Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_em (View Post)
But in that case, who would take his job, Bates is in jail, and come on it can't be Thomas ...
Normally I'd say Moseley but since he'll most likely stay with Mary and Matthew when they get married he'd be ruled out.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
New Fan

I had a brief thought that something might happen to Mrs Hughes, especially when I read about Anna moving up to a more senior position.

But I think Carson is a decent guess. If anything happened to him, the family could promote someone to take his place as butler, or they could hire someone new.

The loss of Carson would be a blow to many, to Mrs Hughes and the Crawleys, especially Mary and I think Robert too, and to the house in general.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
New Fan

the death could be Bates. I would honestly hate that story line, but it would be a plausible one.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmmm. Mrs. Hughes would shake up the house hierarchy but I don't think it would have much dramatic impact. Of course, neither did William.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

I mainly thought from the foreshadowing aspect. I mean, even Violet didn't get sick. Another prospect from the sick category is obviously Cora as she had the Spanish flu. If that's the case, I wonder if she will find out about Jane?

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Joanne Froggatt: Downton Abbey Star Getting Married in Real Life : People.com

Not much of a spoiler, but apparently Anna moves up into a more senior position in the house. Hmmm. Does that mean she becomes Mary's ladies maid?
Thanks for posting it anyway.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I mainly thought from the foreshadowing aspect. I mean, even Violet didn't get sick. Another prospect from the sick category is obviously Cora as she had the Spanish flu. If that's the case, I wonder if she will find out about Jane?
What's to tell, though, really? They made out a little. And no one knows.

I had heard rumors of Cora, though.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Good point about Carson. I hadn't even thought of him getting sick in 2.02 being foreshadowing, but that makes a lot of sense. Was that supposed to be a heart attack that he had? I thought it was but I can't remember if they flat-out said that, haven't rewatched that episode in a while.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

They actualy said that it wasn't a heart attack, but I don't recall what type of attack it was.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow, I finally found the spoilers thread!

That'd be awesome if Anna moves up!

I never thought about Carson and foreshadowing, but now that you guys discuss it, it makes a lot of sense...

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to have you here at Spoilers, Goldenrose!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm happy with a DA spoilers thread, I love discussing spoilers and possible SL's!

About the death: I can't see them killing off Matthew, it would bring them back to the pilot b/c Robert would be without an heir again and I really can't see them doing that.

I can see them killing off Robert (I would hate it), the timing would depend on the fact if there would be a season 4.

I surely hope they won't kill Violet! I LOVE her! But she could be a possibility due to her age, the same goes for Matthews mother.

About Anna getting a more senior position: I think she'll be ladiesmaid to Mary. Or maybe that's just wishfull thinking on my part b/c I also don't want them to kill mrs Hughes

Last edited by EmmaSophia; 07-13-2012 at 04:12 PM
Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I was thinking about Bates, Anna and Tom filming at that prison in Lincoln.

Didn't they say in the CS that Bates would be sent to a London prison before his trial? So if Tom is there, maybe the Bransons have in fact moved to London, at least for a while. That would explain Tom going there with Anna.

Of course it's possible that Allen was filming some other, unrelated prison scene there. But I think it's much more likely to be Bates-related.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaSophia (View Post)
I'm happy with a DA spoilers thread, I love discussing spoilers and possible SL's!
And I'm more than ready to read them
Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenrose (View Post)
Wow, I finally found the spoilers thread!
Glad you found your way here to us here at Spoilers.