Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialeigh (View Post)
So they are going to break them up at least temporarily from the sound of it. Is she going to drop him as a partner as well as a finace. Maybe they are going back to the start and do everything all over again.
Way to take it to the extreme.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorialeigh (View Post)
Amann says

So what has Castle done that Beckett didn't know about. He was very promiscuous before he met her and for a long time after he met her. So she already knows about that. He gambled usually with his writer friends, but he was known in Vegas, did he upset the wrong guy like the Russian in season 2? Did he break the law during his research.
When the show started, Martha had just moved in with them, and Alexis never had a nanny, so he was looking after a child which makes me believe whatever it is, happened after he started shadowing Beckett. So what could be so unsettling. Was he leading a secret life? Is she going to arrest him again?

So they are going to break them up at least temporarily from the sound of it. Is she going to drop him as a partner as well as a finace. Maybe they are going back to the start and do everything all over again.
I don't think they are going to break them up but whatever happened to Castle and the question is he involved in it or not and whatever "new secret past" comes to light might put a damper on things. I mean they sure kept her apartment around for a reason last season. They might pull a little Ross&Rachel here

I'm not thrilled about ANY of the spoilers we got so far.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they would break them up. Just like it's a no go for BONES at this point (and especially now that they have married Brennan and Booth) for Castle, and especially after the major debacle with fans over the season finale. You got to think they would realize a breakup is no go at this point. Or at least not on top of the mess cliché season finale...

But it doesn't sound like the wedding is coming up. Dealing of the fallout of the botched wedding and whatever Castle went through will be in order.

While I cringe at the idea of Kate not liking things she finds out. She's so far into the relationship, there shouldn't be brand new things. Of course Castle has always been more a mystery than Beckett. For years the show concentrated on Kate's backstory at the expense of Castles except for the initial he was married twice before and has complicated relationships with both ex's while completely raising Alexis as a single father.

They have introduced his sketchy biological father. So there is bound to be stuff we don't know.

But then they need new angst for the couple. But no, I don't think there will be any breakup, temporary or long-term for them. Just the wedding will be postponed probably until next spring as they deal with the new fallout!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!

Last edited by Jasper1975; 07-23-2014 at 09:57 AM
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Just the wedding will be postponed probably until next spring as they deal with the new fallout!
this is my theory as well.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

My first was break-up as well... because of how they worded it. All hell will break lose, I tell ya, if that's true.

And I'm so annoyed by the new mythology thing. They don't need another villain/enemy. They've got enough as it is, especially if this is the last season (so far I'm preparing myself for it to be the last).

These spoilers didn't sit right with me, either. The others we got were ok.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Amann said "I don't think what happened to Castle is going to disrupt the trajectory of that relationship, at least not in the long term."

I don't know what else you can make of it, if it's not going to disrupt the trajectory of that relationship in the long term, what is it going to do in the short term. It just seems to me that they are going to keep putting obstacles in the way of their marriage, I guess in hopes of re-capturing some of the magic from the earlier seasons.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

There is a whole spectrum of "disrupting the trajectory" in the short-term, from making him sleep on the couch (a 1% change in trajectory) to breaking up with him and refusing to work with him (a 180% change in trajectory).
Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

The entire "we have to delay the wedding no matter what" concept is stupid and lost on me. Why the hell can't they be married and go on like they have before ? What's the big freaking deal ? So they are wearing rings and have a piece of paper in the drawer If they didn't want them married yet why the hell did they go down the route anyway ? Why have Castle propose in the first place ? Oh yeah right because that's how it works on EVERY SINGLE tv show known to men. After a year the guy has to pop the big question And why the hell can't they explore Castle "new secret past" as a married couple ? Are they honestly trying to give me another "oh I don't know if I can trust the relationship and Castle" Beckett like in season 5 ? That was boring, overdone and pointless before and won't be more interesting now.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbtftw (View Post)
There is a whole spectrum of "disrupting the trajectory" in the short-term, from making him sleep on the couch (a 1% change in trajectory) to breaking up with him and refusing to work with him (a 180% change in trajectory).
I 100% agree with you, a short term change in the trajectory of the relationship sounds nothing like a break up to me

I just want you
Old 07-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbtftw (View Post)
Nah, it speaks to not getting married the minute Castle is free. I doubt they would do a breakup on top of that ridiculous cliché finale. I don't think they can redo "refusing to work or having qualms about working with him". They are too far into their working relationship plus romantic life. Of course there could be conflict, fights, but I doubt there will be a traditional breakup.

Just the angst will post-pone or cancel the wedding (redoing another plot from Bones) until they decide in mid season to get married, and the wedding will replanned for the spring.

Quote:
The entire "we have to delay the wedding no matter what" concept is stupid and lost on me. Why the hell can't they be married and go on like they have before ? What's the big freaking deal ? So they are wearing rings and have a piece of paper in the drawer If they didn't want them married yet why the hell did they go down the route anyway ? Why have Castle propose in the first place ? Oh yeah right because that's how it works on EVERY SINGLE tv show known to men. After a year the guy has to pop the big question And why the hell can't they explore Castle "new secret past" as a married couple ? Are they honestly trying to give me another "oh I don't know if I can trust the relationship and Castle" Beckett like in season 5 ? That was boring, overdone and pointless before and won't be more interesting now.
It's cliché at this point sure. And BONES proves you can marry them and still find conflict and angst along the way. But then BONES went to the wedding in Season 9 when they felt like they had pushed the audience to the breaking point at times. And then surprised everyone by doing it so early in the season.

With Castle, it's earlier in the run, and oh I am sure they could marry them and find plenty of conflict and angst because Castle has had so many bad experiences with marriage and just their personalities trying to mesh together fully committed to each other. But they probably think it's better to do angst before the wedding...

And if this is the final season (I believe they only have contracts up to the end, and it's not a shoo-in that Nathan would reup again), than plan the wedding for the end!

Or they might surprise us and get married sooner!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tv Line interview with Nathan at SDCC

[VIDEO] ‘Castle’ Season 7 Preview — Nathan Fillion, Car Crash, Wedding | TVLine

If you are interested in seeing him at the NerdQH panel today, head over to youtube. They'll have a live stream online.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-27-2014, 02:10 PM
MD7
Passionate Fan

23 episodes confirmed for this season
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Molly Quinn did a panel and one of her questions was Castle related. She said Alexis would suffer from PTSD from her kidnapping. Since they didnt tackle it last season and now with whatever happens to Castle, it's apparently all coming back this season.

Ehm can I just A little too late guys.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

See this is what is annoying me about Castle lately. Everything used to be so planned out and carefully done now it feel like with the Alexis thing they just seem to be doing it to make things fit. I would have been far more interesting later in season 5 and have kate and her bond over it but now

But tbh Molly says lots of things that never seem to come off on screen and it will probably be just a throw away sentence or two in a scene
Closed Thread   Post New Thread