTIONS – Sean Walker (Jason Ritter), stumbles into a national conspiracy after his girlfriend Leila (Sarah Roemer) mysteriously disappears from a Caribbean cruise. Elsewhere, President Elias Martinez (Blair Underwood) is scheduled to announce the release of a group of detainees led by Sophia Maguire (Laura Innes) — despite the disapproval of his Director of National Intelligence, Blake Sterling (Željko Ivanek). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind. Scott Patterson, Ian Anthony Dale, Clifton Collins, Jr., Taylor Cole, Lisa Vidal and Bill Smitrovich also star in the ensemble drama. Tony Todd, Lauren Stamile, Julia Campbell, Gonzalo Menendez, Joseph C. Phillips, Casey Siemaszko, Omid Abtahi, Angel Desai, Wynn Everett, Michael Cummings, Lorena Segura York, and Wes Ramsey guest star.
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.02:"To Keep Us Safe"
AIRDATE:September 27, 2010
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:THE PRESIDENT'S STAFF GRAPPLES WITH A NEW REALITY -- D. B. SWEENEY AND HEATHER McCOMB GUEST STAR -- As the shockwave of the plane dissipates, President Martinez's (Blair Underwood) staff must work quickly to assess what happened and how to respond. Director of National Intelligence, Blake Sterling, (Željko Ivanek) locks down Sophia (Laura Innes) for interrogation. The conspiracy widens, engulfing FBI Agent Collier (guest star Heather McComb) and Carter (guest star D. B. Sweeney), a mercenary with questionable ties. Meanwhile, a shadowy figure, Thomas (Clifton Collins, Jr.), emerges with knowledge of the detainees and their plan. Jason Ritter, Sarah Roemer, Ian Anthony Dale, Scott Patterson, Taylor Cole, Lisa Vidal, and Bill Smitrovich also star. Michael Whaley, Angel Desai and Wes Ramsey guest star.
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.03:"Protect Them From The Truth"
AIREDATE: October 4, 2010
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:THE MYSTERY DEEPENS -- D. B. SWEENEY, CLEA DuVALL AND HEATHER McCOMB GUEST STAR -- President Martinez's (Blair Underwood) administration unveils a tough new strategy to force Sophia (Laura Innes) to reveal the detainees' plan, putting into play a new detainee, Maya (guest star Clea DuVall). Elsewhere, we learn that Vicky (Taylor Cole) and Carter (guest star D. B. Sweeney) are in possession of a crucial hostage. FBI Agent Collier's (guest star Heather McComb) suspicion grows deeper. Jason Ritter, Sarah Roemer, Željko Ivanek, Clifton Collins, Jr., Ian Anthony Dale, Scott Patterson, Taylor Cole, Lisa Vidal, and Bill Smitrovich also star. Michael Whaley, Omid Abtahi and Wes Ramsey guest star.
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.04: "A Matter of Life and Death"
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.05:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.06:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.07:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.08:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.09:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.10:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.11:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.12:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

EPISODE 1.13:
AIRDATE:
DIRECTOR:
WRITER:
DESCRIPTION:
SPOILERS:

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 09-21-2010 at 11:24 AM
Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this thread, Tara . I can't wait for some news about this show.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting this thread, Tara.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Tara.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
MST Manager

This show will be listed under my thread listing to monitor.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Comic-con schedule is being released and there will be a panel for the show there on June 24. Here is the details.

June 24

11:15-12:15 The Event: World-Premiere Pilot Screening and Q&A with Cast and Producers— Debuting on NBC this fall, the highly anticipated conspiracy thriller The Event follows an unlikely hero who gets entangled in one of the government's biggest cover-up operations that could ultimately change the fate of mankind. Be the first to watch the pilot episode. Moderated by E! News' Kristin Dos Santos, participate in a Q&A session with the cast: Jason Ritter (The Class), Blair Underwood (In Treatment), Laura Innes (ER), Sarah Roemer (Disturbia), Zeljko Ivanek (Damages), Ian Anthony Dale (Daybreak), and the producers: Evan Katz (24), Steve Stark (Medium), Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights), Nick Wauters (The 4400), and Jim Wong (The X-Files). Room 6A
Old 07-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the thread Tara. This show looks great.

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

Old 07-27-2010, 12:27 AM
SPA
Master Fan

Thank you for starting this Thread, Tara!
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Any news for the show yet?
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

THE EVENTâ€

“PILOTâ€

09/20/2010 (09:00PM – 10:00PM) (Monday) : THE SERIES PREMIERES WITH A CONSPIRACY OF BOTH NATIONAL AND GLOBAL PROPORTIONS – Sean Walker (Jason Ritter), stumbles into a national conspiracy after his girlfriend Leila (Sarah Roemer) mysteriously disappears from a Caribbean cruise. Elsewhere, President Elias Martinez (Blair Underwood) is scheduled to announce the release of a group of detainees led by Sophia Maguire (Laura Innes) — despite the disapproval of his Director of National Intelligence, Blake Sterling (Željko Ivanek). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind. Scott Patterson, Ian Anthony Dale, Clifton Collins, Jr., Taylor Cole, Lisa Vidal and Bill Smitrovich also star in the ensemble drama. Tony Todd, Lauren Stamile, Julia Campbell, Gonzalo Menendez, Joseph C. Phillips, Casey Siemaszko, Omid Abtahi, Angel Desai, Wynn Everett, Michael Cummings, Lorena Segura York, and Wes Ramsey guest star. Directed by: Jeffrey Reiner

Cast promo stills.

The Event - Season 1 - Cast Promotional Photos | Spoiler TV

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 09-03-2010 at 05:05 PM
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
MST Manager

Thanks, Tara.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Event - New Cast Promotional Photo | Spoiler TV