Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm in love with her hand-writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It probably is the best decision. Although I will miss the show, because good or bad, it was nice entertainment.

But it's very bizarre that ABC took the hit with major backlash, and took the giant task of renegotiating major contracts only for the network to turn around and cut the show. That is the second most bewildering next to how they handle the debacle with Kelly Ripa.

Why? I know the backlash was large. But they owned the show, so it made them money.

They they made the public demising of Stana for nothing.

Very bizarre.

Whether it is the better choice to cancel or not.
I think it's all about saving face while they still can They would have faced a lot more backlash if they ended up doing the show without Stana and would ultimately only make a bit more. Guess they figured that the additional money they'd make is not worth losing image/reputation wise which can potentially have a longer lasting effect.

The info about Stana and Tamala leaked, it wasn't the network who made it public, they had nothing to gain from announcing it so early.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Old 05-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I'm in love with her hand-writing.

I think it's all about saving face while they still can They would have faced a lot more backlash if they ended up doing the show without Stana and would ultimately only make a bit more. Guess they figured that the additional money they'd make is not worth losing image/reputation wise which can potentially have a longer lasting effect.

The info about Stana and Tamala leaked, it wasn't the network who made it public, they had nothing to gain from announcing it so early.
Nah. Because at the end of the day it's still a business. So what if they burned themselves with the internet crowd who follows all. The casual audience doesn't know what goes down, or cares. They care about the show...

Now it was risky. But it seems very bizarre that they went through it. When they could have cut the losses and just cancelled the show, and no one would know...

But they went through a very public renewal period where two very credible organizations said that new contracts were hashed out. You wouldn't go through the process of hashing out new deals if you didn't have word that ABC was keen to bring it back...

If they thought they could make money from a rebooted version of the show. All the backlash wouldn't matter.

Witness FOX with their horrible decision to renew Sleepy Hollow despite axing it's lead actress, and there was massive backlash to that also... Of course, FOX has massive other issues with their shows.

But ABC is no different. They are leaking with most of their lineup... So I am curious why?

Because of how established Castle is... Any episodes added to the overall Castle syndication package means more in the end!

It was a wise decision because you now don't have to deal with a Castle without Kate. But it seems very bizarre...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Never did I think the show would end like this back in season 4.

I am happy it is cancelled. Even story wise it was time. I just wish Andrew and terri were still in charge. Yes I know even season 6 there last season was a mess but still they knew the direction they wanted to take and for it to end like this is just sad.

I remember an interview of Nathan a while back. It has always stuck with me since 2012 and it is why I am so shocked with all this now. What he talks about here at the end is exactly what happened it died a slow death.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

i am relieved they didn't try to keep it going.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 AM
MST Manager

I will close this thread in a few days.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I wasn't a big fan of the series finale. Why couldn't the writers take out the scene where they get home and then got shot. The flash forward felt like a after thought and I would of like to know what happened to the other characters.

It seems like the network wanted to keep the show going but they didn't have the money for it and that in the long run it wouldn't of been a good fit with the rest of the line up.

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 05-17-2016 at 01:20 PM
Old 05-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
I wasn't a big fan of the series finale. Why couldn't the writers take out the scene where they get home and then got shot. The flash forward felt like a after thought and I would of like to know what happened to the other characters.

It seems like the network wanted to keep the show going but they didn't have the money for it and that in the long run it wouldn't of been a good fit with the rest of the line up.
It definitely wasn't designed to be a series finale. Not even close. But they had the presence to design a final scene they could put at the tale end, if indeed their was a series finale.

I don't think they wanted to take out the shots fired scene at home because it was a way to show them ready to die by each other's sides. Kate crawling to take his hand.

We know if the show had lived, Kate would have died. Rick likely survived his injuries.

There was no closure with the others. Although we assume they continued to work at the precinct.

There was reason to believe Lanie was going to get some closure in this episode. But nothing was evident. So she was probably sticking around.

The question is if Kate stayed a cop. They had three kids in the seven years. With the daughter looking like she was school age, while the boys were little younger. So did she go into politics... Which tells me they had a child within the next year or two...
Old 05-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't mind it overall, compared to some other finales (for shows who knew it was their finale season), this one was actually good and gave the fans what they wanted. It was basically a homeage to the core of the show, Castle and Beckett's love. It was just sloppily edited, they should have cut the shooting scene, it was unnecessary and made no sense paired with the flashforward scene.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It definitely wasn't designed to be a series finale. Not even close. But they had the presence to design a final scene they could put at the tale end, if indeed their was a series finale.
It turned out to be a wise decision.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I didn't mind it overall, compared to some other finales (for shows who knew it was their finale season), this one was actually good and gave the fans what they wanted. It was basically a homeage to the core of the show, Castle and Beckett's love. It was just sloppily edited, they should have cut the shooting scene, it was unnecessary and made no sense paired with the flashforward scene.
I almost had to wonder if it was all a dream as they were laying their dying.... As they laid there, it started to pan to the future before revealing the ending...

Obviously they were angling for another season, and had the ending designed to insert because they didn't know. They needed to give a little closure. One that left them happy together...

They had to leave the shots fired at the apartment in, because it allowed them to show them ready to die together.

But because the show was ending, they needed to show the "happily ever" scene. But I agree, the way they did it was sloppy because it show them "dying", and then presto it's seven years in the future...

Obviously they were operating under the assumption they could eek out another season, so they stupidly didn't wrap up Lokstat last week. Instead they used the finale, when they could have delivered a true series finale but leave enough crumbs if the show continued on...

But it did enough to satisfy fans in that you know they ended up together, and had children in the future...
Old 05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
MST Manager

Since this TV show has been cancelled, I am closing this thread. Thanks for being here with us at Spoilers.