Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Hope miles get his a own plot and I want Connor to have his storyline ! I hope the friendship devolepts in season 14 with Maya and Zoe
Old 07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

While I actually enjoyed this episode and thought it to be one of the seasons best, who else got Fanfiction vibes from it? It all just seemed too set up and cliche. That's normal for Degrassi, but there was a lot in this episode were it was overload. Miles finally returning Tristan's romantic feelings, Eli confessing his lingered feelings towards Clare while the NY backround seemed romantic, Drew and Becky almost tragically dying together like Romeo and Juliet or something. I seriously feel like a super fan helped co-write this episode bc even the supporting characters acted like pawns. (Ali with Clare, Chewy with Miles, Dallas with Drew) While this happens a lot within this show, it happend so much in this single episode were it felt sorta bizare, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. If Clares baby daddy ends up being Eli I will scream. It's not that I'm a Clew shipper, but out of the two, Drew is the more realistic option as they had just previously had sex.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really would like the baby to be born. I don't think it'll happen (Clare graduates soon). GOD I hope they don't draw out this dad thing with Eli and Drew. What I mean is that the writers could have someone from either of the families suggest naming the baby Adam. If it's Drew's, it'd be like Adam Torres Jr. (named after the uncle and Audra would feel less upset about the pregnancy maybe). Eli's would just be Adam Goldsworthy.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the only couple they haven't done on this show is zaya. they bore me now. and agreed with lasha. other than zoemund, there's nothing exciting about next season. I hope that half topless zig is for zoe. please please please.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Updated the opening post, with all the Season 13 stuff gone.

Of note, in addition to the premiere, we now have a name for another two part episode:

Finally (1423/1424)

At some point a few months ago (link in the opening), it was mentioned that there may be 28 episodes in Season 14. If they're already reading and/or filming the 24th episode then it's going to be either a very quick season of filming, or more likely, there's going to be more episodes than 28. We'll see.

Lastly, I posted this on the last thread, but it may have gotten lost in all the talk about the finale, but Melinda tweeted about filming her last episode. So we know when at least one character is leaving- if we can find out what episode is currently filming.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Updated the opening post, with all the Season 13 stuff gone.

Of note, in addition to the premiere, we now have a name for another two part episode:

Finally (1423/1424)

At some point a few months ago (link in the opening), it was mentioned that there may be 28 episodes in Season 14. If they're already reading and/or filming the 24th episode then it's going to be either a very quick season of filming, or more likely, there's going to be more episodes than 28. We'll see.

Lastly, I posted this on the last thread, but it may have gotten lost in all the talk about the finale, but Melinda tweeted about filming her last episode. So we know when at least one character is leaving- if we can find out what episode is currently filming.
thanks for updating the op.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Finally sounds like a graduation title, idk. Maybe it's me.

Is it the CeCe Peniston song?
Old 08-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah, in addition to Melinda, Cristine, Luke, Jessica and yes, Aislinn all Tweeted about this being their last day.

I haven't seen anything from the younger cast members about this being their last day of the season, so I think it's safe to assume that whole 28 episode thing isn't happening. And we'll probably get another batch of new cast members introduced right after the current Grade 12 crew goes.

Now, what of Clare's baby? A miscarriage would be seriously cruel to her as a character, but I have a feeling that's the way it's going to play out.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 08-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
Yeah, in addition to Melinda, Cristine, Luke, Jessica and yes, Aislinn all Tweeted about this being their last day.

I haven't seen anything from the younger cast members about this being their last day of the season, so I think it's safe to assume that whole 28 episode thing isn't happening. And we'll probably get another batch of new cast members introduced right after the current Grade 12 crew goes.

Now, what of Clare's baby? A miscarriage would be seriously cruel to her as a character, but I have a feeling that's the way it's going to play out.
The only miscarriage they had was a fake one concocted by Anya and Sav (and Holly J) in Season 10. I don't know how well it'd be written; but...erk, I'd choose that over the a-word. Only bad thing is that (aside from no baby) is that it'd make a big storyline. What if Clare has never known what a miscarriage is? This seems like something they could have done in Season 11 or something..I don't know. The more I think about it, the more it makes me go, 'DAMN IT'.

People that are Clare's age (and younger) probably mainly only know about abortion (thanks to media); but not miscarriage. Like...people have really bad depression whenever that happens because it's unexpected and some feel like God is punishing them for being pregnant (which is a lie). It's just an unfortunate thing that happens to some women during pregnancy.

I don't know much else about it other than two people - from whenever I was still in high school - had experienced miscarriages. One at home (Senior) and the other (Sophomore) literally in class one day during an elective class period that we had together. Damn, I cried along with the girl in my class.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't know how reliable it is, but I just read on Degrassi Wiki that someone from epitome leaked that a character finds out they have an STD in 1401. If it's true, any guesses about who?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Elite Fan

Tristan from Mr. Yates? He's already a creepo child predator. Who knows what else he's been up to, he could've contracted something and either kept it from himself or didn't know he had it when he hooked with Tristan.

Or Eli from a college girl like Lenore? Or Jack if she's seeing people outside of her thing with Imogen? I don't know honestly because nobody is really having sex with randos that might have STDs that we know about right?
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah most people were suspecting Tristan from Mr. Yates. That's makes the most sense to me too. That would be so sad for Tristan. Taken advantage of by a predator and thinking it's love and then given an std to boot. It would be interesting to see how it would affect whatever him and Miles have.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Tristan from Mr. Yates? He's already a creepo child predator. Who knows what else he's been up to, he could've contracted something and either kept it from himself or didn't know he had it when he hooked with Tristan.

Or Eli from a college girl like Lenore? Or Jack if she's seeing people outside of her thing with Imogen? I don't know honestly because nobody is really having sex with randos that might have STDs that we know about right?
Just glad you didn't say Zoe. Girl has enough to deal with.

Yates makes sense, especially after what Winston revealed about being groped by Yates. Seeing as Yates had some weird fascination with a story about a teacher and student having an affair and one of them being castrated...welllll.

Let me just say that the story could tie into the whole castration thing, especially if he was trying to infect Tristan to the point of having to get himself castrated...?? Or what if he did this to a lot of boys?? Some STDs can lead to possible cutting off of body parts if it goes untreated, I think. Wasn't Yates trying to go down on Tristan before Tristan left his apartment? What if Yates has an infected tongue from licking someone else...? My predictions are running away with me.

I wouldn't be too happy about the STD being linked to Lenore. People already hate her. I just can't believe the writers had her fall for Eli (SHE LOVES HIM, SUPPOSEDLY). Girlll, you are way too cute for him. Clare is too cute for him, too. Not just that, but it'd put a hole through the whole Eli dialogue about not having sex with Lenore (I refuse to believe there was no sex).

Imogen might...but we don't know how far she's gone with Jack. UNLESS Jack has an infection on her tongue and she/Jack passes it on through saliva while french-kissing Imogen...hm. I'd be okay with this. It'd also be a way of showing that anyone can get infected...not just guys to girls (Jay/Alex/Amy/Emma, Johnny/Alli/some other girl), but girls to girls. Thank you for reminding me about what that one girl said about Jack.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

A miscarriage would be cruel to Clare's character, but that's the only pregnancy-related storyline not done yet. And it's already set-up, I'm sure her body cannot handle a pregnancy after doing chemotherapy and recovering from cancer.

Or maybe abortion if Clare takes her health into her own hands. IDK.

I think "Finally" is my favorite gradation episode title ever and I'm now going to listen to 90s R&B/House...
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I could see Clare keeping it if the writers decided to send her off in a Spemma'ish type way. Spemma left married, I could see them ending Clew as parents since Drew and Clare are the two characters they'd give a big sendoff too.

But I'm guessing miscarriage as well with everything Clare's been through healthwise this past year.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread