Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rooney Babe:
<STRONG>I don't think that the Breakfest Club and Take on Me won't be the same. I think that it will have certain elements, like the couples, but I don't think that they will have Hazel give Ellie a make-over or having them dancing because Ellie has her own style and I don't think shes the type of person who would just leave her style for a Saturday Afternoon for a brand new look, get what I mean? Also, I don't really see everyone dancing, More as Hazel and Jimmy dacning and maybe meanwhile, Ellie and Sean are getting along and getting to know each other more, the same with Hazel and Jimmy while they are dancing.
[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Rooney Babe ]</STRONG>
It's like you are stalking my mind. I was gonna say the same thing. I, too, think Ellie is way to much of an individual to let Hazel make her over. It would be cool to see them dance...Toby dancing hahaha.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah8:
<STRONG>It's like you are stalking my mind. I was gonna say the same thing. I, too, think Ellie is way to much of an individual to let Hazel make her over. It would be cool to see them dance...Toby dancing hahaha.</STRONG>
WHO TOLD YOU THIS?! I am NOT a stalker. -looks around cautiously- I SWEAR!
Old 02-12-2004, 07:06 PM
New Fan

there is a degrassi marathon on tonight..*no its not the i heart marathon*
Old 02-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I heard that TOM is like the Breakfast Club except the couples are different. Because otherwise Jimmy (jock) would being going out with Ellie (misfit). And Hazel (princess) would go out with Sean (bad boy). I just can't see those couples at all.

[Nathan/Haley] [Jim/Pam] [Matt/Julie]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:29 PM
New Fan

I just want to say I was kinda disappointed with Accidents will happen. I kinda wished they would have had a longer, deeper, discussion btw Manny and Craig when she decided to tell him about her getting an abortion. I agree with whoever said that it seemed kind of rushed.

For those of you who are talking about Hazel and Jimmy having sex, it could be interesting. I'm not sure how religious Hazel is, but I do know its against her religion (Islam) to have pre-marital sex. I know it probably is a sin in Christianity too, but Islam tends to be very strict.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's the only downside to Degrassi being a 1/2 hour show. They tend to ONLY cover the topic and sometimes it gets rushed too. For example, in the Paige being raped one I really wanted to know how other people dealt with the news. I want to know how ALL the characters are doing every episode.

Especially JT...

Old 02-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

i think hazel is gonna get in a fight with ellie or she is gonna skip class. that is how i think sh ewill get detention

"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase" -Evanescence
Old 02-12-2004, 08:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I already provided the definition for Pro-Choice. All it means is that you think abortion should be legal, okay?

And Emma did stick up for Manny. When Craig was getting mad at Manny for deciding to have an abortion, Emma said, "I agree with you [that Manny shouldn't have an abortion]! And if she was some stranger, I would be furious at her! ...But it's her body, her decision."

She supported Manny's RIGHT to have an abortion, but not her decision.
Being pro-choice also means that you support women making their own choices, otherwise why would you be okay with it being legal? Pro-choice (in broad terms using the whole "the personal is political" model) is about supporting those who make any choice. When Emma said she would be furious at Manny if she was just some stranger leads one to think that she isn't as pro-choice as we (based on the feminist nature of the Emma character) would think. If she were truly a full on pro-choice feminist she wouldn't be angry at all (she might disagree with the woman, but not to the point of being furious), reolizing that the decsion to have an abortion is completly the woman in questions decsion and she has the freedom to do it. Personally I know not one pro-choice person who would be furious if some starnger had an abortion. They would understand that it is not thier right to be angry because it is not thier body it is affecting. When I talk about how I wanted Emma to be there more for Manny I am refrencing how after Emma stood up for her to Craig Manny tried to thank her and Emma just walked away. Do you think Emma would have reacted that way if Craig had been trying to talk Manny into an abortion instead of out of one? I just really am sad to see Emma not standing by Manny in the same way she would have had Manny kept the baby. I feel so bad for Manny right now because she doesn't seem to have anyone to lean on for support (of friends) like she would have had she remained pregnant. But, like I said before everyone will interpret these episodes in thier own ways and have thier own opinions. Which makes conversations so interesting. How boring if everyone saw everything the same way. So, do you think Emma and Manny's friendship will be stronger because of this or will it go back to the way it was?

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited hockeygrl ]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Can everyone please stop arguing about the definition of Pro-choice or Pro-life? You each have your own ideas and I truly beleive that each of them are correct in their own ways, but just because there are a difference in them, I don't think we need to change each others personal definitions, truly intentional or not.
I agree. It's one of those things that are so personal that you will never change someone's mind unless something happens to them to change it for themselves. Since the two of us who are having the conversation are both pro-choice I guess it is just what we each interpret our own stances to be. I won't post anymore on that spacific aspect of the conversation anymore. I don't mean to offend anyone.
Quote:
P.S. Sixteen Candles beats every other 80's movie out of the water...
This I totally agree with. No different views or various way of looking at that. 16 Candles is the best!! Whenever I flip by it on tv I have to stop and watch it, no matter what else is on [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dasani2002:
<STRONG>For those of you who are talking about Hazel and Jimmy having sex, it could be interesting. I'm not sure how religious Hazel is, but I do know its against her religion (Islam) to have pre-marital sex. I know it probably is a sin in Christianity too, but Islam tends to be very strict.</STRONG>
I wasn't even thinking about Hazel's religion when I was thinking about Hazel and Jimmy being a couple who could eventually deal with sex. Good point. Hmmm... it'd be interesting if they went into the subject.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
New Fan

so last i checked (evening today) there is still no confirmation of season 4. can someone tell me when the exec said they'd know by? i'm getting nervous. there is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be another season, but, i'm still sweatin'... i gotta see my shemma, and i don't suppose that will happen this season. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zerocharismo:
<STRONG>so last i checked (evening today) there is still no confirmation of season 4. can someone tell me when the exec said they'd know by? i'm getting nervous. there is absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be another season, but, i'm still sweatin'... i gotta see my shemma, and i don't suppose that will happen this season. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I think the Exec said they were suppose to hear something in the next few days, if I'm not mistaken...
Old 02-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

If they didn't sign on Degrassi for a Season 4 I would cry for like a week. I don't see why they wouldn't sign for it again. It's got a solid mainstream following in Canada (from what I hear) and a huge cult following here in the U.S. I keep meeting more and more Degrassi freaks at school. It's great. Oh please don't kill Degrassi....!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Exec said on degrassi.tv that this weeks episode had the highest ratings so far... I think there will be a Season 4. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Penny Lane for the recap!!

I think it would be interesting to see Jimmy and Hazel deal with sex. We know that Hazel is Muslem, but I haven't seen anything to make me think she is strict. Her parents might be though, that would make her having sex interesting because her and Jimmy would have to be careful about it. With Emma and Sean, I can totally see her like asking her mom before she does anything. Maybe not telling her she will do it, but asking her opinions on it.

Exec told us last week we might know as early as this past tuesday. He never said a date as the latest time we'd hear. Hopefully tomorrow! If I were Mr. Stohn, I would die if I had to wait until next weekend. I mean we are stressed about it, but this is what he and Ms. Linda do for a living! Along with bunches of other people! (ok.. so Exec has several other jobs too, but he obviously spends a ton of time working with Degrassi) *crosses fingers and prays for news to come quick* Of course, CTV would be stupid not to order it again! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread