Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Constantine S&S #1: Giving Hell... Hell

Constantine S&S Thread

Giving Hell... Hell.

Based on the wildly popular comic book series "Hellblazer" from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine specializes in giving hell... hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight - or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind. But when demons target Liv, the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray - and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight," an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences, is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. And now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world - and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows... maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.

From Executive Producer David S. Goyer ("Batman Begins," "The Dark Knight Rises") and director Neil Marshall ("Game of Thrones," "The Descent") comes a dark new thriller that proves fighting evil is a hell of a job.

Starring Matt Ryan, Lucy Griffiths, Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford.
EPISODE SPOILERS

1x01 - "Pilot" – October 24 at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)
PROMOPROMO 2EXTENDED PROMO ♦ STILLS ♦ WEBCLIP
1x02 - "" – at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)
EXTENDED PROMO ♦ STILLS ♦ WEBCLIP

1x03 - "" – at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

1x04 - "" – at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

1x05 - "" – at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

1x06 - "" – at 10 p.m. (ET/PT)

1x07 - ""

1x08 - ""

1x09 - ""

1x10 - ""

1x11 - ""

1x12 - ""

1x13 - ""

GENERAL SPOILERS
INTERVIEWS
Matt Ryan: [Shaw Media Upfronts 06/04/14]
Lucy Griffiths:
Harold Perrineau:
Charles Halford:
Cast: [IGN 06/04/14]

David S. Goyer: [03/06/14]

CASTING NEWS

GENERAL SPOILERS

SERIES BASIC
[Poster 1] ♦ [Poster 2] ♦ [Season One Promotional Pics] ♦

Previous Threads

Last edited by ladybugjess; 06-10-2014 at 04:11 PM
Old 06-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening this thread
Old 06-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

This is the whole reason why I wanted to open this thread:

Old 06-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Moderator Manager

that's a good clip!!!

Still on the fence about Lucy though
Old 06-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Me too.

Here's the official NBC trailer:

It's what got me on board for the show.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Moderator Manager

And don't forget the other promo for it

Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Added.

A Q&A during the Shaw Media/Global TV Upfronts.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait for this show.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohhh nice interview!!!!

I'm in love with his voice!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
Can't wait for this show.
I know! I think it will pair well with Grimm.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree
Old 06-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Constantine: Matt Ryan and Lucy Griffiths on What to Expect from the DC Comics Adaptation - IGN

Quote:
This fall sees the launch of three new DC Comics-based TV series across three different networks, including FOX's Gotham, CW's The Flash (joining Arrow) and NBC's Constantine, debuting on Friday, October 24th, paired with Grimm.

A new adaptation of DC’s Hellblazer comics, Constantine stars Matt Ryan (Assassin’s Creed IV) as the title character, John Constantine, a demon hunter and master of the occult. Starring alongside Ryan is Lucy Griffiths (True Blood) as Liv, the daughter of an old friend of Constantine, who has her own abilities that prove crucial when it comes to thwarting evil.

I spoke to Ryan and Griffiths about their characters, what it’s like starring in a comic book adaptation, working with director Neil Marshall (The Descent, Game of Thrones’ “Blackwater”) and more.

IGN: It looks like the show has a fun mixture of different elements.

Matt Ryan: Yeah, definitely. I think as with the source material, there's so much to draw from in terms of the character and the balance of humor and wit and dark and gritty. It's great, because John has this kind of real sarcastic, ironic British wit. It's funny, but at the same time it's serious and dark and gritty. It's got it all, I think.

IGN: Can you talk about the dynamic between your characters? What does Liv make of John?

Lucy Griffiths: Like how all women like to feel about men, she loves him and she hates him. She thinks he's an absolute idiot, and she just finds him annoying. At the same time, she can't deny that he's a genius, and she's thrilled by what he has to offer her in terms of excitement. He's irresistible to her from that point of view.

Ryan: But dangerous to her as well.

Griffiths: Yeah, and she helps him. She's his psychic sidekick.

IGN: As you just referenced, your character has some abilities too…

Griffiths: Yeah, I actually have more magic than him. [Laughs]

Ryan: Not so much "magic." Let's be firm on this! But no, she actually has an ability, and John seeks her out because he's got a message from beyond the grave, from an old friend of his, whose daughter is in trouble. That's Lucy's character Liv. Then John goes about saving her and at the same time discovers that she has this ability. So then he kind of uses that ability and slightly manipulates her, but they need each other, and they set about trying to rid the world of all the evil.

IGN: This is obviously based on a beloved comic book. Have you started to immerse yourself in that background?

Ryan: Yeah, man. That's just the most amazing thing.

Griffiths: It’s fantastic.

Ryan: There’s over 300 issues of the Hellblazer comic alone.

Griffiths: I was so shocked by the artwork… as in, I was amazed!

Ryan: Yeah, there's just so much source material to glean from. I've read about 100 of them now, so I’ve got a way to go.

IGN: Hey, you’re about a third of the way through!

Ryan: It's great, man. As an actor, your research is reading comic books. That's not a bad job, right?

IGN: It's got to be cool, too, when the first picture of you in-character came out and people were saying, "There's Constantine!"

Ryan: Yeah, and we're trying to stay as close to the source material as possible and really do the comics justice. So, hopefully, we can do that.

Griffiths: It’s pretty faithful!

IGN: How was it working with Neil [Marshall] on the pilot? I’m a big fan of his work.

Griffiths: I was just so comforted by the fact that he was English -- which sounds silly, but when you're used to working away from home -- but that was an instant comfort; that's the only way I can really explain it.

Ryan: I thought he was great. I've been a fan of his for awhile as well. The Descent, Dog Soldiers, those films, I've loved for years, and the tones of those. As soon as I knew that he was part of the team, I was thrilled. For this kind of thing, you really do need someone with that vision to get that kind of tone right.

Griffiths: He's got a very calm demeanor on set as well.

IGN: Your show is one of several DC Comics shows coming out around the same time. They're on different networks, but is it still kind of fun to know that there's sort of this brotherhood of superheroes gathering on TV?

Ryan: Yeah!

Griffiths: Yeah, except for we've got to win. Let's not forget the competitive element!

Ryan: [Laughs] I think it's the new golden age of comic books, isn't it? It's great to see DC having so many shows on the air as well. It's just a fantastic opportunity for NBC, I think, on a Friday night, to have this genre. We follow Grimm, and I think that that's a fantastic thing for fans of this genre. They can really get a kick out of that.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:48 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for opening a thread for this show. I have added this show to Rachel' list of threads to monitor.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM
MST Manager

Sure thing.