Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

when does the next season start? and yeah long breaks.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Elite Fan

Next season will be next year.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg such a long wait!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought that after all these years and having lived 2 regenerations, i would be cool with Smith's departure.....but no, i was crushed when i heard the news .

He's a brillant actor, who has the potential to really be a big star, so i wish him the best.

As usual, the next actor to play the doctor will have hugs boots to fill.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Matt
I knew that he had to leave soon but I always thought that he'd stick around for one more season

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was expecting one more season too. I'm sad, but kind of excited at the same time.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonxnavade (View Post)
when does the next season start? and yeah long breaks.
We will have the remainder of this season, beginning in November. I think it will still be considered series/season 7.

I wonder if John Huston will be the next doctor? I also wonder what they will do with the limitation that Time lords, who with the exception of Murdering, or a special dispenstation by other Time lords (which there are no more to do that, since they were all lost in the time war) can only have a total of 12 incarnations (13 if you include the first one maybe?).

Some are speculating that this might be the end of the run for Doctor who.

I wonder though ... if what River gave him, when she sacrificed her remaining incarations, will allow him to have more than 12 incarnations?

Last edited by CincyLady; 06-02-2013 at 06:17 PM
CincyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not sure the specials are considered part of any season (aside from The Snowmen, which aired mid season). They fit in chronologically but I think that's it. The next season, as far as we know, starts next year (Jenna said they're not filming until September, but that could have changed)

I don't think they'll see the Christmas special as the start of the season because of the regeneration, which is usually an end of season or specials thing.

The 50th I assume isn't a part of either season, as it's a celebration

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Loyal Fan

So i'm still a bit sad that Matt's leaving, but all the speculations about the next doctor are starting to get me excited lol.

I actually think they should go for an unknown or lesser known actor (either up and coming or overlooked). After all, that's how we got the amazing Matt Smith ah ah.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm excited for the new Doctor.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I'm not sure the specials are considered part of any season (aside from The Snowmen, which aired mid season). They fit in chronologically but I think that's it. The next season, as far as we know, starts next year (Jenna said they're not filming until September, but that could have changed)

I don't think they'll see the Christmas special as the start of the season because of the regeneration, which is usually an end of season or specials thing.

The 50th I assume isn't a part of either season, as it's a celebration
The thing is though, I'm pretty sure that the name of the doctor at the end, it said they were returning in November 2013, across the screen.

That said, you could be right and it could be the 50th Anniversary Special only.

From Wikipedia (the link above) ...

Quote:
Plot [edit]

The Zygons, Daleks, and Cybermen, amongst other aliens, will feature in some way and the Tenth Doctor and Rose will return, alongside the Eleventh Doctor and Clara.[15][14] Matt Smith teased the word 'paintings' when discussing the special on an episode of The Jonathan Ross Show[16].
CincyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer93 (View Post)
So i'm still a bit sad that Matt's leaving, but all the speculations about the next doctor are starting to get me excited lol.
same here - and yet everyone I think of is probably too old already. Ferguson said he would like to see Rupert Grint as the next doctor, but I'm undecided whether I like that idea or not ;-)
Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Loyal Fan

It's kind of funny that a lot of the actors "in contention" for the role are seen as too old........when Matt was (unfairly) slammed at the beginning for being too young .
Old 06-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
The thing is though, I'm pretty sure that the name of the doctor at the end, it said they were returning in November 2013, across the screen.

That said, you could be right and it could be the 50th Anniversary Special only.
I am 99.9% sure that November is the anniverary special only. They were referring to the special and not the next season when they said returning in November, and honestly, that is a good thing, I want the anniversary to standalone, it's a celebration, I don't think it would be right for it to be a part of a season.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I read somewhere that the new doctor will be announced soon.

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread