Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You never know with Booth and Brennan. Especially in light of recent developments last season. But I doubt it would be more marriage trouble. Maybe the past revisiting itself. A old case coming back to haunt them... Or job offer or so... It all depends if this is the last season...

Source: Tvline.com

Quote:
Kim Raver Previews Bones Manhunt

By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 30 2015, 12:42 PM PDT

As Bones opens Season 11 this Thursday at 8/7c, someone is dead — which is, of course, B.A.U. for the Fox drama. But what’s new is that Seeley Booth shapes up to be a suspect in the slaying. Worse, he’s gone missing.

Jumping on the G-man’s trail is FBI Special Agent Grace Miller, played by Kim Raver, who knows a thing or two about racing against the clock in the name of justice, having spent a few “days” on 24.

“Booth is missing and she comes in to figure out what’s going on,” Raver previews. “And in her mind, all of the evidence sort of leads to him possibly being a suspect, which of course raises the hairs on everyone else’s backs.

“But for [Miller], Booth has not been the ‘perfect’ guy that everyone else sees him as,” the actress warns. “She rightfully brings up a lot of his past, and that’s where a lot of the contention comes in.”

Chief among those clashing with Miller’s theories is Booth’s wife Brennan, who usually is an advocate of cold, hard facts. But not this time. “It’s interesting, because Brennan as a character is very used to dealing with things that are beyond dispute,” Raver notes, “whereas in this case, the facts, laid out a certain way, might not be something she like seeing.”

“Because she has a personal involvement with the case, being her husband and all, it totally changes the game,” Raver adds.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks,

I really hope it not marriage problems. If the new shows are still not doing good by spring bones might come back and it seems like the new show runners don't want it to end. But it also depends on the main actors. Did they only sign a one year or two. B/c I know on Castle the main actress signed for one year.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
If you’re one of the many Bones fans that can’t get enough of Booth (David Boreanax) and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) then rest easy, because new co-showrunner Michael Peterson says the main couple is “definitely the focus coming into the season.” On a call with reporters on Wednesday, Peterson said the show’s “focus is 100% to have as much time as possible with Booth and Brennan,” in Season 11. After all, “that is the heart of the show,” he added before promising that “we will challenge ourselves to give as much screen time as possible,” to Bones central couple this year.

Peterson noted that Boreanaz advised him to rewatch early seasons of Bones when he took over as showrunner and doing so inspired some stories for Season 11. “Watching the pilot it talks a lot about the first book that Brennan’s character writes and how it’s inspired by each one of the characters on the show, and that led to a fun storyline that’s coming up in Episode 4 where there’s a twist in Brennan’s novel,” recalled Peterson. That story “leads to some pretty good back and forth between Booth and Brennan as a result,” he said.

But before Booth and Brennan can get to that point they must deal with a missing Booth in the first two episodes of the season. Guest star Kim Raver (24) is hot in pursuit of Booth as FBI Special Agent Grace Miller, who begins to question Booth’s motives, something the Bones gang is not used to seeing. “It’s interesting to come up against that because all of our characters do recognize Booth as the good man that he is and the hero at times. It’s interesting to have that dynamic where somebody comes from a totally different perspective and we’re almost having to defend him and what he’s done and what he does,” said Deschanel.

Other highlights that Bones fans can look forward to involves a return undercover for Brennan around Episode 9. “Emily will definitely be going undercover again this season and I think it’s going to be so good that maybe next year she’ll change her answer as far as what her favorite undercover episode is,” predicted Peterson. He also vowed that this time “it’s going to be a different version of undercover than we’ve ever done before.”

Finally Peterson previewed a major episode later this season, Episode 10 to be exact, that will greatly affect the other members of the team. “Hodgins and Angela in Episode 10, there will be a major shakeup for them and it will also be related to Aubrey,” he said. “That episode will be very interesting as far as how it’s going to change the trajectory of the rest of the season,” as well as feature “probably the biggest bad we’re going to come across.”

Any guesses on that one Bones fans? Are you excited to see more Booth and Brennan time? Sound off in the comments below!

Bones airs Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on Fox in the US and Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET on Global in Canada.
Bones showrunner promises a focus on Booth and Brennan in Season 11 - The TV Junkies
Old 10-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/bon...ement.html?m=1

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 10-01-2015 at 06:48 PM
Old 10-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What has Booth gotten himself into LOL? Something to avenge Jared maybe.

So I guess we finally got some backstory about what was up with Jared all these years...

Loved the flashbacks...

I want to know that little boy's name. Did I miss it? So cute. Glad David was able to film some scenes for the two parter...

You know Brennan is worried. She unloaded on Arastoo for a mistake that is not completely out of the realm to make.

Brennan and Christine are so cute together. Brennan is so raising her to be in her mini-me but loving too...

Only Brennan could have a baby, raise two kids, do side work for the Jeffersonian and write two books in six months LOL.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:40 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Source: Tvguide.com

Quote:
Is This the Last Season of Bones?
by Adam Bryant | Oct 1, 2015 11:36 AM EDT

Because of an 11th-hour renewal last year, Bones' Season 10 finale felt an awful lot like a series finale as Booth (David Boreanaz) and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) made the difficult decision to leave their increasingly dangerous jobs behind and focus on their (soon-to-expand) family.

Alas, Fox did renew the show, leaving new executive producers Jonathan Collier and Michael Peterson with a huge challenge: How would they honor their characters' decision to call it quits while still finding a way to bring the characters back from their retirement?

"It was a great way for us to reassess the show, and to really push hard and do a big noisy reset," Collier tells TVGuide.com. "We want to have something that really compels them to leave a track that they thought carefully about and chosen for themselves. They didn't leave work lightly." Adds Peterson: "What we've done is really embrace the idea this season that you can't escape your fate. They certainly tried their best to go to a quieter life, but at the end of the day, Booth and Brennan are who they are, and they're kind of made for this life whether they like it or not."

Of course, it's actually the danger that the duo was hoping to escape that brings them back to work. When Booth suddenly disappears, Brennan must prove both that Booth is not the set of charred remains discovered with his gun. But once she accomplishes that, she must answer another disturbing question: Is Booth a murder suspect?

Helping to solve that mystery is Special Agent Miller (guest star Kim Raver), who is assigned by Internal Investigations to get to the bottom of Booth's recent actions. "We've casually called her the Booth Hunter," Peterson says with a laugh. "She is the impartial view of it. She doesn't know what Booth has got himself into. Has he done something unlawful? Is he the victim? She doesn't know, and she doesn't care."

But Miller's search for the truth won't make her many friends -- especially Brennan, who for obvious reasons is less objective than she usually is on the job. "They absolutely clash," Peterson says. "We have two wonderful, strong, intelligent women, and we let them go head to head, and the results are just fantastic. Our people are strictly loyal to Booth, and that puts [Miller] in opposition, but she's strong enough to take on multiple people."

Regardless of what Booth is mixed up in, the bigger issue for Brennan might be Booth has been keeping secrets from her. While she has spent the past six months writing books, she believed Booth was simply teaching trainees at the FBI Academy. However, she soon learns his late nights have been devoted to another mission -- one that hits very close to home for the former sniper. It's that military background that constantly draws Booth back into the line of fire, Peterson says.

"Booth really is Superman to a degree," he says. "Whether or not Superman likes it, he cannot help but save people. If somebody is in danger, Booth is going to be the first man out there trying to save them, and when you understand that that is your character, it's a tough decision. He can't help who he is. He is the person who's going to save people, whether he likes it or not, whether or not he has a badge or not."

So, whatever happens to Booth over the course of the two-parter that begins Season 11, we know eventually he and Brennan will resume their old roles. But they will wrestle with going back to work? "I think it's hugely uneasy, and I would love to play that as much as we can the whole season," Peterson says. "It's such a fine balancing point to balance making sure that you're being safe for your family, but also being true to who you are." Adds Collier: "I don't think they're agonizing over having returned to work. If anything, this event proves to them that they're doing the right thing. They're returning to something they love and that fulfills them, but there will be emotional consequences to other things that happened during the year. We really want to challenge all of our characters this year, especially Brennan."

And just what does that mean? "Booth's past caught up with him last year, and something from Brennan might catch up with her more this year," Collier says. "It's really going to come from character, who she is, how she was brought up. It certainly has to do with the way she was raised and with people from her past."

On the other hand, Cam (Tamara Taylor) and Arastoo (Pej Vahdat) seem to be taking steps toward a new level of their relationship, and Angela (Michaela Conlin) and Hodgins (TJ Thyne) appear to be rather satisfied with their decision not to move Paris. "They made the right decision, and it's going to work out in the beginning in every possible way," Peterson says. "They really are kind of the anchor while Booth and Brennan are going through all their turmoil. Same with Cam and Arastoo."

But, as always, the new showrunners insist that they don't have any plans to cause long-term upheaval for their core couple. "It's really thematically about where you belong in life," Collier says. "Booth and Brennan are fulfilling a destiny. They're these tremendous characters who are seemingly opposites who belong together and are attracted to each other, and they were meant to be together. That's the DNA of the show, so I think it's about following your fate and embracing it."

But how much more of Bones does fate have in store? After all the shenanigans last season, the writers say they are prepared for anything, but they are not approaching Season 11 as the show's final lap.

"There's a ton of energy in the show," Collier says. "The reboot's been great for us creatively. There's an awful lot of stories to tell, so we love that. Beyond that, it's not our decision. If it becomes a decision to end it, it's a network decision, and we will obviously do something that's satisfying for our fans, but we love where we are right now.

Adds Peterson: "I've been on the show now for seven seasons, and this is my family. My idea is I'm going to retire with the show, and I'm only 41 right now. So, I don't see any reason to move towards an end. I see storylines that we could do for a long, long, long time. ... I'd love to go many, many, many more seasons.So, my intention is to make it such a season that there's no doubt that we'll get picked up and keep on going
Wonder if David and Emily signed on for potential more...When they renewed. If they aren't looking at the end (ratings depending that is). Hmmm...

Sounds like they love the new mojo for the show with new showrunners.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for posting that article.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
TVLINE | They killed off your brother, poor Jared — and offscreen, too! What was your reaction?
I know! You have to able to adjust on the fly and do things that make sense for the story. I think it’s fine. You have to continuously change things up by killing characters. I don’t think anyone’s safe. My character’s not even safe on the show. One of the hardest things is to be able to make that change. So no, it was good. I didn’t mind.

TVLINE | I always hoped they would bring Brendan Fehr back as Jared for an episode. I guess that’s out of the question now.
Unfortunately, he’s done. He’s history. Flashbacks maybe.

TVLINE | How is Booth dealing with the loss?
It’s weighed a little bit on him because he couldn’t help Jared out when he was alive – and he can’t even help him out when he’s dead. It’s a struggle for Booth to get that and something that he’ll come to grips with… and maybe affects his journey this whole season.

TVLINE | He was keeping this from Brennan, that he was trying to help Jared. Does that create any tension between them?
[shakes head] There’s an understanding at the end of the [next] episode where she gets why they need to go back to their jobs, so to speak. So there’s a reason for it.

TVLINE | I was surprised to discover they left the Jeffersonian and the FBI, but they didn’t actually move away.
They’ve got a nice house in the woods! They might as well stay there.

TVLINE | How quickly are they back at the Jeffersonian?
It happens pretty quickly. It’s not like an ongoing arc. [Booth will] reevaluate where he stands now in the FBI and how Aubrey has moved up and how annoying that is. He doesn’t have his office. There’s some funny stuff coming up.

TVLINE | He’s below Aubrey now in the ranks?
Yeah. I’ve got to go through all the retesting and shooting and evaluations to get reinstated.

TVLINE | Is he happy to be back at the FBI?
Yeah. He’s happy. The character thrives off saving people and helping them.

Quote:
TVLINE | At the end of the premiere, you’re bleeding and you’re with these guys who have just robbed a house. What can you tease about the next episode?
The second half is much more intense in terms of trying to find out why he’s in that predicament. There is a great end to that episode that reflects the connection between him and Bones.

TVLINE | What kind of trouble has Booth gotten himself into?
So many things. He’s got a life. A lot of secrets.
‘Bones’: Jared Dies, Booth Missing —*David Boreanaz Season 11 Recap | TVLine

Last edited by Dawson creek fan; 10-02-2015 at 08:04 AM
Old 10-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings in...

Down from last September. BUT UP from the finale on June 11th...A 1.3 HH and 6.3 million viewership.

The finale was 1.2HH and just over 5 million viewership.

Given the competiton with football. Decent. It did better in viewership than Heroes Reborn. But Heroes did higher in the HH.

Grey's Anatomy still beats all not football!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad it up from last spring. But will see how the final rating are since that what the network cares about. Also a lot of other returning show are down from last year.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
I'm glad it up from last spring. But will see how the final rating are since that what the network cares about. Also a lot of other returning show are down from last year.
Oh definitely. But FOX is generally of the opinion that they seem to only care these days unless something true tanks (Glee style) that they wait to see how it's doing in the tv shifting and time delayed viewing measurements to see how a show is actually doing...

So because BONES is so established, it does well there. And especially in the early weeks against Football that all the networks know their shows are taking a hit...

But for the shows that debut last week, they were all down. So we shall see how Bones holds up...

Last year's premiere apparently was a 1.6. So last night was down. But not by that much, and up from the finale which is always good!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

If it get renewed they might move it to Friday's. But what show would fox put there b/c nothing ganna do good there and they won't move Empire.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson creek fan (View Post)
If it get renewed they might move it to Friday's. But what show would fox put there b/c nothing ganna do good there and they won't move Empire.
Empire is the only thing that is working for them. The rest of their new schedule and old schedule is lacking.... But even Empire was down significantly in Week 2. So Bones is a something that looks better given Sleepy debut to a 1.0 in a timeslot and day change.

And essentially as long as BONES doesn't deeply go down. It will take David finally saying enough for it to end... Because I am not sure they want to keep going with just Emily...

I just hope we know earlier than we did last year... Or the show knows. They were able to craft a ender in case. But to keep doing that...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread