Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Chicago Fire Spoilers & Speculation Thread #12 "Season finale, ducker, death, possible pregnancy and more fire....what is happening?"

About

From renowned, Emmy Award-winning executive producer Dick Wolf ("Law & Order" brand) and creators Derek Haas and Michael Brandt, the writing team behind "3:10 to Yuma," comes the high-octane drama "Chicago Fire," - an edge-of-your-seat view into the lives of everyday heroes committed to one of America's noblest professions. For the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51, no occupation is more stressful or dangerous, yet so rewarding and exhilarating. These courageous men and women are among the elite who forge headfirst into danger when everyone else is running the other way and whose actions make the difference between life and death.

The pressure to perform on such a high level has a way of taking a personal toll, sometimes putting team members from the Truck and the specially trained Rescue Squad at odds with each other. Despite any differences, this is an extended family, and when it's "go time," everyone inside Firehouse 51 knows no other way than to lay it all on the line for each other. When a tragedy claims one of their own, there's plenty of guilt and blame to go around. Lt. Matthew Casey, in charge of the Truck, tries to carry on, but butts heads with the brash Lt. Kelly Severide of the Rescue Squad - and each blames the other for their fallen team member. Adding to the turmoil, Casey, unbeknownst to his colleagues, is in the midst of a separation from Hallie.

The firehouse also includes Battalion Chief Wallace Boden, a fireman's fireman who is confronted by important personal decisions, paramedics Gabriela Dawson and Leslie Shay, who share a close bond and team together to face some of the most harrowing situations imaginable, Peter Mills, an academy graduate who is the latest generation in a family of firefighters, and Christopher Herrmann, a seasoned veteran who loses his home to foreclosure and now must uproot his family to move in with his in-laws.

Cast Members

Jesse Spencer | Matthew Casey
Taylor Kinney | Kelly Severide
Monica Raymund | Gabriela Dawson
Eamonn Walker | Chief Wallace Boden
David Eigenberg | Christopher Herrmann
Joe Minoso | Joe Cruz
Yuri Sardarov | Brian "Otis" Zvonecek
Christian Stolte | Randy "Mouch" McHolland
Randy Flagler l Capp
Kara Killmer | Sylvie Brett
Dora Madison Burge l Jessice "Chili" Chilton

Recurring Cast

Steven R. McQueen l Jimmy Borelli
Brian White l Dallas Patterson

Next Episodes

4x01 - Let it Burn - October 13th (10pm)
PROMO ♣ STILLS ♣ SNEAK PEEKS
Written by: TBA

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 07-29-2015 at 12:17 AM
Old 05-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

I opened the thread a little sooner by mistake. Sorry.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 05-10-2015 at 09:46 AM
Old 05-13-2015, 01:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

We can post on this one now.

Icon by Me
Old 05-13-2015, 08:33 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I opened the thread a little sooner by mistake. Sorry.
No worries.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Chicago Fire scoop on next season

We knew we were taking a big swing but I think that you've got to trust the fact that you're going to land on the other side of it," Matt Olmstead tells THR.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for the Chicago Fire season three finale, "Spartacus."]

[Warning: Spoilers ahead for the Chicago Fire season three finale, "Spartacus."]

Dawson (Monica Raymund) appeared to get some very surprising news regarding her and Casey's future on Tuesday's Chicago Fire season three finale, but unfortunately Casey (Jesse Spencer) was nowhere to be found. In the final moments of the episode, Dawson took a pregnancy test. However, the results weren't shown and when she went to reveal the results to Casey, he was missing and strip club employee Katia was dead.

So where do they go from here? "We're not sure. There are a couple scenarios we are actively debating in the room right now," showrunner Matt Olmstead tells The Hollywood Reporter. "But the stone that we dropped in the pond so to speak at the end of the season; the mere fact that we're in the room having a robust discussion about what those ramifications could be was a good sign that we're onto something. It's better to have a couple different possibilities even though there are pros and cons to everything rather than to play it safe and have the relationship fizzles out and they go on Match.com and date other people. We knew we were taking a big swing but I think that you've got to trust the fact that you're going to land on the other side of it. You just have to be ambitious and bold and take chances, which is what we're doing."

Although Olmstead was tight-lipped about exactly what's ahead for the two, he did open up about that other shocking development: the crossover hookup between Chicago Fire's Brett (Kara Killmer) and Chicago P.D.'s Roman (Brian Geraghty). Olmstead talked with The Hollywood Reporter about the decision to pair Brett and Roman, why a proposed romance between Brett and Severide (Taylor Kinney) was scrapped and what else is in store for season four.

When did that idea come about to put these two people together?

We always look at each board on each show and look at potential romantic pairings. You can't do it too often because there are ramifications; people work together, things like that. Then we look at potential romantic pairings connecting the two shows and obviously we dealt with Severide and Lindsay, we did it and continue to do it with Mouch and Platt, and we just wanted to look again at is there anything coming up in terms of going to that possibility. We were looking at Brett. She had a relationship with Cruz but is free right now. It's a little bit dangerous to have her date someone else that's in the house because there are ramifications to that. How will Cruz react? We've already played that Dawson's dated a couple of people in the house so there's a sameness to that. We started looking at P.D. and at P.D., we have the Roman character who had an ex-girlfriend so then he's available. Then we were like, what would that be like? The possibility of the chemistry really jumped out at us and so that's where we wanted to go. It's a button within the finale and we'll see where it goes next season.

Why do these two gravitate towards each other?

With Brett, we wrote that Severide – when he was starting to spin out a little bit – kind of reflexively went over to her and asked her to go to Vegas. She's just not that kind of girl. So she's a little cautious when it comes to dating, having gotten out of a long-term relationship. As evidenced by her dating Cruz, she just wants a good guy. The guy she was engaged to was a bit of cad. With Roman, we've established that he really likes being in uniform, doesn't like to play the politics of Intelligence upstairs and so they're both liberated at the moment. I think they both appreciate a good person as opposed to just looking for a roll in the hay. There's just something about what these actors bring to these roles that it made conducive to this relationship.

What kind of obstacles will they face next season?

One of them is people getting in their business, which I think both have experienced before. They don't care for it. There are two sides of it. One of them is it's cool that they're not dating someone within their firehouse or their district, but it's still a small world. And then, as oftentimes happens in those relationships, when you start caring about somebody, you start worrying about them on their job. She's a paramedic and he's a uniform cop and so dealing with that layer of concern in terms of what they do for a living, but we want to play it as a fun relationship. They're both ready for something like that in their lives. Again, we'll see how it plays but we hope that it's going to play great.

You brought up Cruz [Joe Minoso] earlier. Is he going to find out soon? How will he react to the news?

We had explored a romance between Severide and Brett later in the season and a couple of times we had put it up on blocks and examined what that would look like. Obviously, its easier to have a romance between two people on the same show because you get day in, day out, scene in, scene out conflict, romance, the whole thing, and then there's ramifications to other people who you can play. But then it started to look bad on Severide in terms of moving in on Brett knowing that she had dated Cruz. It made Cruz look bad in terms of being the bridesmaid once again essentially and the girl he likes jumps towards the playboy of the house, and then it made her not look that great, in terms of presenting her a certain way and then she chucks it out the window for a fling with Severide. So we got a lot initially when we were exploring it but then we realized that the bill afterwards was going to be too great so we scratched that and decided to go with Roman. What that does is it protects everybody. It protects Severide because he's not being predatory towards Brett. It protects Cruz because she's at least being respectful not to date somebody within the house. She's going outside of it and at that point, he can't ask for anything more. If he did, he'd be a chump. She's living her life. He's living his life.

Does this lead to a double date with Mouch [Fire's Christian Stole] and Platt [P.D.'s Amy Morton]?

That's so funny. That's on the board for next season. Absolutely.

Is there a theme for season four?

[There are] shifts within the firehouse that you're going to see at the end of this season and at the beginning of next season in terms of personnel and people having some new roles within the firehouse and within their personal lives; people getting knocked out of their comfort zone a little bit and seeing how they react to it.

Is there any particular new role you're excited about?

We're excited about bringing in a new candidate to the firehouse, which we're going to cast and look for. It's another opportunity to bring in new blood with the graduation of characters and the Mills character going off. It opens up a spot for a new character, a new candidate and we're tossing around ideas right now about who that character will be. It's always cool to have a character walk in who has no idea what they're walking into. It's almost like an audience surrogate, the audience experiences what the character experiences because everything is new to them.
'Chicago Fire' Boss on the Surprise Finale Hookup, That "Ambitious" Casey-Dawson Twist - The Hollywood Reporter
Old 05-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

^^I posted the interview on the last thread. Thanks for bringing it up again

Interesting that they wanted for Severide and Sylvie to happen.

New candidate next season.

More of Brett/Roman.

Baby Dawsey! Am I the only one who thinks Casey is going to be framed for Katya's murder?

Derek Haas did an Q&A today.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
TVLINE | Are we to assume that Casey’s been kidnapped or that he’s being framed for Katya’s murder?
Maybe both. We left it open, and we have a couple ideas on the board — a combination of that or one of [those].

TVLINE | Can we at least cross off that Katya was there for personal reasons? Because there was a little bit of a connection between her and Casey.
There was. Her going there for help and being at the wrong place at the wrong time is a possibility. Her being forced to go there and try to lure him out is a possibility. Getting all the participants in one room and trying to see what’s going on and it going south is another possibility.

TVLINE | But she wasn’t there for romantic reasons?
No. We wanted to play a little flirtation more so on her part, but we never fully wanted to go down that road.

TVLINE | Gabby went over to Casey’s to tell him she’s pregnant. What’s the policy on pregnant firefighters?
It’s interesting, because they can’t be a firefighter. They’ll fall back to Ambo. The alternative is getting a desk job in the fire department while you’re still pregnant. So of the many things she’s dealing with is the fact that she’d have to be reassigned off the truck.

TVLINE | Despite the fact that this could potentially jeopardize her job, is it at least a blessing in that it might bring her and Casey back together?

Strangely enough, that’s the least of her considerations. The first thought in her head isn’t, “Oh, great. This will bring us back together.” The first thought is, “OK, I’ve got to deal with this. And I’m going to go inform a guy that, obviously, I loved” – and she loves still in a sense – “but we’re not together anymore. So I don’t want him to make any decisions based on an external impetus.” She’s just too proud. So if there’s a point where she believed that he wants back the relationship on his own terms, I think she’d go for it. But this isn’t Little House on the Prairie where, “I’m not going to survive unless there’s a man in the house.”

TVLINE | Can you hint about what Casey’s reaction to the news would be?
He’d try to downplay his shock and right away be protective and say, “Great, what are we going to do? Let’s get married. What do you need me to do?” It’s not like, “Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Then [he would] figure out his own feelings about it later.

TVLINE | How mad is Gabby going to be at Antonio for what’s happened to Casey?
There is some blame to go around, especially as it relates to Voight. Voight goes and gets Casey to step up, and it goes south. I don’t think even Voight knows the full depth of what’s going on in this place. Everybody’s pointing the finger, but no one was fully formed. But that’s to be dealt with down the road. Obviously, the first concern is: Where’s Casey?

Chicago Fire Season 4 SpoilersTVLINE | You had some new cast additions this season, one of whom — Rice — left. Can we expect Chili (played by Dora Madison Burge) to stick around permanently next season?

Yeah, for sure. I love what the actress is bringing. We all do.

TVLINE | It feels like you’ve finally filled all the slots, but will there be some more shifting of job positions?
We’ll have room for a new candidate to come into Truck, but beyond that, it gets a little too musical chairs. We want to settle down with the current roster.

TVLINE | Will the Brett-and-Roman romance continue between the two shows next season?

Yeah. We spent some time in both rooms before we broke for hiatus, and there’s some cool stories that came from those two. So we are setting them up as a couple.
‘Chicago Fire’ Season 4 Spoilers — Gabby Pregnant, Casey Kidnapped or Framed? | TVLine

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

why not just frame dawson for the murder? let's make it as unrealistic as possible. oy!
Old 05-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
why not just frame dawson for the murder? let's make it as unrealistic as possible. oy!
You think framing Casey in unrealistic? It's completely not. Even with him working undercover, it there are evidences....he's toasted!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You think framing Casey in unrealistic? It's completely not. Even with him working undercover, it there are evidences....he's toasted!
Even if he does get framed, you know Voight and Antonio are going to do everything to prove him innocent.

Steph | tumblr
Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm glad that the turnover rate is going to stop and they are settling down with the roster. Honestly, it has become musical chairs and it's pointless. Yes, turnover does happen in a firehouse, but to get rid of people to shake things up confuses everyone. It's a TV show, and people get attached to the characters. I can't believe it took Olmstead three years to realize and state the obvious. The last piece of the puzzle is to remove Casey as Lieutenant give Herrmann a chance in that role. I still think that will happen episode 1 season 4 and onward.

In addition, if Olmstead is going over ways to solve the cliffhanger now to the press, you can bet that it won't be one of those scenarios he presented. And the fact that Olmstead is so willing to tell us how Casey would want to be a parent means we should assume the worst.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i stopped watching pd because i don't care about their lame crime cases anymore. now they are on fire, thus yes, a show about a fire department dealing with undercover informants and unrelated fire murders is unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5 (View Post)
Even if he does get framed, you know Voight and Antonio are going to do everything to prove him innocent.
yep. in one ep, poof, all is ok in fantasy land!
Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5 (View Post)
I know. And they should. What kind of cop has a convo right in the open with someone working undercover? And where the hell were they? Weren't they supposed to protect Casey?

CFFan1
Except that another scenario would be completely out of character. I'd like to think that Olmstead knows his characters enough. I'm expecting it to play exactly like he said. Cause that's how Matt is. Right now, he's just giving possible ideas, nothing is set in the stone.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 05-13-2015 at 09:56 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I know. And they should. What kind of cops has a convo right in the open with someone working undercover? And where the hell were they? Weren't they supposed to protect Casey?
Exactly, Nesbitt was never going to believe the 'construction crew' line Casey tried to give him. But I guess the reason they weren't there to protect him is just to provide the cliffhanger.

Steph | tumblr
Old 05-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

I was thinking that since Gabby can't work as a firefighter while pregnant, I'd love to see her work with Chaplain Orlovsky. I liked the very few interactions we had with them.

It could mean nothing but Michael Brandt has been retweeted lots of tweets about people wanting Tommy Welsh back next season. With the nex candidate taking Dawson's place and Cruz on Squad, they could always add Welsh on Truck 81. Plus, with Casey being MIA...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread