Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireK80 (View Post)
LOL, I actually liked Edith's new potential love interest a lot, he was so different from Gregson. I hope he will be back.

And I really really really don't understand why they're still going on with that silly Green Murder Mystery. It's so stupid to drag out the one storyline that nobody cares about. Also shouldn't both Anna and Bates be in the clear now?
Well to quote Gareth Neame again: "People enjoy that"

I wonder if he never reads any reviews or critics? Because then he would know that people really don't enjoy the stupid Bates' suffering!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
Well to quote Gareth Neame again: "People enjoy that"

I wonder if he never reads any reviews or critics? Because then he would know that people really don't enjoy the stupid Bates' suffering!
Exactly, no more Bates prison drama, it's already ridiculous enough that both of them were arrested for deaths they had nothing to do with.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Fan

They're dragging Green into the story AGAIN? That's my least favorite storyline this show has ever done and they just won't let it go, ugh.

Dame Maggie's publicist said today that she was misquoted and will be staying with the show until the end (which may be s6, of course).

Turns out Maggie Smith may not be leaving 'Downton Abbey' after all | EW.com
Old 03-03-2015, 06:21 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsticklullabies (View Post)
They're dragging Green into the story AGAIN? That's my least favorite storyline this show has ever done and they just won't let it go, ugh.

Dame Maggie's publicist said today that she was misquoted and will be staying with the show until the end (which may be s6, of course).

Turns out Maggie Smith may not be leaving 'Downton Abbey' after all | EW.com
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
[B]Question: There are rumors going around that the sixth season of Downton Abbey will be its last. Do you have any concrete scoop on this? —Kristen

Ausiello: The actors’ contracts expire at the end of Season 6 and, save for one or two possible exceptions, they want outta there (with Maggie Smith leading the charge). So, short of them being offered $1 million an episode, the show’s done after one more “series” (as they say across the pond).
‘Arrow’ Season 4: Damian Wayne Being Introduced as Oliver’s Foe? | TVLine
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Turns out the Anthony Hopkins rumor can be put to rest. He was only filming for another film or series at Ealing studios and that was the reason he was on the picture with Leslie Nichols. Here's a still of him from the filming and he is wearing the same outfit that he wears in the picture with "Mrs Patmore".

Downton has been spotted filming on a farm today:

The man on the left: Could it be Tim Drewe?

About the Maggie rumors: ITV has now announced that she was just kidding in the interview and that it's not true that she will leave the show after S6. (And who's read the interview would have known that, but of course the headlines were misleading.)
Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Turns out the Anthony Hopkins rumor can be put to rest. He was only filming for another film or series at Ealing studios and that was the reason he was on the picture with Leslie Nichols. Here's a still of him from the filming and he is wearing the same outfit that he wears in the picture with "Mrs Patmore".

Downton has been spotted filming on a farm today:

About the Maggie rumors: ITV has now announced that she was just kidding in the interview and that it's not true that she will leave the show after S6. (And who's read the interview would have known that, but of course the headlines were misleading.)
Thanks.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thanks.

Yes, I think it is he. Oh dear god! I mean, I used to like him, but this can only mean more tedious Edith shaming/ angst drama. (Note to self: Don't visit that spiteful place...)

Too bad about Anthony hopkins, but let's face it (and please don't kill me), it would have been a step down for him...

Quote:
Sorry to say, but I really can't stand Gareth Neame. He is the total Mary stan and no other character exists for him except maybe Chelsie. Other than that he just doesn't care. So it is totally typical to be dismissive of Edith's potential love interest or of Tom Branson leaving. In his mind this is just not interesting. He only cares about Mary anyway.
Yeah...

I wonder where all these people are who supposedly like the Greene story, and the endless Edith/ Marigold drama? I'm reading tons of reviews, recaps, comments, forums... And NO ONE likes the 'murder mystery'. (Which is NOT about the rape, if it ever was!) And most people don't like Edith being constantly miserable or slammed by Mary (even if they don't care much for Edith or generally like Mary.)

Quote:
LOL, I actually liked Edith's new potential love interest a lot, he was so different from Gregson. I hope he will be back.
So did I. He seemed nice, easy-going - so he's not ambitious nor does he have a title or a snappy chariot - so what?!

But I agree with Andorra that he will probably take Tom's job, will fail miserably and so it's Tom to the rescue... Cue Edith sadness!

Last edited by Mindwalker; 03-04-2015 at 12:12 PM
Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwalker (View Post)
Thanks.

Yes, I think it is he. Oh dear god! I mean, I used to like him, but this can only mean more tedious Edith shaming/ angst drama. (Note to self: Don't visit that spiteful place...)

Too bad about Anthony hopkins, but let's face it (and please don't kill me), it would have been a step down for him...

Yeah...

I wonder where all these people are who supposedly like the Greene story, and the endless Edith/ Marigold drama? I'm reading tons of reviews, recaps, comments, forums... And NO ONE likes the 'murder mystery'. (Which is NOT about the rape, if it ever was!) And most people don't like Edith being constantly miserable or slammed by Mary (even if they don't care much for Edith or generally like Mary.)

So did I. He seemed nice, easy-going - so he's not ambitious nor does he have a title or a snappy chariot - so what?!

But I agree with Andorra that he will probably take Tom's job, will fail miserably and so it's Tom to the rescue... Cue Edith sadness!
Poor Edith. .
Old 03-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Matthew Goode is back in NYC. He was at the Cinderella Premiere.
Lily James: Cinderella Tribeca Grand Screening | NativeNYker's Rants, Thoughts & Merde -grand-screening/

Downton will be filming in Ealing this week (we know that because of the visit of the Duchess of Cambridge). Hopefully we'll get some pics form the Duchess' visit.

Filming for Episode 3 and 4 should start next week, if they stick to their usual 5 week schedule.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:02 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Matthew Goode is back in NYC. He was at the Cinderella Premiere.
Lily James: Cinderella Tribeca Grand Screening | NativeNYker's Rants, Thoughts & Merde -grand-screening/

Downton will be filming in Ealing this week (we know that because of the visit of the Duchess of Cambridge). Hopefully we'll get some pics form the Duchess' visit.

Filming for Episode 3 and 4 should start next week, if they stick to their usual 5 week schedule.
Thanks.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lots of pics from Kate Middleton's visit to the DA set!

Kate Middleton Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
Old 03-12-2015, 07:37 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Very depressing. No Tom, no Sybbie.

They even brought the children to the set and Maggie Smith was officially excused, because she was ill.

It brought home that Allen is no longer a member of the main cast and I'm incredibly sad.

And sick of the secrecy. Either tell us he's gone for good or tell us he will be back! I can't bear 5 months of hoping just to see my hopes crushed in the end.

I will turn my back on the show for a while. I'm just so tired of it all.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread