Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think she's mentioned any but I get the impression she has the type of family that could produce long lost children at any stage

I can't wait for this storyline.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

This might be the minority opinion, but I don't mind the Chicago Fire/Chicago PD crossovers. When Chicago PD was created, the producers stated that one major character from Chicago Fire would make regular appearances on Chicago PD for the duration of Chicago PD to connect the two shows into one. They ended up choosing Severide for that role. So far, Severide's appearances helped spike Chicago PD's ratings, so it appears that they chose the right guy. Ratings are just as important as creative choices. I'm sure others will crossover in addition to Severide.

That being said, I'd like Chicago PD to give Severide a larger purpose on the show besides hooking up with (insert female character here) and being eye candy. He has a set of skills and connections as a Lieutenant that would be useful to Voight and enhance storylines. The writers should explore that further.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I like the CF/CPD crossovers too. Not just the "bigger" ones like Lindsay and Severide, but even when the characters just randomly pop up on the other show. I get excited when I'm watching CF and then I see Burgess or Platt show up, or when I'm watching CPD and Hermann or Otis show up .

We may actually see more Platt on CF since she's now paired with Mouch (a pairing I did not see coming but am definitely intrigued by). I think I saw her name mentioned on one of the CF sides.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

I don't mind Severide popping up on the show and I don't mind him and Lindsey bring the anchor for the two shows.

I think Severide gets enough attention on his own show though. I don't think he needs to get more storylines on PD when the likes of Atwater gets nothing to do.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-31-2014, 04:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I don't mind Severide popping up on the show and I don't mind him and Lindsey bring the anchor for the two shows.

I think Severide gets enough attention on his own show though. I don't think he needs to get more storylines on PD when the likes of Atwater gets nothing to do.
That is my big issue because Severide always has a story on his own show, he doesn't need to be taking up time that could be given to the PD characters too and the same goes to Erin. If they are going to do crossovers then I think it needs to be more than just them getting to do that.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistified (View Post)
That is my big issue because Severide always has a story on his own show, he doesn't need to be taking up time that could be given to the PD characters too and the same goes to Erin. If they are going to do crossovers then I think it needs to be more than just them getting to do that.
That's my issue as well Severide is alway like the main story on Fire which is good because that's his show. I want to see CPD characters stories on CPD not him taking airtime away from other characters. I don't mind crossovers every so often with other characters from CF. I mean you would think Gabby would show up more because she is Antonio's sister. I just don't care to watch this crossover romance because I don't watch Fire
Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)

Of course I'm a linstead shipper like hardcore, but I'm mostly concerned with the fact that fire characters get pd airtime when Atwater rarely gets to say Hello each episode. Lol it does look like he gets more airtime this season though by the bts pics.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFFan1 (View Post)
So far, Severide's appearances helped spike Chicago PD's ratings
lady gaga, is that you?
Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
lady gaga, is that you?
OMG!! Lol too funny!

No really though....I think Sophia can pull the ratings in alone without the help of Taylor, who is still not even a household name. Nothing against him at all....he seems nice and he's easy on the eyes for sure, but I don't think it was he who got CPD ratings.

Last edited by _JulieNicole_; 09-01-2014 at 06:22 AM
Old 09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
CHICAGO P.D.
The mystery of who killed Jin will be “wrapped up fairly quickly,” executive producer Matt Olmstead reveals. Until then, “Voight goes through a crucible.” Meanwhile, Lindsay faces another blast from the past when her junkie mom (Night Court's Markie Post) shows up. “It's a window into what she has gone through, what she overcame and, really, what Voight did to help get her through that,” Olmstead describes. In the love department, Lindsay and Chicago Fire's Severide are going strong, but “as in any relationship, there are competing interests that might pull them apart.” New couple Burgess and Ruzek are keeping their romance secret to protect her shot at an Intelligence job, but a new partner (Boardwalk Empire's Brian Geraghty) reinvigorates the street cop's love for her current gig. Things are less peachy for Antonio, whose wife packed up and left with their children. “He finds himself having to commute to see his kids on his days off,” Olmstead says. “But here he is, single in Chicago for the first time in his adult life.”
BONUS SPOILER | Remember the files Jin sent before being offed? “That resurfaces because he knew it was coming -- and he sent it to a surprise character,” Olmstead teases.
RETURN DATE | Wednesday, Sept. 24 at 10/9c (NBC)
[PHOTOS] Fall TV Spoilers 2014: Exclusive Scoops On 42 Season Premieres | TVLine
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to Lindsay/her mama/Voight stuff. Not digging the obvious triangle crap I see them pulling with Burgess and Ruzek though..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Question: Do you have anything on Chicago Fire? I just watched Seasons 1 and 2 and am dying for it to start back up again! Any scoop? —Devin
Ausiello: How about a little Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. scoop with a side of Law & Order: SVU intel? The Windy City-based sister shows will host a major crossover in the first half of the season, and then again in the second half. “We want to be as ambitious as we were last time,” says executive producer Matt Olmstead. “Last year, we also did a crossover with SVU that we liked a lot. We’re exploring a possible crossover with them as well. [We] definitely want to do at least one, perhaps two big crossovers, involving any combination of the three shows.”
Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Good Wife, S.H.I.E.L.D., Blacklist, SVU, Big Bang and More | TVLine
Old 09-04-2014, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JulieNicole_ (View Post)
I think Sophia can pull the ratings in alone without the help of Taylor
i wasn't even going to watch the show once sophia was hired. ugh. amen for the fast forward button!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread