Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyStillBlue (View Post)
Apparently. Since you were hype from the get go.

Ignore it? You mean the way Matt has Karen sure. I'll try. But narrative and canon it's impossible to ignore that well for me anyway.
I'm saying things wrong. I won't argue with you. You're condescending af and keep lolling and whatever. I'm too old for this. You want to see "narrative and canon" whatever way you want to see it, be my guest. I hope you never get disappointed, it feels like it'd hit you hard. Have a nice day.

Quote:
And with Elektra raising for the dead it's just even harder to believe it will be any other way.
I'm definitely curious about that, I want to see where that goes. Not just with Matt, everything.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Now that's something I want so speculate.

I wonder if Matt will be reluctant or unwilling to believe it. Or will he really want to go? Who will he team up with? An all star team of badasses please
Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
Now that's something I want so speculate.

I wonder if Matt will be reluctant or unwilling to believe it. Or will he really want to go? Who will he team up with? An all star team of badasses please
I can't remember if he knew resurrection was a thing around there? I can imagine he'd be shocked/in disbelief, then I guess much will have to do with whether she's ressurected *good* or *evil*. He'll definitely want her on his side and I guess he'd definitely want to give "them" a chance.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I'm saying things wrong. I won't argue with you. You're condescending af and keep lolling and whatever. I'm too old for this. You want to see "narrative and canon" whatever way you want to see it, be my guest. I hope you never get disappointed, it feels like it'd hit you hard. Have a nice day.
Really me? Simply scroll down and see who started with the sarcasm and being condescending. I'll help you out >>>>

Quote:
He had long been done with Karen. And I see, he closed his eyes. How romantic. I'll still "go off the show" too and see that there wasn't all that urge. Than again, unlike you I'm not trying to dismiss the relationship by saying what I'm saying.
Hope I never get disappointed? In life or in the show? Hit me hard? You're the one who got so hype and finds it that deep. So of the two of us I'd say that advice and well wishes should be directed at the mirror.

I see canon and the narrative the only way it can be seen.....as canon and narrative. Another simple concept. When Matt treats Karen well and actually shows he gives a damn romantically. I'll observe as that but that hasn't happened so till then I'm at Karen's his second choice and ignoring her. Have a nice day too.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

And I believe you. But do you really believe that can I read that and still think you're not suggesting there might be racism in the very remarks I mentioned?? I've already read that I'm racist, that Charlie Cox is ableist (or being paid extra to say he likes MK, because I read that too) and now that reviewers are as racist as fans or at the very least they have bias. Basically there is no one who could simply like Matt and Karen together simply because they like them and they see chemistry and they think that narrative is going there and it's going to be great, if doomed. The only good way to ship is to ship with the woc or white character played by the woc. You might not have meant it, but the thing with doubt it that dropping the idea is enough for it to grow and delegitimize everyone in the process.
Anyways I've never read a review that was good for Karen/MK and bad for Claire and Elodie. Never. It's just that it's apparently an ineherently bad thing to ship the white woman with the male lead.
No it's not an "and now". Believe it or not, this isn't just about M/K. Reviewers have always had their biases. I don't elevate their opinions above anyone else's. The same way I don't elevate an actor's opinion. Ultimately, what the critics think, what the actors think, what fans think matters not to me. What I like and see onscreen is all that really matters.

Quote:
The way I see it it's still an excuse to hate on the character. Daredevil has an most definitely an anti-Asian problem but no one is projecting that on Matt for the fact that he is able to beat/kill a bunch of stereotyped Asians as easily as he would butter his bread for breakfast.
Yes, because we all have our biases and preferences. We like what we like and oftentimes we are willing to overlook flaws in the writing when it comes to our faves. No one should feel obligated to do that for characters that don't appeal to them.

Quote:
It was Matt, basically saying there's no-one else for him that did it.
Basically!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

She better be good guys LOL! I'm serious. I'm willing her to be good from this day forward.

When he hears her heartbeat because that's their thing. I'll be all YAAAASSS!

They've showed us them fighting, battling the even within, ultimately she chose to be sacrifice herself for Matt, for the greater good. So the Hand can gets my middle finger if they try and make her super evil.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)

Basically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
She better be good guys LOL! I'm serious. I'm willing her to be good from this day forward.

When he hears her heartbeat because that's their thing. I'll be all YAAAASSS!
If they do a rescue mission. He'll hear it. Just can Stick just stay home and check his ancient prophecies at the door.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Stick is good at saving them though!

I do want a new villian too. Get rid of the Hand and focus on New York again
Old 03-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I was beaming when Stick got rid of Nobu. Badass motherfcker.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No it's not an "and now". Believe it or not, this isn't just about M/K. Reviewers have always had their biases. I don't elevate their opinions above anyone else's.
Reviewers have their opinions, it's their job to express them. I get what you mean but here we're undermining what they write because they just might maybe possibly be biased because most of them are white...-?? Is this the way to go? Besides, I didn't say "Reviewes are God", I just pointed out there's a difference between the average reviewer and the average fangirl. Tbh I still value a reviewer's opinion more. Which doesn't mean that if I get a review saying "Karedevil sucks" I'll cry myself to sleep, who cares?

Quote:
Yes, because we all have our biases and preferences. We like what we like and oftentimes we are willing to overlook flaws in the writing when it comes to our faves.
Exactly. And strangely people tend not to do that with Karen. Although to be fair since Frank came in and became shippable with Karen a lot of people mysteriously stopped hating her. Things that happen in fandoms will never cease to amaze me.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Lol people are going off canon and narrative. That's all you can determine everything off not if and buts, candy and nuts

I literally go off what characters say and do until they say and do something different. I'm taking Matt for everything he's said and done. Simple as pie.
I'm not sure if you don't see that I wasn't ever talking about the bolded point? I'm not rejecting anything interpreted/stated this season, what I was countering was this rigid idea (well, really, it's more of a tone in posts) that what Matt has felt and done this season will be the only thing that ever matters when it comes to his feelings for Karen and Elektra. To speak with such certainty about what could happen with M/K is truly really bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
The same way they set up Claire/Matt only to have them biting the dust? But I'm not even going to compare Clairedevil to Karen/Foggy because Clairedevil actually had something, and it was lovely to watch. Foggy never stood a chance with Karen and his school boy crush on her, while cute, was completely one-sided and definitely just a crush. No wonder they dropped that storyline even before season 2 started. There was practically no set up there and I have no idea why people insist on beating that dead horse.
This is pretty fascinating actually. People on social media are usually really good at calling out shows and fans for expecting a one-sided crush should be rewarded.. I guess not this time around.

Quote:
I don't think they were ever meant to be romantic but it's one of those pairings that just has a life of their own. While both Matt/Elektra and Matt/Karen have major issues to work through, Karen and Frank are (ironically) the healthiest relationship the show presented us. It was honest, realistic and they were both completely true to themselves. The fact that Karen immediately told Frank she got the picture of his family by breaking into his house, and how he wanted to make sure she knew she was never in danger when he tried to kill Grotto just highlights how their relationship was built on trust from the very start.

The fact that Deborah and Jon have insane chemistry and look great together probably helps too.
It definitely took on a life of its own and I did enjoy their scenes (probably the best of the season).

Last edited by McQueenFanGirl; 03-30-2016 at 03:02 PM
Old 03-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I think it's the only thing that can matter till we get a current season imo. Till that time even if it shockingly got canceled. I'd base everything of S1 and S2. Till next April or whenever this juicy show returns, I discuss the show as it has been presented. It's the only thing I think we can be certain of and to go off anything else is just a shot in the dark, that's bizarre to me personally

It's like say, 'well hey Karen and Foggy could work out. Don't knock or speak with certainity that it wouldn't.' Well, I'm just going off the source material of S1 and S2.

That's my opinion on it anyway.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
I first liked Clairedevil and how Claire was a realist and rejected Matt and wasn't behind his lifestyle. I didn't think I would like Matt/Elektra. Then she said "Hello Matthew" and he just turned into....putty. This really human, REAL Matt Murdock came to life. He wasn't pretending, awkward or the smartest guy in the room anymore. He was real and vulnerable with someone and a person he had this deep history with.
I forgot to quote this earlier but this is so me. This is exactly why I loved him so much this season.

Quote:
Reviewers have their opinions, it's their job to express them. I get what you mean but here we're undermining what they write because they just might maybe possibly be biased because most of them are white...-?? Is this the way to go? Besides, I didn't say "Reviewes are God", I just pointed out there's a difference between the average reviewer and the average fangirl. Tbh I still value a reviewer's opinion more. Which doesn't mean that if I get a review saying "Karedevil sucks" I'll cry myself to sleep, who cares?
Yes, it is because it's especially important to point out the biases of the people whose opinions we're suppose to value more, for some reason. I'm not going to assume that the reviewer is objective, that he or she isn't as biased as the average fangirl. And certainly, I've been around long enough to know that the biases against WoC characters aren't all in my head.

Quote:
Exactly. And strangely people tend not to do that with Karen. Although to be fair since Frank came in and became shippable with Karen a lot of people mysteriously stopped hating her. Things that happen in fandoms will never cease to amaze me.
Well they don't have to. That's kinda the point. Doesn't mean the hate is irrational. Just means they don't have a reason to overlook the problems in the writing.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I forgot to quote this earlier but this is so me. This is exactly why I loved him so much this season.
Same x100000

Quote:
^ I was beaming when Stick got rid of Nobu. Badass motherfcker.
That and Stick asking for tea are no.1

Matt's face: are you serious?
Old 03-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlingcity (View Post)
I think it's the only thing that can matter till we get a current season imo. Till that time even if it shockingly got canceled. I'd base everything of S1 and S2. Till next April or whenever this juicy show returns, I discuss the show as it has been presented. It's the only thing I think we can be certain of and to go off anything else is just a shot in the dark, that's bizarre to me personally

It's like say, 'well hey Karen and Foggy could work out. Don't knock or speak with certainity that it wouldn't.' Well, I'm just going off the source material of S1 and S2.

That's my opinion on it anyway.
But I wasn't saying not to go off that material? I'm not saying "listen up, ignore everything you've ever viewed on the show and just make wild speculations". Literally all I'm asking is: why is there this insistent tone that the correct interpretation of season 2 is Karen and Matt will never ever compare... especially when surprise, not every single person understood this season the same way as others (which has been a point of debate since the last thread)? I just wanted further information on why it's so easy to shoot down M/K and how people interpret their relationship this season and what the implications of it will lead to (this is given what happened on the show and what the writers have said, again, another point people have brought up in previous posts).

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just trying to understand the mechanisms behind this train of thought. But if we've hit an impasse, then I guess that's it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread