Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Good news.

BONES was adjusted up a tenth in the final. So a 1.1 HH. Still not exactly great. But still better than a 1.0.

I was just coming over to post that, lol. And you're right; a 1.1 isn't great, but it is better than a 1.0, which was a series low. And if you look at the way Fox looks at the numbers, they don't look quite as bad. And last night's episode did improve greatly in the male 18-49 and 18-34 audience, so that's another plus.

Hey if Fox can renew New Girl and Mindy Project, which do even worse, they should be able to renew Bones, although as I've said before, Demily probably cost a lot more. Hopefully they can come to terms with the network.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw the episode...

Interesting. Liked how they are bringing up Booth's prison experience and how it changes him, and how he probably does have a case of PTSD due to his experience, and while it was only three months, still it affected him. Forced against his will being away from his wife and kids. Interesting contrast with the case. Although Booth should have seen the lesson coming that not everyone is ready for second chances...

But with upcoming tensions with gambling and the new pregnancy...it definitely is not a stress free time for either him and Brennan...

I have said I have never been a fan of Cam and Arastoo. Clark is the one if Cam was to get involved with a squin-tern, I could see them relating better. But I guess the different cultures was more interesting to the show... but still, I felt for Cam. I knew the story was coming due spoilers about Arastoo going back to Iran.

Wonder if was because of actor availability upcoming (like we have yet to see Fisher and probably won't due to the actor's role on Forever on ABC - although that looks a candidate to be cancelled). Seems out of left field to reveal a brother left back (I can't remember if they had mentioned him staying behind before when the family fled and now is deathly sick)

I would think Cam would be a bigger draw to stay. Although I definitely can see why he would want to go. Family is family. But still I agree, he wasn't being honest to himself or Cam about the danger he faced.

I felt Cam had to be too accommodating for him. Wish she had stood up more...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Bones - Episode 10.15 - The Eye in the Sky - Extended Synopsis | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-12-2015, 05:23 PM
MST Manager

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the latest. This episode is going to be important in terms of setting up Booth's gambling relapse, and the baby news. Didn't realize those two things were going to happen in the same episode. Looking forward to this one. I hope it maintains the quality of the last few episodes.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Thanks for the latest. This episode is going to be important in terms of setting up Booth's gambling relapse, and the baby news. Didn't realize those two things were going to happen in the same episode. Looking forward to this one. I hope it maintains the quality of the last few episodes.
I wonder if it's going to be a angsty episode where things look dire for them as a couple, and then presto they get the baby news and it makes Booth go back on the wagon. As they both become happy about the news about the baby and try to come to terms with it. And the gambling stuff is forgotten.

Or it starts here and continues on, as Booth stresses out about the baby PTSD over prison and Sweet's death...
Old 04-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Bones - Episode 10.16 - The Big Beef at the Royal Diner - Promotional Photos | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wonder if it's going to be a angsty episode where things look dire for them as a couple, and then presto they get the baby news and it makes Booth go back on the wagon. As they both become happy about the news about the baby and try to come to terms with it. And the gambling stuff is forgotten.

Or it starts here and continues on, as Booth stresses out about the baby PTSD over prison and Sweet's death...

I don't know how they will handle it, but I certainly hope the gambling thing doesn't get shoved under the rug. Addiction is a serious subject, and it shouldn't be wrapped up in the course of one episode. I would expect the gambling story line to continue for a while. The baby news should come as a happy event, but at the same time, it should cause Booth to think very hard about his gambling problem, and the fact that he now has people who depend on him. How he deals with his addiction will impact his children and his marriage. I hope it's given the attention it deserves.

Here's a tidbit about this Thursday's episode from TVGuide.com:

Bones
The relationship between Bones' Temperance Brennan and her career criminal father has always been a bit strained. And despite some relative peace in recent years, it looks like more trouble is ahead.
In Thursday's episode, Max (guest star Ryan O'Neal) tells Brennan (Emily Deschanel) he can no longer babysit Christine, but he refuses to tell her why. "Are you in trouble again?" a concerned Brennan asks, before ultimately giving up. "I don't want you to be late for whatever it is you're hiding from me," she says.

Executive producer Stephen Nathan hints that whatever Max is up to again could ultimately offer some closure for Brennan and her abandonment by her parents. "We're trying to close up loose ends for Brennan and her history, and also for her relationship with Max," he tells TVGuide.com. "Why was she placed in this situation? Why did Max do the things that he did? What are the ramifications of those things, and how do compassion and understanding and forgiveness figure into that?"Bones airs Thursdays at 8/7c on Fox.

Last edited by spunks; 04-14-2015 at 04:50 PM
Old 04-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know how they will handle it, but I certainly hope the gambling thing doesn't get shoved under the rug. Addiction is a serious subject, and it shouldn't be wrapped up in the course of one episode. I would expect the gambling story line to continue for a while. The baby news should come as a happy event, but at the same time, it should cause Booth to think very hard about his gambling problem, and the fact that he is no longer alone in the world. How he deals with his addiction, will impact his children and his marriage. I hope it's given the attention it deserves.
True. Although it came out of nowhere. I know they always said he had a problem. But for it to come up in the course of a case 10 years later and for him to be tempted, I am not sure it will be longer arc. Especially given the show has to wrap up in such a place in case the show doesn't live on.

But then it could last for while. We know they try to keep the secret awhile from the office. They are happy for the baby. But it does make them think about how dangerous their jobs are...

But then we have been told it will get dicey for them, so it could be a little longer. But probably won't be too long...

But for him to still be tempted by gambling even knowing their is a new baby doesn't look as good given they both can support the kids. But for Booth, the idea of a third kid would be confusing, and it has been a hard year for him.

So it might go on. But then I could see it being one episode thing (for now), and the baby news puts him back on the wagon.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

This is from TVByTheNumbers.Com.

Bones ratings are bumping along at their series low, and are at just 70% of Fox's scripted ratings average in 2015. Even for a veteran show, that's typically in the Cancellation Bear's "likely canceled" prediction range.

Unlike similarly low-rated The Following, Bones is produced by Fox, which the bear figures gives it reasonable chance for renewal, if the actors can be signed to new contracts. In these cases, the bear assumes that the contracts get signed, because that usually, but not always, happens.

From a business standpoint, it really does make a huge difference when a low-rated show is produced by the same network on which it airs, in this case Fox. Gives the show a better chance for renewal, despite the low numbers. Let's hope they're right about that when it comes to Bones.

ETA: Bones continues its low ratings streak, scoring a 1.0/4 and 4.75 million viewers. Hopefully it will go up a bit in the finals like it did last week.

Last edited by spunks; 04-17-2015 at 09:03 AM
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is from TVByTheNumbers.Com.

Bones ratings are bumping along at their series low, and are at just 70% of Fox's scripted ratings average in 2015. Even for a veteran show, that's typically in the Cancellation Bear's "likely canceled" prediction range.

Unlike similarly low-rated The Following, Bones is produced by Fox, which the bear figures gives it reasonable chance for renewal, if the actors can be signed to new contracts. In these cases, the bear assumes that the contracts get signed, because that usually, but not always, happens.

From a business standpoint, it really does make a huge difference when a low-rated show is produced by the same network on which it airs, in this case Fox. Gives the show a better chance for renewal, despite the low numbers. Let's hope they're right about that when it comes to Bones.

ETA: Bones continues its low ratings streak, scoring a 1.0/4 and 4.75 million viewers. Hopefully it will go up a bit in the finals like it did last week.
Ratings could be much better. It didn't adjust higher in the finals... Although I blame coming back after the clocks changed and the spring weather always take a bite out of the ratings for all shows. And especially as we get into the playoffs for both hockey and basketball...

It's still important to FOX, and I think it could come back for a final season of 13 or more episodes if they can make a deal.

Apparently David tweeted a couple days ago a cryptic comment that makes it appear that maybe it won't come back. Saying thanks for the memories to the crew...

But with him as far as we know the show is still in negotiations, no final decision has come down.

And just like Castle everyone is in a tizzy that Castle may come back with no Beckett after Nathan surprised everyone by re-signing. If the show is picked up by the network.

Technically we have learned not to believe in David's tweets and a deal still needs to be worked out with the network to even pick the show up. Heck since the show is called "Bones", they could have Emily come back and then maybe get a deal where Booth is shown off and on or in the series finale... But it would be very hard given so much of the show is about Booth and Brennan...

So it could be that the show is still under consideration and the show has officially finished shooting...

But who knows...David tweets are notorious.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Ratings could be much better. It didn't adjust higher in the finals... Although I blame coming back after the clocks changed and the spring weather always take a bite out of the ratings for all shows. And especially as we get into the playoffs for both hockey and basketball...

It's still important to FOX, and I think it could come back for a final season of 13 or more episodes if they can make a deal.

Apparently David tweeted a couple days ago a cryptic comment that makes it appear that maybe it won't come back. Saying thanks for the memories to the crew...

But with him as far as we know the show is still in negotiations, no final decision has come down.

And just like Castle everyone is in a tizzy that Castle may come back with no Beckett after Nathan surprised everyone by re-signing. If the show is picked up by the network.

Technically we have learned not to believe in David's tweets and a deal still needs to be worked out with the network to even pick the show up. Heck since the show is called "Bones", they could have Emily come back and then maybe get a deal where Booth is shown off and on or in the series finale... But it would be very hard given so much of the show is about Booth and Brennan...

So it could be that the show is still under consideration and the show has officially finished shooting...

But who knows...David tweets are notorious.
Honestly, how much do we see BB together anymore other than the beginning and the end, especially since the new guy came aboard?
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan (View Post)
Honestly, how much do we see BB together anymore other than the beginning and the end, especially since the new guy came aboard?
We have had this debate before. Sure it might be down from past seasons. But I happen to think that Emily's pregnancy has caused her airtime to be kept to the lab, the house or if the occasion calls for it out in the field.

I don't fault Aubry. The same was said about Sweets except that Sweets had been around since Season Three. Aubry is new. And therefore more is can be explored as he deals with Booth, and Brennan and the lab as someone new the environment.

The show would be different if David were to leave altogether, but the show could go on. Because of the lab and Aubry. But it still would not be especially wise given so much is based on Booth and Brennan. And if the show is only going to last one last season, hard to have no Booth at all!

But who knows. Contracts are pesky. The show has to be picked up. And David and/or Emily have to re-sign.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Bones - Episode 10.17 - 10.18 - Promotional Photos | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread