Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

DB says the changes will be for the good, so hopefully whatever it is isn't too bad, he says it will just take some getting used to. I'm sure with all the FBI involvement, he will lose his job in some way.

I think either HH or SN said awhile back that this would cause BB to re-evaluate how their jobs affect their family. There is also suppose to be some discussion next season about expanding their family, which would be awesome but we would never see unless it goes 11 seasons.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan (View Post)
DB says the changes will be for the good, so hopefully whatever it is isn't too bad, he says it will just take some getting used to. I'm sure with all the FBI involvement, he will lose his job in some way.

I think either HH or SN said awhile back that this would cause BB to re-evaluate how their jobs affect their family. There is also suppose to be some discussion next season about expanding their family, which would be awesome but we would never see unless it goes 11 seasons.
I don't know. His health being in peril (Paralysis) or some other significant health blow could impact things for awhile, get in the way of their pairing with Brennan at work. They have made constant remarks over the years how much Booth has been injured, and all the impact his body has gone through. If something major happens, similar to the brain tumor that impacted him for good while...

Getting sacked from the FBI would put pairing in danger, but it's easily fixed by going to work somewhere else or getting his job back...

Depending on how the show does next year, and if they can get David to sign on for more. I could see the series ending next year with Brennan pregnant. So we don't see the next child, but we know they are adding on their family.

And if the show comes back, we will see it.

Whatever happens with Booth, this will definitely impact their family and make them reevaluate...

I am curious how much Hart or SN will do to get us screaming. They are married, together. And even if they have him close to death (it can't be as worse as last year and many other season finales. We know Booth will eventually live LOL.

Looking at Castle's season finale. I am not BONES could top the reaction from fans LOL.

Source: TVLINE.com

Quote:
Should we worry about Booth and Brennan’s marriage after the Bones finale (airing Monday)? –Maria
Um, maybe? “There’s a huge thing that happens at the end… that we’re not going to tell you about, but it changes everything — not only between Booth and Brennan, but also with Booth’s job, possibly Brennan’s job – I mean, everything,” Emily Deschanel warns. Adds scene partner David Boreanaz: “There is a lot of destructive forces that could come upon us, and we find out that there’s more to it than what meets the eye…. It puts [Booth and Brennan] in a different place, for sure.”
Maybe it's not his health LOL. There is still one entry to be filed at least in "workplace to be destroyed", could that be involved in why Booth gets hurt. Or happens to Brennan at the end. He starts to pull through, and she returns to work? And she's put in a situation that could cost her everything?

Given he was up for promotion, can't see how something happening that would cost him his job unless the office is destroyed? Or the Jeffersonian is?

And it puts them all in a new place come the fall!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!

Last edited by Jasper1975; 05-14-2014 at 12:06 PM
Old 05-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ew.com gives a sneak peak of the intense opener to the season finale...

Can't see it, or won't allow me to.

Sounds like we see the hospital at the beginning, and they either rewind and flashback to what happened. And the ending has nothing to do with Booth's health!

'Bones' sneak peek: Watch the show's most intense finale opener ever | Inside TV | EW.com

But I don't know for sure...
Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I can't see it either...it's just a blank spot where it should be Did Fox make them take if down maybe?

ETA: It wouldn't work on my iPad but did on my laptop! It's a more intense version of the TV promo!

I agree Jasper, I think it will be the beginning of the episode.

Last edited by Packfan; 05-15-2014 at 08:06 AM
Old 05-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't see it either...it's just a blank spot where it should be Did Fox make them take if down maybe?

ETA: It wouldn't work on my iPad but dud on my laptop!
It was a blank spot for me too before the video settled (but I am Canadian, so I can't see the video), so you might want to see if the site settles down and it might show then...

The image of the video is Brennan at the hospital wearing the outfit we see in the promo...
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another preview...

Source: TVLINE.com

http://tvline.com/2014/05/15/bones-s...an-conspiracy/

Looks like Booths' days at the FBI could be numbered? If he does get fired, wonder what that means for the show.

So I see it now. We see the hospital, and then flashaback to how it happened, then the aftermath and possible consequences...

Especially if Brennan might be involved in the cliffhanger? If it was tweeted that Brennan was put in a corner!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Would she have to choose between working with him vs at The Jeffersonian, especially if she helps Booth take out those men, or helps bring down those in the FBI responsible for all of this? Would they make her choose one or the other? That would also take her away from her friends. I thought I saw something where BB could be isolated for awhile.

I'm also wondering when we see Christine, she is listed in this ep. Could one of the sad scenes be Brennan taking her to the hospital to see Booth in case they think he won't make it? Will we see her talking to him?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Would she have to choose between working with him vs at The Jeffersonian, especially if she helps Booth take out those men, or helps bring down those in the FBI responsible for all of this? Would they make her choose one or the other? That would also take her away from her friends. I thought I saw something where BB could be isolated for awhile.

I'm also wondering when we see Christine, she is listed in this ep. Could one of the sad scenes be Brennan taking her to the hospital to see Booth in case they think he won't make it? Will we see her talking to him?
It does make Brennan's side a little more confusing if Booth were to lose his job? What does it do their team? Technically she's a employee of the Jeffersonian, and a consultant to the FBI. If they want to keep her services, that opens a quandary for her. Does she choose? Even though she technically Booth's partner, she has on occasion partnered with others (like Sully, Peratta, Sweets).

So if she continues, what does that mean to a jobless Booth who has no reason to be on the cases? And does the FBI want him back in the end!

Or does he end up at the CIA. And they change it to a CIA and Jeffersonian partnership? Which change up the type of cases...

Hmmm...

I hope we see Christine. I could see either Brennan returning home, and seeing her daughter and having to explain that Daddy is in the hospital.

Or taking her there...
Old 05-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uh oh...

Source: Tvguide.com/news

Quote:
Bones Star: The Finale "Changes Everything" for Booth and Brennan
Adam Bryant

The Ghost Killer may be dead on Bones, but she will continue to haunt Booth and Brennan during the Season 9 finale (Monday at 8/7c, Fox).

As Booth (David Boreanaz) prepares to be confirmed for his new role at the FBI during a congressional hearing, he receives a phone call from a conspiracy blogger who claims to have information linking the Ghost Killer's family —the McNamaras — to some FBI brass. Unfortunately, the blogger ends up dead before Booth and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) get a chance to connect the dots.

"Brennan thinks she's done with the Ghost Killer, but in an indirect way, she's not," Deschanel tells TVGuide.com. "When you get a phone call from a mysterious person talking about a conspiracy and they end up dead, it's very suspicious." Adds executive producerStephen Nathan: "They uncover what appears to be a conspiracy that is far, far larger than the Ghost Killer. What we wanted to do, because we have been dealing with serial killers on a relatively regular basis on the show, was take this in another direction and make this rabbit hole that they're falling down far more nefarious and conspiratorial than we have ever seen before."

As Brennan investigates the blogger's cause of death, Booth digs deeper into the McNamara-FBI connection. But for obvious reasons, Booth must keep his work quiet. "He certainly is suspicious about the FBI and other government agencies," Deschanel says. "We start uncovering some pretty intense stuff. We have to keep it under wraps because we don't know who to trust at the FBI — or anywhere really."

And Booth's investigation into his own agency will take an emotional toll on him. "Booth is a guy who is incredibly honest, incredibly just and uncompromising, and I don't think he'll ever change," Nathan says. "But what we're doing is putting him up against a situation which is the opposite." Adds Deschanel: "Booth believes in his country and he believes in the FBI. He sees these as a few individuals who have abused their power. That doesn't shake his confidence in the bureau or his government ... but that doesn't mean he isn't willing to take those people down in whatever way possible. It becomes a hunt for these people, and Booth has to fight them."

Indeed, that intense firefight becomes the centerpiece of what is arguably the biggest, most action-packed finale the show has ever done. And Boreanaz was not only dodging bullets but he was also the man calling the shots behind the camera. "It's always a challenge to take on something like the season finale," Boreanaz says. "With this specific finale, there was so much information that we had to gather up and put out there in one 45-minute hit, it made it difficult and challenging. Whether it was dealing with the big huge hearing with Congress or an intense battle between other forces that could come in and jeopardize Bones and Booth's relationship... it definitely was draining. By the end of it, you're pretty exhausted."

And viewers may find themselves exhausted by the end as well. As these grim promos tease, Booth will be fighting for his life. "It all comes to a head, and it's pretty detrimental," Boreanaz says. "It puts them in a different place." Adds Deschanel: "I wouldn't categorize this as a happy ending. It changes everything. Booth always has faith that the good guy wins, but in this situation, it doesn't look good."

But Booth's survival isn't even the biggest question of the finale. In fact, it's the season's closing seconds that will have the most impact on what the show will look like in Season 10.

"Everything — Booth's work, Booth's relationship [with Brennan], and the direction of Booth and Brennan's life — will be called into question at the end of this season," Nathan says. "People will be changed by what has happened at the end of Season 9 and what will occur at the top of Season 10. The show as we all know it will continue; it will just continue in a different way."
Will both of them lose their jobs? LOL.

So it's connected to the Ghost Killer case.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Jasper, I was just coming over to post that. Bones Star: The Finale "Changes Everything" for Booth and Brennan - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I've included the link because there's a promo at the end of the article for those who haven't seen it. I am surprised they would show Booth being wheeled into the hospital like that---seems to give a lot away. Of course we know that Booth won't die, but the question is, what kind injuries did he sustain? Will there be any permanent damage? How will BB's life change because of what happens? Looks like it will be an incredibly intense episode, and I'm sure David will do his usual excellent job directing. Can't wait, although, once again, I can't believe we are already at the end of the season. Gosh it goes by so fast.

Last edited by spunks; 05-18-2014 at 02:35 PM
Old 05-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Thanks Jasper, I was just coming over to post that. Bones Star: The Finale "Changes Everything" for Booth and Brennan - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I've included the link because there's a promo at the end of the article for those who haven't seen it. I am surprised they would show Booth being wheeled into the hospital like that---seems to give a lot away. Of course we know that Booth won't die, but the question is, what kind injuries did he sustain? Will there be any permanent damage? How will BB's life change because of what happens? Looks like it will be an incredibly intense episode, and I'm sure David will do his usual excellent job directing. Can't wait, although, once again, I can't believe we are already at the end of the season. Gosh it goes by so fast.
Probably because it's probably not the whole story. The story is how it go there, and what happens next especially since the cliffhanger is supposed to be a doozy. So for them to show that Booth is not good shape. We all know he will survive. But I am curious what they could do to top it.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 05-19-2014, 07:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Happy Bones Day! Season finale....sniff....
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the spoilage.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if any other series has it's season finale still pending. But there is way to many openings on firings, resignations and such on TVLINE.com May Sweeps card not to think that BONES could have some jobs on the line...

Time jump and fatalities still has some entries to it. But then I haven't watch the Mentalist finale or Good Wife one yet... (And it doesn't look like the Scorecard has been update to take a look at last night's finales)

But given all we have heard about how next year is supposed to be different, or September is supposed to be different. Booth or Brennan's job could be on the line. And the Jeffersonian link or FBI link could be shut down!

I am curious if they will make us scream, or how they could...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread