Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Chicago Fire EP on Fall Finale Shocker, Hope Fallout and That 'Stellaride' Kiss

Danger hit close to home during Chicago Fire‘s fall finale on Thursday when Dawson discovered that the stabbing victim she and Brett had been called to save was none other than her father Ramon.

Elsewhere, a drunken Stella kissed Severide — “Not like this,” he told her — and then claimed not to remember the smooch the following morning. What brought on the overindulgence in booze? Stella was unexpectedly transferred out of the firehouse to CFD’s PR department in a secret plot orchestrated by Hope. After Casey and Herrmann went digging for answers about the move, Brett’s hometown pal was exposed for the schemer that she is.

In happier news: While eyeing a down-on-its-luck bar as a potential Molly’s North location, Otis discovered his dream girl in the owner’s daughter Lily.
Below, showrunner Derek Haas previews Ramon’s fate and how it will bring the whole Dawson family together. Plus: Will Hope be back? (You may not like the answer.) Is Stella pining for Severide? (Fat chance!) And has Otis finally found love? (Fingers crossed!)

TVLINE | Where do you put the survival odds for Ramon at this moment?
A vague answer is that Dawson is going to be freaked, and Brett is going to try to step up, and they’re going to do everything that they can to save him. [The next episode is] going to pick up right where [the fall finale] left off.

TVLINE | Both Dawson and Casey left things on a sour note with Ramon before this incident went down. What’s their emotional headspace as you’re heading into the next episode?
We have a batch of episodes coming where it’s less about Ramon, and more about a young teenage girl that Dawson feels for, and Casey’s worried that she’s putting her heart into a precarious position.

TVLINE | Considering this is Dawson and Antonio’s father, can we expect Antonio to play a bigger part on Fire?
Yes. He’s going to be, for sure, in the next two [episodes], and then [there’s] a little bit of a break where you think, “Oh, that was short,” but it’s not going to be as short as the audience thinks. I know our audience well enough to know after the events of Episode 8, they’re going to be like, “Why would they give us this if they’re not giving us more?!” And then there will be more.

TVLINE | Have we seen the last of Hope?
There’s a 50/50 chance she’ll be back in the second half [of the season]. She’s such a great foil and a really great actress.

TVLINE | Her character seems very unstable and unpredictable. Is she going to exact revenge for what’s happened to her?
We’ve shied away this year from the true crazy characters. Hope saw early on what Brett had and decided, “I want that. But I’m not going to put the four years into training to be a paramedic.” So it’s, “How can I manipulate…?” We kind of get the sense she did this back in Fowlerton. So she brought the act here, and fortunately, Firehouse 51 didn’t get completely snowed. She picked a fight with the wrong people.

TVLINE | She also seemed to want Stella’s life to some degree.
Well, Stella was onto her first. When you see the threats, you’re like, “I’m going to eliminate Stella. I’m going to eliminate Connie,” which she didn’t, really, but she was setting the groundwork for that. Like, “Oh, here’s the yellow files you were missing,” which she probably took off his desk. It was, “Eliminate threats, ingratiate myself with certain people and then we’ll see where it goes from there.”

TVLINE | It’s obvious that Sylvie feels bad about bringing Hope into the firehouse. How will this incident affect her position in the firehouse and her relationships?
It’s really the relationship with Kidd and her, and that will get resolved in the next episode. I don’t necessarily like all internal conflict that keeps going for a long time. Look, good friends have fights, and then they work stuff out.

TVLINE | Is Stella telling the truth about not remembering the kiss?
No! You can tell on Severide’s face that she’s full of it. He knows she’s lying. She knows she’s lying. She’s trying to float that balloon, but it’s not going very far. But I do like that Severide lets her off the hook.

TVLINE | Does it become this elephant in the room between the two of them?
Yes. That’s going to be playing out over the next several episodes.

TVLINE | In the meantime, is Severide still a playboy?
I think she’s trying to decide if she’s a playboy or not. She’s not going to pine for him. She’s going to show that she’s not hung up on him, and she’s willing to look at other people in Chicago. There are other eligible men in Chicago.

TVLINE | Otis and Lily – is this going to be a significant relationship for him?
Yes, it’s going to be significant for a while. Otis has never really had, other than Severide’s sister, a love story on the show. So this is going to play out for a while.
Source: X

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:06 PM
MST Manager

Thanks from me too.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Taylor Kinney, Kara Killmer, And Miranda Mayo Talk ‘Chicago Fire’

The stars of the hit NBC show about firefighters in Chicago discuss everything from their time on the show to what it’s like playing a firefighter in Chicago.

We’ve seen dozens of police and medical procedurals over the years, but not many firefighting procedurals. It took an industry legend like Dick Wolf, creator of Law and Order, to take the leap and bring one to the small screen. That effort took form in what millions now know as Chicago Fire, one of the most successful shows on NBC. It follows a number of firefighters as they put out fires on the job and at home.

We got a chance to speak with stars of the show Taylor Kinney, Kara Killmer, and Miranda Mayo about the show, working in Chicago, and if they had any ties to firefighters in their personal lives. If you’ve seen the fall season finale for the show, then you’re going to love to see what Miranda Mayo has to say about her character and her story on the show. You’d also be surprised to learn that a few of the firefighters on the show who play tough Chicago natives are actually from small towns on the West. It goes to show you how great these actors are. The surprising apart about the interviews were how similar they were to their characters, so if any of Taylor Kinney’s fans were wondering, yes, he is that cool in person too. Check out our interviews with them below.

Kara Killmer and Miranda Mayo

How much of your own personalities do you find yourself embedding in your characters?

Miranda: I think that’s part of the game, in television to be able to play a character that you can play for a really long time and grow with and evolve, but a lot of that comes from knowing yourself and being able to implement certain parts of yourself. I think it would be exhausting playing something that’s a departure from myself for 6 years.

Kara: It’s really a credit to the writers for taking the time and watching how things play out and they really know how to write these characters well and how to write our relationships well and so you start to see some things are like oh, that’s familiar. Even for me in this story line right now, I very much relate to Sylvie in relating to being from a small town. I’m from a town in Texas and they just got a Starbucks.

Any firefighters in the family?

Miranda: Not in my immediate family, but in high school there was a family that kind of took me in, we’re still kind of best friends to this day. Her dad was a lieutenant and he drove the engine. I’m from Fresno, California. Also a small town.

I bet he’s tickled by the fact that you’re playing a firefighter.

Miranda: Oh my god, he’s just like the sweetest. He’s so excited. He always would call me the adopted daughter and would say ” I’m so glad one of you is in the fire department” and I’m like Steve, I’m just pretending and he’s like “It’s fine! It counts”.

Taylor Kinney

What have you enjoyed the most about your journey with Dick Wolf in this world that he’s created for this talented cast to explore.

Taylor: Well, the opportunity itself, of course, first and foremost, but the group of people that I get to work with and being in Chicago. I can’t think of a city that I’d rather be in. Getting to see the sports teams, the restaurants, seeing the city grow and to see what it’s done to be a part of something that started when it was kind of minimal. They had Kelsey Grammer that was doing a show that ended, Jason Clarke was doing Chicago Code that had gotten canceled I think, a couple films had came through, but besides that I don’t think there was an entertainment front that came through and now the stage is here. Actually, in Lagunitas, here, in season 1, this was all empty and we used to do promos, we used to do shoots here and to see this come in and this evolve and the stages over there, we have sets for like Empire here, ABC had a show, Fox had a show, and we had three, four shows on our list last year, with Justice that didn’t go, but, when it was all up and running, it was like an amusement park. To be a part of that, and the opportunity to capitalize on it, that’s been huge.

What’s something unique about playing a firefighter in Chicago versus any other city in America?

Taylor: Well, I’m going to have a really biased opinion because I’ve only done it here. I think the city itself. It’s the second largest city in the states so you have these huge high rises among the suburbs. So you get a call, you could be going to either one. You could be stuck, I think we have something coming up. You really don’t know the dynamic, with the lake, with the water. I don’t know if it’s too different from most major cities but it’s different from Middle America. The training for the squad is unique for most other cities, because they’re trained in water rescue and a few other, you know rappelling and a few other things that might not take place in other cities.

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Set Visit: Inside The Magic Of “Chicago P.D”, “Chicago Med”, And Chicago Fire”

Here’s a look at how the magic behind the screen gets made.

NBC has really hit a gold mine with Dick Wolf’s Chicago shows, Chicago Med, Chicago Fire, and Chicago P.D. They’re audience favorites all around. With a new Chicago take on T.V classics, there’s no way you can go wrong with these shows. Recently, NBC hosted a set visit giving us an inside like as to how the amazing team behind these amazing shows make the shows as realistic as possible, from using guns that are almost as real as can be to real equipment that is sponsored, to silicone organs. Here’s how they do it.

In Chicago Med, one thing you’re bound to see is someone being stretchered into the hospital with a glaring and bloodily real injury. The fact of the matter in all of these shows is that very little CGI and special effects are used. A majority of what you see are practical effects because, if nothing else, it makes the show a lot cheaper to produce. As a result, each of the stretchers have a cut out where the victim could slip their perfectly ok legs or arms or whole body into that will hide themselves while sporting an injured silicone replica. In addition to that, all of the organs on set are made of silicon. During most of the surgeries, a small silicon organ would be used with touches of fake blood. However, when that’s not enough, they’ll replicate up to half of the body of the real character with anatomically correct bodies with organs where they’re supposed to be. As a result, when you see the doctors digging through looking for the liver, for example, they’re actually looking for the liver. If you, like me, wonder how silicone could look so realistic, that’s beyond me. It may not feel like what I imagine a real organ feels like, but it sure as hell looks like one. In addition to that, most of the medical equipment on set is actually real medical equipment that is fully functioning. That’s a nice touch for realism.

In Chicago P.D, you’ve got what is essentially your typical police procedural, so we got to see behind the curtain as to how they get that show and genre as realistic as possible. For example, all of the bullet casings on the show are real. Whenever real pieces could be used, they are used. For that, the producers and the creators of the show have done a great job. The handcuffs on the show are real as well with varying gradients of how hard they are to open. The teeth of the handcuffs are filed down so that they can be altered to be somewhat loose or tight enough to require keys. Another interesting fact is that all glass shards and some blood pools that aren’t interacted with are made of silicone. In addition to that, pipes, bats, and other melee type weapons are real when they are only there for show and made of rubber when they are used in an action scene. Gun fire scenes are often as real as can be with special non-lethal rounds that burst into smoke on impact, except when the environment isn’t safe like an insecure warehouse. That’s why when actors are shot and recoil, it’s very realistic as they aren’t actually acting but reacting.

Chicago Fire was surprising in a number of ways. Much of the special effects in this show was similar to that of those used in Chicago P.D. For example, the same concept of when to use rubber tools and weapons versus real ones is applied here. In addition to that, the fires are real fires done on a stage with a controlled burn. The one interesting thing to learn was that much of the gear was very pricey. The air tank and face mask is worth about 20 thousand dollars alone, and that’s an essential part of any firefighter’s gear. The way they combat these prices is through product placements, where the brands provide the equipment for free for marketing purposes. This is often the case with consumer products but it was interesting to see that this was the case with some as niche as firefighting gear and the jaws of life. Another interesting fact is that dummies are often used in fire rescue scenes and the dummies aren’t exactly light, so the actors really have to work to get it all done.

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)

Thanks for the latest episode update.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Neither of those have spoilers in Just seem to be general stuff about the show and set.

I guess we might not hear much for a while now we've hit a hiatus.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What’s next for Chicago Fire‘s Severide after the Hope fiasco? —Rachel
What’s next is a visit from his mom… and possibly the return of his dad Benny (played by Treat Williams)! “[Treat] did a movie which threw us off,” showrunner Derek Haas explains, “so the storyline we were going to have for him, we’re pushing until after the movie. We’re going to bring Severide’s mom into the picture in the second half of the season [for] a story that’s pretty involved, and if we can get Benny, it will be ideal, but it’s hard because [Treat’s] not a regular on our show.“

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for posting that.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Question: On Chicago Fire, are we ever going to get that “Dawsey” weekender we were promised in Season 4? —Rachel
Ausiello: “I feel like I wrote myself into a corner on that one,” showrunner Derek Haas confesses, before acknowledging that “fans don’t always get what they want.” That said, the ill-fated getaway is “mentioned again” in an upcoming episode. So there’s that!

The Rogue Prince
Old 11-18-2017, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Chicago Fire - Episode 6.07 - A Man's Legacy - Press Release

Quote:
"CHICAGO FIRE"
"A MAN'S LEGACY"

01/04/2018 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : MOLLYS'S NORTH GETS READY TO OPEN ITS DOORS - Brett (Kara Killmer) attempts to make a lifesaving decision in the field to someone near and dear to the firehouse family. In an effort to impress Lily (guest star Ariane Rinehart), Otis (Yuri Sardarov) scrambles to get everything together for the grand opening of Molly's North. Meanwhile, Boden (Eamonn Walker) becomes emotional following the rescue of a famous blues player from a burning apartment building and Dawson (Monica Raymund) struggles to come to terms with how she has been dealing with her father. Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, David Eigenberg, Miranda Rae Mayo, Joe Minoso and Christian Stolte also star. Randy Flagler, Anthony Ferraris, Jon Seda, Colin Donnell and Marlyne Barrett guest star.

The Rogue Prince
Old 12-13-2017, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the press release.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Do you know what’s next for Antonio and Brett in the Chicago-verse? — Carlton
Here’s some good news: “Brett and Antonio are going to heat things up, like red hot, by the end of the first episode back,” EP Derek Haas tells me. Make of that what you will!

The Rogue Prince
Old 12-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.