Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Michael Lange ‏@mlthed
Such a great week on Bones. We had singing, we had dancing, we had rats! Ah Bones. Gotta love it.
This sound like this weeks episode of Castle. Let's hope it better.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the goodies!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 02-22-2016, 08:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Is anyone else annoyed with the wait they put us through.... i cant even get ecxcited about return
Old 02-23-2016, 05:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHockey (View Post)
Is anyone else annoyed with the wait they put us through.... i cant even get ecxcited about return
Early 2016 shows seem to all be getting the network shuffel. It is annoying. I want all my shows back.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Early 2016 shows seem to all be getting the network shuffel. It is annoying. I want all my shows back.
Actually it's true, the new season is seeing a lot of shows getting a multi month hiatus (almost in the cable model) where they have part A season and a part B season. It's just with network you mostly (if the show is established or a hit) a long season of at least 22 episode. Although Supergirl and Code Black got reduced episodes but a full season.

But when you think about it. FOX keeping BONES on ice longer is not that unusual. It's annoying sure. Especially since it will have not aired from December thru April.

But it's going longer into the summer to make up for the fact that it was benched for longer...

Actually there might be a benefit in that if it does get a miracle Season 12. The summer hiatus might not be so long, if BONES is airing into June or longer...

Since they have at least 12 episodes to air. Starting April 14. Although we might see more double episodes in June, once the regular season is over...

Blindspot which was one of NBC biggest stars of the new season got shafted big time. It's not coming back until next week, and hasn't been on the air since like November... How do you keep momentum if you're a new show, and getting a major hiatus.

At least FOX knows BONES has a loyal group of fans. And whether it ends with this last stretch of episodes. They know we'll be back when it does start reairring.

ETA: The lawsuit still is ungoing and doesn't seem to be getting resolved anytime soon...

But no news whether the negotiations are going well. They haven't labeled the last 12 episodes the final episodes yet...

So time will tell.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

‘Bones’ renewed for 12th and final season on FOX in 2016-17 | TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com
Old 02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks,

I'm so happy we got a final season. But I wonder why 12 and not 13 episodes
Old 02-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was suspecting that we might get a shortened final season. A way to close out the show right. But also to know there would be some more adventures to watch for...

I wonder if the 12 episodes is a word play. Season 12. 12 episodes conclusion.

And also wouldn't be surprised if the 12th episode is a two hour finale. To make 13 hours.

Now I am curious when they will schedule this? Will it comes back in the fall or be scheduled for the Winter, after Christmas. To be able to play without repeats or interruptions.

Without Idol. FOX would need more programming for the back end of the season.

The story from Tvline.com

Quote:
Bones Renewed for 12th and Final Season, Fox Promises Fans a 'Meaningful, Satisfying' Ending
By Michael Ausiello / February 25 2016, 12:30 PM PST

Fox is throwing Bones fans a pretty big you-know what.*

The network has renewed the long-running procedural for a 12th and final season, a move that will allow producers to map out a “meaningful and satisfying conclusion,” per Fox Co-Chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman.

TVLine has learned that the final season will consist of 12 episodes, which will bring the show’s final episode tally to a whopping 246.

“We couldn’t be more thrilled to have another season, so we can give the show, characters and fans the end they so richly deserve,” said executive producers and showrunners Jonathan Collier and Michael Peterson in a joint statement. “Also knowing there is a Season 12, we can now write the most rewarding Season 11 finale possible — one we hope will leave our fans excited for what’s to come in this final season of Bones.”

Added series creator Hart Hanson: “In times like these, marked by instability and doubt, it’s comforting to know the world can count on at least one dependable beacon of stability. Apparently, that beacon is Bones. It just shows what you can do with an amalgam of genius cast, amazing crew, cunning writers, stalwart studio, sweat, a tough economy, a mercurial network, determination, luck, magic, miracles and the most loyal audience in the world.”

Bones, meanwhile, will resume its current 11th season on Thursday, April 14 (8/7c) with an episode that picks up two months after the events of the fall finale, which found Hodgins paralyzed.
And

Source: Deadline.com

Quote:
Bones’ Gets 12-Episode Final Season On Fox, Stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Set To Return
by Nellie Andreeva •  tip

February 25, 2016 12:30pm

Fox’s Bones will be getting a final chapter. The network has renewed the long-running comedic procedural for a 12-episode farewell 12th season. Stars David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel have closed deals to return as the series’ leading duo of Booth and Brennan. Also set to come back as showrunners are Jonathan Collier and Michael Peterson, who took the reins of the show this season.

I hear the plan for a final season of Bones was put in motion in the first week of February when producing studio 20th Century Fox TV sent out offers to stars Boreanaz and Deschanel for a 12-episode 12th season. (Both actors’ current contracts are up at the end of Season 11). There was an almost immediate positive feedback from both actors, paving the way to a renewal. And after spending a couple of weeks buttoning up other aspects of the deal, the network is proceeding with the pickup, which will bring Bones‘ episode tally to 246 to rank as one of Fox’s longest-running series ever.

“In times like these, marked by instability and doubt, it’s comforting to know the world can count on at least one dependable beacon of stability. Apparently, that beacon is Bones,” said creator and executive producer Hart Hanson. “It just shows what you can do with an amalgam of genius cast, amazing crew, cunning writers, stalwart studio, sweat, a tough economy, a mercurial network, determination, luck, magic, miracles and the most loyal audience in the world.”

At TCA last month, Fox chairman Dana Walden stressed that the network would not go forward with another season of Bones without Boreanaz and Deschanel and noted that the ongoing litigation by two Bones producers and its stars would have no impact on the renewal.

Walden and fellow Fox chairman Newman have deep ties to Bones, which they developed and produced while running 20th TV before also taking over the network a year and a half ago.

“Bones has been part of the fabric of our network and studio for over a decade, and during that time it has attracted one of the most devoted fan bases we’ve ever seen,” said Walden and Newman. “So it was extremely important to us and to Hart, the producers and the cast that we send the show off in a way that gives those loyal fans a meaningful and satisfying conclusion.”

Currently on hiatus Booth and Brennan, Bones returns for its Season 11 spring premiere on April 14, airing in the Thursday 8 PM slot.

“This is for the fans!,” Boreanaz said. “Thank you to everyone at Fox and of course Dana and Gary – for all your support. Thank you to Hart, Stephen, Ian, Michael and Jonathan. Also to the crew and cast for their countless support along the way! And I couldn’t have done it without you, Emily!”

Added Deschanel, “I am thrilled the show will have the ending it deserves for all of our amazing, loyal fans!.”

Bones hails from Far Field Productions and Josephson Entertainment in association with 20th TV. Creator Hanson executive produces with Barry Josephson, Stephen Nathan, Randy Zisk, as well as Collier & Peterson. Boreanaz and Deschanel are producers.

With a 12-episode final season, “we can give the show, characters and fans the end they so richly deserve,” Collier and Peterson said. “Also knowing there is a Season 12, we can now write the most rewarding Season 11 finale possible – one we hope will leave our fans excited for what’s to come in this final season of Bones.”

Last edited by Jasper1975; 02-25-2016 at 06:04 PM
Old 02-26-2016, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

So glad to hear the news about the final season. We are so lucky as fans, to get the proper ending both we and the show deserve. So many shows get canceled outright, and never have that kind of closure. Fox has proven itself to be very loyal to Bones, despite the nasty legal battle going on, (not to mention the pretty crappy ratings of late). Fox promised that the lawsuit would not affect Bones' renewal chances, and they kept their word. This is very unusual in show business as we all know.

It's been an amazing run, and I'm sure it will have a great finish. Nothing lasts forever, especially in this business. To last 12 seasons, is a record everyone connected to Bones should be very proud of. I am grateful for the memories and ready to move on.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We are very lucky to be able to see the show given a chance to close it out right. We know the show had a backup plan if the show did close up this year. But I am glad they got a chance to craft the right way to end the show. And give them time to craft instead of rushing to get it done.

Most shows don't get that chance. So we're very lucky, given how public the lawsuit was in the last few months. It shows that both the stars and network can work together. As was said, it's unusual given the accusations that terms could be made for more. So we're very lucky.

Just wish they had negotiated for four episodes. So the show could get to the magical 250 episode count. They close up at 246 if you add the final 12.

But we're very lucky they were able to negotiate, and both David and Emily were willing to come back and close it right...

Now I am curious how they will close up shop?

I sense that Hodgins will get back his ability to walk. Angela will get that second child, and they might relocate away from the danger. Hodgins will devote his life to his wife, children and inventions...

Cam will find her love life working out.

I am curious about Brennan and Booth. Will they relocate away from the danger, with their children. Or will the show end how it all began. Them battling crime. But we just won't see their continuing adventures...

I kinda hope the finale includes some flashforward in which we see the next generation Christine and Michael Vincent following in their parents paths...

I do think before the show closes up shop for good. They need to address the hanging dangling chad that is the Zack issue. I know Sweets is dead. But they don't have to bring up back for good. But address the issue! That he didn't actually kill... Maybe he can be released and have him move back to where his family is...
Old 02-26-2016, 03:23 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the latest news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHockey (View Post)
I can't even get excited about return

Neither am I.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Jeremy Roenick to Guest Star on Bones – TV Insider
Old 03-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I'm so excited I love bones

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the casting news.