Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Chuck S&S #106: The wait is finally over!

Welcome to the 106 t h C h u c k
spoilers & speculations thread.

----------------------------------------------------

+ u p c o m i n g
e p i s o d e s

5.01 <
Chuck vs. the Zoom

[Airing: October 21st, 2011]

written by:
directed by: Robert Duncan McNeill

(description not available)

other:

+ Per Fedak, the zoom is a "very dangerous secret." (source)
+ An "arrogant, rich villain that shares his first two names [with Jean-Claude van Damme] will face off with Chuck & Co." (source)

5.02 <
Chuck vs. the Bearded Bandit

[Airing: October 28th, 2011]

written by:
directed by:

other:

+
+

5.03 <
Chuck vs. the (?)

[Airing: November 4th, 2011]

written by:
directed by:

other:

+
+

5.04 <
Chuck vs. the (?)

[Airing: November 11th, 2011]

written by:
directed by:

(description unavailable)

other:

+
+

5.05 <
Chuck vs. the (?)

[Airing: November 18th, 2011]

written by:
directed by:

(description unavailable)

other:

+
+

+ g e n e r a l
s p o i l e r s

+ TV Guide interview with Fedak about Chuck's final season here.
+ EW interview with Fedak here.
+ A love interest for Casey? Learn about Gertrude Verbanski here.
+ Comic-Con panel scoop here.

+ g u e s t
s t a r s

Mark Hamill as a villain (source)

Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

It was a solid premiere.

I just wish Alex would have made an appearance.

Speaking of Alex. Mekenna gave an interview.

http://smallscreenscoop.com/exclusiv...puggle/318953/

Quote:
Jessica Rae (JR): Morgan has changed a lot for this season. Does Alex see the change in him, and what kind of reaction does she have to that?

MeKenna Melvin (MM): Well, I’m not going to give too much away. But I can say that Morgan has a lot of changes. (Laughs.) And there are a lot of Morgan moments in season 5 that are super funny, laugh out loud, amazing. It’s really fun, the journey that they all go on.

Will Alex be involved with Carmichael Industries in any way?

MM: I… have no comment. (Laughs.) I can’t give away too much of the juicy stuff!

Will Alex and Morgan celebrate any major relationship milestones this season?

MM: Their relationship does have a fun little journey that it goes on.

I know you have all of these martial arts skills. Will we see Alex doing any stunts, big or small before season 5 ends?

MM: I would always love that… But I’m not going to tell you. (Laughs)

Let’s move onto less spoilery things. Morgan hasn’t always had luck with ladies, what do you think has made Alex and Morgan so right for each other? What does she see in him that other’s haven’t?

MM: Morgan at the end of the day is a really sweet, wonderful guy who gets himself in a little bit of trouble with the ladies and everyone else in the show. But I think she sees who he really is, deep down. And that’s what she loves about him.

What kinds of other guys do you think Alex probably dated in the past? Bad boys, super smart ones? What do you think her relationships have been like?

I think she has probably dated not necessarily any “type.” I think she’s really down to earth and in-tune to people. So, with every one she dated she probably dated them for specific reasons about them and their character – not necessarily “the bad guy” or “the nerd.”

Can you talk about whether Alex will have scenes with Gertrude (Carrie Ann Moss)? I imagine that’ll affect the father/daughter dynamic.

MM: … Again, I can’t tell you. I will say that this season is so much fun. When I was reading the scripts I would laugh out loud, I was crying during one. I am really excited for this season. I think there are so many unexpected things that will happen. And I, and everyone else, hopes that the fans will love it.

Oh, definitely. I feel like it’s already a slam dunk. Can you talk about any blooper reel moments on set you’ve had recently?

MM: I feel like I’m constantly embarrassing myself, and I don’t know how often the camera is rolling to catch it. I personally have so much fun working. It’s hard to pinpoint one thing. But I’m sure when I see blooper reels at the end of the season I’ll be like, “Oh God, oh God…”

As you know, Chuck fans love to get creative with fan music mixes, videos, artwork, even carving pumpkins – do you have a your favorite type of creative work to see from fans?

MM: Well, they made us, this year, and I just got mine a couple weeks ago, Chuck vs the Scrapbook. And it was…I can’t even express how overwhelming it was for me to read all of these beautiful letters that people have sent to me. My whole life I’ve wanted to be an actress and didn’t know how it was gonna happen.

I was a waitress two years ago trying to make it work…and to get this book of people who have embraced me on this show, doing what I love to do, what I’ve always dreamed of doing…it was really amazing moment that was so special. And I was so incredibly grateful. And I think that was one of the coolest, most beautiful things that they’ve done for me personally.

Were you ever nervous, going into the show, seeing how passionate the fanbase is?

MM: I was very concerned that they like the character. I came in very late into the Chuck game, and my characters kind of evolved I didn’t even know she was gonna have this journey that she had., I thought I was gonna have one episode and be done. And even now I think “I hope they like it.” Because we make the show for you guys. And if you didn’t watch, then we wouldn’t have a show. I feel so lucky to have been embraced in the way that I was. So I want to do justice for your show.

Well, I think that you do. They wanted you back! So, as a final Chuck question, is there anything you can tease? More chocolate?

MM: Ooooooh, the chocolate scene. (Laughs) Ah, I don’t want to give anything away. It’s gonna be awesome. It’s gonna be a really fun season. I think I can say that Alex comes back for the first time in the third episode. But I can’t give you specifics because it’s not going to be fun, then.

Last edited by slicknickshady; 10-28-2011 at 06:14 PM
Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Now I understand why they could not buy a home. Decker looks like a bigger obstacle than I originally imagined. Is Beckman schedule to appear in the next episode?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Not sure.

I was afraid they wouldn't make it realistic how they couldn't afford a house. Glad it eased that concern. It was a legit reason.

I hope chuck and sarah get a house like that at the end of the series though.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

promo
Chuck 5x02 - "Chuck Versus the Bearded Bandit" Promo (HD) - YouTube
"A famous explorer once said, that 'the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are'. I'd finally set out to make my mark, to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us.
When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become."
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

promo
Chuck 5x02 - "Chuck Versus the Bearded Bandit" Promo (HD) - YouTube
"A famous explorer once said, that 'the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are'. I'd finally set out to make my mark, to find adventure. But instead adventure found me. In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us.
When all seemed lost, I found a truth. And I knew what I must become."
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread and the latest news.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

A lot of that footage is from other episodes. I'm not sure how much is actually from Bearded Bandit. Most of it looks like it's from either 503 or 506, each of which appear to be pivotal episodes.

Last edited by MediaSavant; 10-29-2011 at 01:30 PM
Old 10-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Total Fan

I guess because they desperately want to bring back viewers with those guest stars. Ouch, ratings were so bad - 1.0 for Friday and 0.3 for Sat.

ETA:

EW - 'Chuck' scoop: Carrie-Anne Moss fighting, romancing Casey -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS

Wow, love the second pic.

Last edited by LG - Life's Good; 10-31-2011 at 05:33 PM
Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG - Life's Good (View Post)
I guess because they desperately want to bring back viewers with those guest stars. Ouch, ratings were so bad - 1.0 for Friday and 0.3 for Sat.

ETA:

EW - 'Chuck' scoop: Carrie-Anne Moss fighting, romancing Casey -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS

Wow, love the second pic.

Yeah but it was going against game 7 of the world series. We will see what happens this week.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the EW scoop, interview, and promo.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Total Fan

But wasn't Grimm going against the game, too? It did way better than Chuck.

From Kristin:

Quote:
Ronnie in Anaheim, Calif: Morgan in Chuck‘s season premiere was really funny, but I feel like Chuck should be the one with the Intersect.
We’re totally picking up what you’re putting down, but now it’s Morgan’s (Joshua Gomez) time to shine. In the week’s episode, an overly eager Morgan is willing to do whatever it takes to be taken seriously (like costing Carmichael Industries $150,000) Yikes! But while Morgan is busy “zooming,” Chuck (Zachary Levi) is beginning to notice some very strange changes in his BFF’s personality. For example: Morgan seriously asks who Luke Skywalker is. Could the Intersect be more of a foe than friend this season? Dun-dun-dun!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG - Life's Good (View Post)
But wasn't Grimm going against the game, too? It did way better than Chuck.

From Kristin:
By the time that Grimm came on the game was well in hand for St. Louis. I just want to see the numbers for this week.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESRK (View Post)
By the time that Grimm came on the game was well in hand for St. Louis. I just want to see the numbers for this week.
Don't fool yourself. The game had higher ratings in the 9-10PM hour than in the 8-9PM hour.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Chuck Season 5 Spoilers from EP Chris Fedak
Closed Thread   Post New Thread