Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

what is this show supposed to be about?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
what is this show supposed to be about?
I'm just gonna quote Wikipedia because I suck at summaries, lol: "The series will focus on John Constantine, a dark exorcist, occult detective and con man who is struggling with his past sins as he tries to protect humanity from a gathering supernatural threat." It's based on the long-running DC comic series Hellblazer.

---

NBC has ordered three extra scripts for the show.

Mysteries Of Laura & Constantine - Additional Script Orders from NBC | Spoilers
Old 10-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Constantine - Episode 1.01 - Non Est Asylum - Sneak Peek | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's friday.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's cool that NBC has already ordered additional scripts.
Constantine should pair very nicely with Grimm

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I want to watch this show but don't know if I'm going to have time to watch it. Still I set it on my dvr for when I do have time.

Icon by Me
Old 10-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Can you add the link to the Constantine board to the OP: Constantine - Fan Forum

Also, please feel free to stop by the board and chat about the show with us!

~~~
I can't wait for the premiere tonight.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 10-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

‘Constantine’ Series Premiere Preview — Matt Ryan and EPs on NBC’s Demonic Drama | TVLine
Quote:
John Constantine‘s business cards read “Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts” — and all three of those vocations get a workout in NBC’s new drama based on the popular DC Comics character.

After decades in the Hellblazer comics and one ill-fated run at the big screen, Constantine makes his TV debut Friday (10/9c). Welsh actor Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, The Tudors) plays the trenchcoated demon whisperer, a tortured con man who’d prefer to abandon his occult work but feels compelled to help those who need him most.

VIDEO Exclusive Sneak Peek: Constantine Gets Some Unwanted Angelic Attention

At the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Ryan — along with co-star Harold Perrineau (Lost) and executive producers Daniel Cerone (Dexter) and David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight) — offered up some devilish details about what viewers can expect from the new Friday-night frightfest. Grab some holy water (just to be on the safe side), and read on for the scary scoop.

PHOTOS Fall TV’s Breakout Stars: A Virgin, a Penguin, a Rom-Com Duo, a Teenage Dreamboat and 9 Others!

OLD HABITS | In a sense, Goyer has been working on this project since he was a kid; he even had a fan letter published in Swamp Thing, the comic book in which the Constantine character was introduced. “The thing that I always loved about Constantine is, he was a smartass,” Goyer said. “He was just a working-class bloke. He had a wicked sense of humor.” Also: “I felt like it was someone that would translate into television without us having to change the core DNA of the character.”

ANGEL ON YOUR SHOULDER | Perrineau plays Manny, an angel who seems to be on Constantine’s side. “I say he’s an always an angel of questionable intent,” the actor said. Manny’s wings and clothing are more dull gray than the gleaming white commonly associated with heavenly hosts, and the EPs make it clear that that’s on purpose. “What we’re trying to do on this show is: Everybody has an agenda,” Cerone said. “He’s an Old Testament angel,” Goyer added ominously.

RELATED AMC Adapting Controversial Preacher Comic-Book Series

Constantine Series Premiere Preview

LUCY COME, LUCY GO | Don’t get too attached to Lucy Griffiths (True Blood), who appears in the start of the series as Liv, a young woman able to witness supernatural events: The actress exited Constantine so that the show could introduce Zed, a female character from the original comic. (She shows up in Episode 2.) Zed is a psychic with a dark past who can call “spiritual grifter” Constantine on his nonsense, Cerone said. As previously announced, Zed will be played by Telemundo star Angelica Celaya.

SEE YA WHEN I SEE YA | Another Lostie, Jeremy Davies, also appears in the premiere as an old acquaintance of Constantine’s who illuminates exactly why he’s so tormented. Though Davies is not a series regular, “We hope to see him again” in a recurring capacity, Cerone said.

RELATED The Flash Casts Smash Alum to Play Gay DC Comics Villain Pied PIper

LENDING A HAND | DC Entertainment is highly involved behind the scenes at the show, but Cerone and Goyer emphatically state that the comic empire’s creative arm is a welcome presence. “The nice thing about them is, they’re very empowering,” Cerone says. “They’re not someone who’s saying, ‘No, no, no, you can’t do that.'” In fact, he adds, the DC folks are the reason we’ll see several comic-related Easter Eggs in the premiere and beyond.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

how was the premiere? anyone watch?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
how was the premiere? anyone watch?
Not yet. But it's on my to do list.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-26-2014, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so good.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched it! It was good but a little scary. I'll definitely watch next week.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 11-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I've watched all 5 eps and it's really good. I was a bit worried with the recast before the show really got started, but I love the character of Zed. She's mysterious, quirky, feisty, but really sweet and hopeful. I'm really intrigued by her and she and John have great chem. I NEEDS more spoilers for this show.

And based on that last ep, when Papa Midnite says someone close to John will betray him, I think it's the angel and not Zed. He's so shady.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Hannah, come on over to the Constantine board if you want to chitchat about the show.

I can't wait for the next episode.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

^ yes what she said!

---
Jess did you put a link to the board in the OP?

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Closed Thread   Post New Thread