Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

How does everyone know that TOM is going to be exactly like The Breakfast Club?? Did the Executive Producer post and say it was going to be... or is everyone just assuming? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited ChicanaStyle ]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:08 PM
New Fan

I'm just assuming since the stuff I've heard leads me to think it will be like the movie. I don't know about anyone else though, maybe I just missed something.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hockeygrl:
<STRONG>I'm just assuming since the stuff I've heard leads me to think it will be like the movie. I don't know about anyone else though, maybe I just missed something.</STRONG>
I think we are just assuming because of what we have heard. The characters fit, the plot fits, and the writers are 80s junkies. But, The stuff that happens in the episode might not be like the movie, we don't know yet. We do know the couples come out different, don't they??
Old 02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
New Fan

I think TOM is going to be a good eppy. It'll be nice to see diff kids bond. ::restrains self:: sean and ellie yay! ok sorry. haha yes, when is rick going to go away? jerk. Ter needs someone sweet, bc shes one of the nicest characters on the show (if not THE). Hmm, im having ppl over for a belated bday party friday..maybe i should rent the breakfast club? i've seen most of it but not the beginning i don't believe.

Alrighty well not much to say. I'm out...
Old 02-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

i am excited to hear what happens the rest of the season

"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase" -Evanescence
Old 02-11-2004, 11:14 PM
New Fan

The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles (my personal favorite), Pretty In Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science (all John Hughes movies) are totally worth the rent. They are classics. Perfect 80's teen flicks. I highly reccomend them.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:36 PM
New Fan

Delurking to add Some Kind of Wonderful to the superb list of teen centered John Hughes films. Many of his other films (She's Having a Baby, Planes, Trains & Automobiles) are good too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 12:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eviey:
<STRONG>Delurking to add Some Kind of Wonderful to the superb list of teen centered John Hughes films.</STRONG>
Oh, man! Some Kind of Wonderful is the best! I love that movie so much. I still have a crush on Eric Stoltz's character. Not a Degrassi related post, but still good stuff.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pennylane594:
<STRONG>
Not a Degrassi related post, but still good stuff.</STRONG>
We have been straying from the straight and narrow spoilers path a lot lately. I think for a while it was b/c the specing was out of control and driving us crazy. Now it is because we just talk too much!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
to add something Degrassi to this post: Do you think we will see more of Towerz AKA Random Black Guy(RBG)? The dude has a live journal community now.. isn't that sad?? They just don't know that he isn't random. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 02:29 AM
New Fan

MAN! I'm never leaving this board for a week again! It took me like an hour ro read thru everything! *lol* Anyways, thanks to everyone who posted re-caps and journal entries (you saved me loads of time) I just wish I could have seen AWH2 before it was taken off. I'm going to do a sweep of the internet 2morrow... well laster 2day to see if I can find it anywhere. I'm so glad Liberty got herself a mn... hopefully they will date b/c Liberty needs some action!

O.T.T- Weird Science is my 2nd fav. 80's movie... Legend of Billie Jean wins by a land slide. lol. My fav. part of Weird Science is when they are in the bar. Gary CRACKS my **** up in that scene. I also like after they leave the bar and Gary is drunk in the back seat and he says "gimmie da keys. gimmie da keys."
Old 02-12-2004, 03:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Legend of Billie Jean wins by a land slide.
That movie rocks! I saw it on tv a couple of weeks ago at like 2 in the morning and totally remembered why I love that flick. I tried to convince my cusin that her and I should go and each get t-shirts that said 'Run Billie Jean'. She refused LOL. I gotta say though, you can't beat 16 Candles... I still have a crush on Jake Ryan. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

ellie's journal...

things going a bit more ok sorta
02/12/2004

« PREVIOUS | NEXT »

why is it that i always get this feeling of dread every time i sit down to ramble on about myself in my journal? i really can't stand talking about myself in general and this is just like talking about myself to myself. the only thing i hate more than talking about myself is listening to myself... it's like shut up, el.
anyway, might as well rip the band-aid off fast and get it over with...
i guess i am starting to get "better" if that's what you can call it. i still don't know what exactly was going on in my head that made me start to cut... our counselor says it's all about being able to control the pain you're feeling in the only way you can. i'm telling you it was no fun at first when i had to talk to her. i just wanted her to tell me how to sort out all the crap in my life but all she wanted was for me to talk to her. it was so awkward at first. it wasn't that i didn't want to tell her anything...i just honestly didn't know what to say. i think the third or fourth time i met with her i finally started to talk about how i didn't know what to talk about - and weirdly things sort of got going from there. every so often i still get these cravings to feel it but i'm on elastic therapy - snap an elastic against your wrist instead of cutting again... i'm such a conformist!! he he
other than that... i'm pretty psyched about something I thought about "pitching" (that's what they call telling someone your ideas in journalism) to Caitlin for my co-op job. She's SO cool to work with and she's always on my case to come up with story ideas of my own, so if i show i know what journalism is all about they might keep me on to work on her TV show after school's over. so the thing is that there's some really strange things going on at school and it's sort of a big mystery about who is behind it all. my plan is to find out, even if i have to be slightly devious about it. that's all i'll say for now...

What do you think the things are???
Old 02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I LOVED Jake Ryan - He was so hot!

I know 'Rock-n-Roll High School' is a Ramones song but I am pretty sure it was also an 80's movie. I think Corey Feldman was in it and if I remember correclty, there was a battle of the bands or it had something to do with bands.

If TOM follows the same story line at The Breakfast Club then maybe RNRHS will follow the movie's story line - or be similar to it.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurenc9:
<STRONG>ellie's journal...

there's some really strange things going on at school and it's sort of a big mystery about who is behind it all. my plan is to find out, even if i have to be slightly devious about it. that's all i'll say for now...

What do you think the things are???</STRONG>
Wasn't it said that things started getting stolen and Emma was out to prove it was Sean and his friends or something? Maybe she is refering to the same thing.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hockeygrl:
[QB]
However, being pro-choice doesn't mean you are pro-abortion, it means you want a choice.
That is EXACTLY my point. Emma is Pro-Choice, but Anti-Abortion, meaning she wants abortion to be legal, but she doesn't support it.

Quote:
"I think everyone with a mind would like to see a time when abortions did not have to happen. Sadly, we are not there yet and people who do not want to have children do get pregnant. Abortion has become a socio-political subject (although highly personal) so being pro-choice is something that is socio-political. Being pro-choice doesn't mean you would eve have an abortion, it just means that you don't want someone to tell you you couldn't have one, just as you wouldn't want someone to tell you that you had to have one."
Again, exactly my point.

"I'm sorry if my use of 'anti-choice' offends you, however I am of the belief that the pro-life term doesn't fit. By labeling the two sides pro-life and pro-choice it sounds as if one is for life and the other is against it, when the only thing either group is against is choice."

I disagree. When you say Pro-Choice is a very positive term. Pro-Life is as well. I feel they are balanced. I think it would be unfair to make one a positive term and the other a negative. FYI, I'm Pro-Choice.

'O Ms Kwan
Your hair, kissed by the wind
Your lips, kissed by me.
Spinner Mason.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread