Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Radio Times said no sooner than maybe July.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathren (View Post)
same here - and yet everyone I think of is probably too old already. Ferguson said he would like to see Rupert Grint as the next doctor, but I'm undecided whether I like that idea or not ;-)
After all the fuss about (when the doctor changes into the next incarnation) if he's Ginger or not, It would be nice if the next Doctor is indeed Ginger.

BTW ... I wonder if the next Doctor is actually the one who sees River off to the Library or not?

I remember in that episode, the one where we were introduced to River Song via the 10th Doctor, she told the 10th Doctor, how he showed up with a new haircut, and a new suit and such ... to send her off on that mission to the Library ... I kind of got the impression, she meant that he was a different incarnation when that happened, especially since she told the 10th Doctor, she had never seen him so "Young" before, not to mention we've yet to see the new improved screwdriver that the 10th Doctor used, that was given to River by a future incarnation of himself.

Timeline of River Song

In the Name of the Doctor as well, River also gave the impression that she and the Doctor would meet up again, and not with her being just a Ghost so to speak either.

Knowing Doctor Who as well, and the fact that River is the love of his life, his Soulmate if you will, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere they figure out a way to recover River from the Library somehow.

I also wouldn't be surprise (though it might be just a ship for me that is) if it turns out that Susan Forman isn't really the Doctor's Grandaughter, but is instead, his Daughter with River Song, that of course he didn't know that when Susan first came to live with him.

I'd like to think that Susan was the reason why he starting down the path of protecting Earth and Humans, because he thought she was his Grandaughter, yet at the time she was presented to him, he wasn't married and didn't have any children.

The Fact that Susan would be half human, and STILL a time lord, would intregue him, and perhaps cause him to age himself for his first incarnation to fit the role of Grandfather, and send him down the road to find his wife and the 'child' of his would would become the parent of Susan (only to find out in the end, that Susan was all along his child with River and how he couldn't raise Susan as his current incarnation, because of some danger to Susan, if he did so).

Speaking of Rory ... here are some really cool Vids that I don't think many have seen ... and also this petition here, to have the storyboard actually filmed:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/d...ould-be-filmed

Last edited by CincyLady; 06-04-2013 at 08:00 PM
CincyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all that!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyLady (View Post)
I remember in that episode, the one where we were introduced to River Song via the 10th Doctor, she told the 10th Doctor, how he showed up with a new haircut, and a new suit and such ... to send her off on that mission to the Library ... I kind of got the impression, she meant that he was a different incarnation when that happened, especially since she told the 10th Doctor, she had never seen him so "Young" before, not to mention we've yet to see the new improved screwdriver that the 10th Doctor used, that was given to River by a future incarnation of himself.
In the Name of the Doctor as well, River also gave the impression that she and the Doctor would meet up again, and not with her being just a Ghost so to speak either.

Knowing Doctor Who as well, and the fact that River is the love of his life, his Soulmate if you will, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere they figure out a way to recover River from the Library somehow.
This last meeting was actually shown in the mini episode "Last Night"(link). It was a DVD special feature. Rivers return is an interesting topic. I think that she gave that impression to comfort the Doctor more than to predict the future. I love her character but if she keeps returning it will become like what happened with Rose where she just keeps coming back untill we will never take her ending seriously. In Doctor Who everything must end and change to keep the show new and exciting. It would be nice to see her in a flashback or 2 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyLady (View Post)
I also wouldn't be surprise (though it might be just a ship for me that is) if it turns out that Susan Forman isn't really the Doctor's Grandaughter, but is instead, his Daughter with River Song, that of course he didn't know that when Susan first came to live with him.

I'd like to think that Susan was the reason why he starting down the path of protecting Earth and Humans, because he thought she was his Grandaughter, yet at the time she was presented to him, he wasn't married and didn't have any children.

The Fact that Susan would be half human, and STILL a time lord, would intregue him, and perhaps cause him to age himself for his first incarnation to fit the role of Grandfather, and send him down the road to find his wife and the 'child' of his would would become the parent of Susan (only to find out in the end, that Susan was all along his child with River and how he couldn't raise Susan as his current incarnation, because of some danger to Susan, if he did so).
I like the idea of Susans return. And It would explain a lot about really the whole history of Doctor Who. The reason the Doctor first came to earth was because Susan wanted to go to school there. He retuned so often because his compaions often came there and needed to go back. This I believe is why he is so drawn to earth.

With River being Susans mother or even grandmother. I think this idea would have been great and I would have loved to see this idea developed futher. I dont think it is appropriate however after the final scene in The Name of the Doctor.

After the final episode aired I wrote a fair amount expaining the episode and some theorys. This is a section of what I wrote on the speculation of who is John Hurt's Doctor.
Quote:
For the purpose of this I am going to explore 4 different theories. (One thing that is possible in all 4 though is the fact that Hurts Doctor (given he was portrayed as dark and evil) may have been the cause of the army built to kill the Doctor in "A good Man goes to war".)

1. Theory of Future Regeneration
2. The 8th Doctor Theory
3. The Real 9th Doctor
4. The Other Theory

Theory of Future Regeneration: This theory says that Hurt is the Doctors next regeneration. At the bottom of this page you will find the script for the last few seconds of the episode in which Hurt appeared and it’s clearly talking about an event that happened in the past. Also the Doctor recognises Hurts Doctor immediately making this an unlikely conclusion as cool as it would be. As to how Hurt recognised the 11th Doctor he could have realized at the start of the scene and that being the reason he did not turn around till he knew his future self had gone.

The 8th Doctor Theory: This theory speculates that Hurt plays an older version of the 8th Doctor

The Real 9th Doctor: This is the most commonly accepted theory of who Hurts Doctor really is. It says that during the Time War the Doctor regenerated into the Hurt Doctor before the Eccleston Doctor. Pushing all the new series Doctors back one place so that they would be 10, 11, 12 instead of 9, 10, 11. Because of what the Hurt Doctor had done the Doctor denied that he was ever that person and took on yet another new face. This could explain the anger and rage the Doctor felt at the start of the new series as anger at himself rather than basically everything around him. The largest problem that this poses is this would mean the Doctor would have only one regeneration left however the 12 regeneration rule was always due more to Timelord law than biology and it was stated in "The Sarah Jane Adventures" that a Timelord could actually regenerate 507 times. We also dont know exactly what happened when River gave he remaining regenerations to save the Doctor. This could be used to give the Doctor more regenerations.

The Other Theory: My personal favourite. Probably because it’s the most complicated and involves the Doctors past before the TV show began. To understand the Theory you must first know about the Other. Timelord Society was founded by 3 Timelords. Rassilon, Omega and The Other. Both Rassilon and Omega have been explored throughout the classic and new series but almost nothing is ever said about the Other. Basically everything about him is unknown. It was the plan in the classic series for season 28 to make the Doctor a later version of the Other who ran away from Gallifrey. But because the show was cancelled at season 26 the idea was never explored more than that. My theory was that Moffat would explore the dark side of the Doctor through the character of the Other. Because so little is known, he could really go anywhere with this character and giving the Doctor such dark origins would be a great way to add to the show and provide an explanation of why the Doctor left Gallifrey in the first place. As for the Time War, which I’m pretty sure is why the Doctor is so angry at the Hurt Doctor, I mean he did commit genocide… twice. I think that the Doctor being the Other would be something more than just Timelord. Although I don’t think that the Doctor would have regenerated into the Other during the Time War but he may have taken on his morals. The Other was probably a side of him that he had repressed for so many years and that he was ashamed to ever have to become again. This would also explain why the Doctor feels such a strong sense of duty to the universe. To make up for his past deeds. For more on the Other go to this link. The Other - Tardis Data Core, the Doctor Who Wiki
Additional: If The Other theory is correct then technically it is possible for all the other theorys to be correct too.

End Scene Transcript
Clara: Who's that?
Doctor: Never mind. Let’s get back.
Clara: But who is he
Doctor: He's me, there's only me here that's the point. Now get back
Clara : But I never saw that one I saw all of you 11 faces all of them you. You’re the 11th Doctor
Doctor: I said he was me. I never said he was the Doctor
Clara: I don't understand
Doctor: My name my real name. That is not the point the name I choose is the doctor the name you chose it’s like a promise you make he's the one who broke the promise he is my secret
Hurt: What I did, I did without choice
Doctor: I know
Hurt: In the name of piece and sanity
Doctor: But not in the name of the Doctor

Another interesting piece of speculation: If you remember the TARDIS FELL down to Trenzalore and if we think back to our previous prophecy we may notice a connection. "On the fields of Trenzalore at the FALL OF THE ELEVENTH…" Also interesting to note that the crack in the window of the TARDIS also appeared on the giant TARDIS leading me to believe that the events causing the apparent death of the TARDIS occurred not long after the end of this episode.
Bowtiesarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Peter Capaldi is going to be the new Doctor.

Humbugged1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Capaldi was awesome in everything i saw him and i think he'll do great, but sadly, i'm not sure this return to a "old" doctor is going to go well with the peeps who knew and loved the show with Tennant and Smith who were, you know, the young and handsome doctore lol.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
Capaldi was awesome in everything i saw him and i think he'll do great, but sadly, i'm not sure this return to a "old" doctor is going to go well with the peeps who knew and loved the show with Tennant and Smith who were, you know, the young and handsome doctore lol.

Maybe he can have Jamie from The Thick of It As his Companion?

They would have to clean the language up a smidgeon though .
Humbugged1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My only reservation is that he has been on the show before and I really don't like that they reuse actors in this way. I find it extremely noticeable. I get over it because I love the show, but it's really annoying.

Aside from that, I'm glad it's someone that has a love for the show. I feel that that is important, and I'm curious as to the dynamic he will have with Clara. I don't like that some people are willing to write off an older doctor, because I think it could be a great move.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

WE HAVE A NEW DOCTOR WHO
I love him already. So excited.

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bummer that we have to wait until the end of the year for the next new episode.
CincyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Poster for the 50th anniversary episode.

Episode will last 75 minutes.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Nice!
and when we get together