Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree the PTSD is too late to do. If they want to keep Alexis in the script that's fine but write something that fits. Let her have a normal boyfriend or at least someone that is not so annoying to come over for dinner. There are murders everyday in New York, surely there could be one that Alexis knows a relative of, to draw her in the script that way. Have a bridal shower... a wedding, Thanksgiving, Christmas there are lots of different stories that can involve her without going backwards.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
Molly Quinn did a panel and one of her questions was Castle related. She said Alexis would suffer from PTSD from her kidnapping. Since they didnt tackle it last season and now with whatever happens to Castle, it's apparently all coming back this season.
It is a stretch, although I sorta can buy it if you add all that Pi stuff last year and fighting her father over the relationship and then crawling back later and having to admit that it didn't work out. I can buy that you can add it to the fall out from the kidnapping. Because only weeks later did she leave for the summer, and meet Pi.

And now add in all that happens to Richard. Thinking your dad might be dead could be big for Alexis. Even if he is found quickly...

Of course it gives Molly a story for the first half which she is usually heavily involved in because doesn't the actress go to university in real life, so late fall and early winter Alexis usually becomes less seen. But in the first months because it's filmed in summer and September, she's seen more... and gives Alexis something to do.

So I can sorta understand and will see how it shows up on screen...

But the show so doesn't think through their storylines. One would bring up Kate's secret marriage when Alexis was battling her father about living with a boyfriend. Not a peep from Kate to show the wisdom of not rushing. Or Richard to see that it will eventually fall apart so not fight it!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm not gonna comment on that one other than: Molly

castle-season-7-video-molly-quinn-alexis-kate-tension/
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Oh boy, that sure doesn't make things easier for Alexis to get some brownie points...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

After watching that clip I can understand the .

It was Pi that no one liked not the fact she had a boyfriend. She thinks people want to see more of her alone seriously? I think she should go back to college. I certainly do not want to see her fight with KB. I would like to see Castle and Beckett get their own place.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like the see at least a couple of eps where Alexis is heavily involved, just no kidnappings please.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialeigh (View Post)
After watching that clip I can understand the .

It was Pi that no one liked not the fact she had a boyfriend. She thinks people want to see more of her alone seriously? I think she should go back to college. I certainly do not want to see her fight with KB. I would like to see Castle and Beckett get their own place.
and the way Alexis behaved towards her father. I couldn't care less about Pi. I found him even funny at times. Mrs C to be for example. He was a good guy but Alexis was the one that got on my nerves and pissed me off.

I mean I get it. What else is Molly supposed to say? She loves her character, wants more to do on the show and all that. So yeah she defends it, thinks it was good storytelling but sometimes I think she is either watching a different show or she is not watching the final product we get to see.

Beckett and Alexis have a funny relationship - ehm really ? They had this heart to heart last season - what did I miss ? You are not seriously talking about the hug ? Beckett telling her to throw her dad a bone and not be so hard on him and move back in? That had nothing to do with their relationship and how they stand to each other.

Instead of building up some bonds last season since hello you are gonna be a family and if you care so much about your dad, you should maybe reach out to Beckett and Beckett to her. Continue to bond over whatever happens to Castle instead of playing the blaming game all over again.

Why is she blaming Kate anyway ? They weren't on a case. Bracken was taken care off. He drove the car into a ditch, he is missing - nothing of this is Beckett's fault. If something had happened to him on a case, I'll get that but this now ?

And is she moving in full time again ? Not going back to college ? Oh yeah I forgot now that Pi is gone they need someone else barging in to prevent us from seeing something remotely intimate and romantic between Caskett
Old 07-30-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I'd like the see at least a couple of eps where Alexis is heavily involved, just no kidnappings please.
Yeah one of the one of the things I miss from the beginning of the series when both Alexis and Martha was seen much more than they are now. Especially Alexis. I love seeing Richard in Daddy mode.

I don't see why Alexis gets so much hate or Molly for some of her opinions of the show. I grant you Alexis WAS a brat last year with the mess with Pi, but she's young and thinks she was in love and her father was disapproving and she felt the need to fight and be rebellious. She might have went too far, but she realized her error... And Molly has her opinions. She doesn't write the show. Just like fans see their own viewpoint from the show and can fanwak to their heart contentment about certain decisions, and maybe Molly knows about scenes that didn't end in the show. Who knows.

Quote:
and the way Alexis behaved towards her father. I couldn't care less about Pi. I found him even funny at times. Mrs C to be for example. He was a good guy but Alexis was the one that got on my nerves and pissed me off.
To me she was a college girl, in her real big relationship and young. Richard was married and had Alexis young. Alexis is trying to figure out her own life. I can see where Richard was coming from, and Alexis didn't help matters with how she behaved. Pi really wasn't that bad, they didn't break up because he was bad news... it's just that Alexis was drifting away and decided to end it.

Quote:
I mean I get it. What else is Molly supposed to say? She loves her character, wants more to do on the show and all that. So yeah she defends it, thinks it was good storytelling but sometimes I think she is either watching a different show or she is not watching the final product we get to see.
As I said, just like fans see their own viewpoint in shows and sometimes very different from what yet another fan sees in the same story. I can see where Molly and other actors are the same thing. Of course she works on the show and knows what ends up on screen, and what might be cut out.

Quote:
Beckett and Alexis have a funny relationship - ehm really ? They had this heart to heart last season - what did I miss ? You are not seriously talking about the hug ? Beckett telling her to throw her dad a bone and not be so hard on him and move back in? That had nothing to do with their relationship and how they stand to each other.
Agreed. The fact is that the Alexis and Kate dynamic was very unexamined given how serious Richard was about Kate. We really never saw them interacting. Sure Alexis was in high school and college by the time things shifted. But I felt it should have been looked into more... Given we are talking about her father wanting to move on with Kate. And marry her... I know having Kate as a step mother is very different because she is older than when Richard married before... But still, one of the lesser issues with Castle is that they don't look at the supporting characters or stories...

Quote:
Why is she blaming Kate anyway ? They weren't on a case. Bracken was taken care off. He drove the car into a ditch, he is missing - nothing of this is Beckett's fault. If something had happened to him on a case, I'll get that but this now ?
Hard to know. We will know more in the premiere. I can see why there is tension. Her father is missing/dead. So that is a very stressful time. They don't know why, if it's related to Bracken or another case (we have been told Bracken is finished, so it's likely a new case)
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Jasper - Your entire post is GOLD. Agree with everything you've said. It makes total sense to me that Alexis would want to lash out & blame Kate for her Dad's disappearance. No, it's not her fault, but when tragic things happen, people get emotional & lash out, kinda like Josh blaming Castle for Kate getting shot. It's not as if it won't ever get resolved. Tension is good IMO, it keeps things interesting.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Set pictures

Drying Paint and On the set of Castle

Quote:
Larissa @lahfurr · 5h

in this scene castle and alexis are supposed to be going to a bank in Quebec. they put up a Canadian flag on the bank pictures
Quebec ? What the....

Last edited by Cappuccino; 08-01-2014 at 12:57 AM
Old 08-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We know Castle was taken so a ransom is not out of the question?
Old 08-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

CASTLE: Andrew Marlowe and David Amann on Opening Up a New Mythology, Dream Guest Stars, and More

Quote:
What can you preview about the premiere?
David Amann: It’s going to be dealing with the aftermath of what happened in the season finale. We have some really intriguing questions that are going to arise from this about what happened to Castle. So we’re going to raise some interesting questions for the next couple of episodes in terms of what happened to Castle and why. It opens us up for some great mythology opportunities for CASTLE that we’ll also be probably revisiting later in the season.

What can you tease about the state Castle will be in when we see him in the premiere?

Andrew Marlowe: In the opening episode, we’re going to be dealing with what happened to Castle, and the ramifications of it are something we’re going to be dealing with through the course of the season.

In the first couple of episodes, we will be wrestling with the questions of what happened to Castle, and it’s important for us to communicate to the fans that we’re not doing anything to radically alter the trajectory of the Castle/Beckett relationship. These are two people who are very much in love, who are going to be challenged by something here, but we’re not saying this is going to tear them apart or anything. It’s just a new set of circumstances that is going to create a mystery that is going to be part of the upcoming season.

The whole season isn’t going to be filled up with it, though. We’re going to deal with it in the first couple of episodes, we’re going to get back to the kinds of CASTLE episodes that we all know and love and expect, with a relationship that has deeper understanding, and also deeper curiosity to it. And it’ll also take that relationship to a much more interesting place, we feel. And so we know the fans were a little bit like, “What are you guys doing?” We have something planned that we’re kind of excited about, and we hope that people come back and play along.
DA: When we get through episode two, we will resolve some questions of what happened to him, but not all of them. [The open questions] will be hanging out there in ways that can’t be pursued any further [for the meantime]. But our plan is that we will reopen it later on.
AM: Quite possibly in the [mid-season] two-parter.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Man, Canada? wtf?

And that interview sounds good - I still can't wait to watch the new season
I'm still holding out hope for that musical episode
Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Why would the prop department clean Kate's ring?
Old 08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

molly needs to stfu. Her interviews are always so OTT. They never gel with what is on screen. I take what she has to say with a grain of salt.