Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
It sounds good but the simple fact that is airing on the CW is making me nervous.
Always.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Comic-Con: CW's Virus Show 'Containment' Touted as "Science-Fact" - The Hollywood Reporter
Quote:
At Comic-Con, the stars and producers tease realism in the new CW drama.
Containment had its world premiere screening at Comic-Con, an event that gathers about 150,000 participants in a small place — arguably, the best and worst place possible to screen a show about a highly contagious virus. (The few sneezes throughout the screening were especially unnerving.)

After the first hour aired, series creator Julie Plec and several of the cast members sat among the crowd to watch while the show's panelists touted how disturbingly realistic the science of it all was.

"One of my favorite moments of the pilot was working with the consultants," star Claudia Black said of working with real CDC workers. "It's 100 percent plausible," she said of the show. this is exactly how this kind of virus would mutate."

"It's not science-fiction, it's science-fact," George Young added.

The freaky realism of the science is amplified by the fact that the plot revolves around very ordinary people who have their lives completely turned upside down when a mysterious man gets sick and dies, leading to the quarantine of part of Atlanta.

"I wanted it to be a show about us, about what would happen in the real world," pilot director David Nutter said. And after seeing so many smaller outbreaks in recent years, he wondered: "What would happen if you made it very real, very intense? ... It's going to be a watercooler show ... it's compelling drama."

"I love to write about people, falling in love, falling out of love ... fighting for their own self-protection and survival," Plec said. "I write about loss and grief, and things set in an extreme circumstance, which is why people want them."

Beyond the pilot, "The virus is pretty deadly pretty fast," executive producer Chris Ord teased.

Added executive producer, Matt Corman: "Every single episode has turns and thrills."

Which all plays into Plec's three "H" mandates for every hour of the show: "Heart, horror, and holy ****."
Old 07-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Christine!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Absolute Fan

When is this show airing??

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 08-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure if the CW has released a premiere date, yet.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:30 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No exact date yet but it's a mid-season show.

I listened to some SDCC interviews and there is a chance they won't put us through endless love triangles.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Absolute Fan

^^^ wow could it be real?? lol

Thanks for the answer guys! I hope we get some kind of bts spoilers soon…

Old 08-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide into you (View Post)
No exact date yet but it's a mid-season show.
That's about as much as I've seen spoiled. Hopefully soon.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
It sounds good but the simple fact that is airing on the CW is making me nervous.
I think that people don't give The CW credit for trying to change. It's no longer a GOssip Girl type network. They seem to be trying to diversify. They have a few comedies they are gonna try out. I give them credit for that.

All that being said I think this show could have promise but I am worried about the fact that Julie Plec is handling it more so than it being on The CW.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure if Containment will do well on The CW, it might be too mature for this network, kind of like Nikita was.

A few pics from the set, not really spoilery but easy on the eyes:

Old 08-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pic.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for sharing

Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From an interview with JP:

Quote:
Looking at Containment, the pilot features a time jump to what's coming up in the show's world. Will the first season encompass the amount of time set up in the pilot?

We go beyond that, actually. We hit where we start in the pilot by episode nine this season, and then there's still another four [episodes] to go beyond that. We'll take it a little bit further and see the fallout of that horrific event, and where everybody lands.

Limited/event series are very big in the TV world right now. Do you see Containment being a shorter run show?

I see it running as long as it can sustain itself. I can see it taking on various forms over [the show's length]. I don't think it has to remain contained to that containment. The 100-episode marker is such an enigma these days, because it doesn't really matter any more. I know it matters to a lot of people on the money side. It matters less to the people on the network side. It's whoever is bossiest about the number of episodes they want made. I haven't done in years a limited order show. It is so much fun. It is a dream come true. So I'd be happy to keep doing it on the small side for a while.

If it gets a season two, are you hoping to keep it at 13 episodes per season?

Truth be told, I'd probably do two little eight-episode chapters of 16 [hours per season]. I do think you can handle a 16-episode season very easily if you can break them into two pieces, like they do on The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad. The difference is not waiting a year and a half between eight episodes like cable does, and get them all done in the same year. But who knows? I'm open to anything as long as I have time and the desire to do it. Right now that show is really exciting to me.
x
Old 08-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the interview.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread