Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

God, girls! Now there has been some definite brainstorming in here while I was gone! I am glad that this episode gave us material to debate upon BB's motives -well, mostly Booth's motives- it hadn't happened since... 6x09 alright, but this time it is leading somewhere.

Anyway. As much as I love debating, I have exposed my opinion thoroughly over the past couple of days and it has been amazing to talk with you guys. You all rock in here, and it's always a pleasure. But as far as explaining why Booth did what he did, I am done. I would never have thought I would defend him, but I do, really. And by that I mean I defend the narrative put forth by HH and co. To me it is coherent, and I understand that some of us can feel distressed that Booth's love for Brennan be stained, or damaged, but it truly isn't. It all comes down to this... almost schizophrenic personality he sported throughout this first half of season. His Freudian "Me" and "I" struggling for control, and messing things up in order to free himself from both HP and from his frustration with Bones.

They wanted to reset it all, and they did. Now... I do expect a lot from the elevator episode, as I said yesterday. Obviously I don't expect any hot love-making and/or make-out session (aside from my totally irrational desire to see it happen), but I expect BIG introspective moments on both parts. This is what we need right now. We need them to acknowledge things. They are finally past the unsaid, past the fears and frustration. They have dealt with that their own way. Now it's time for step two. It's time to envision something together.

And, about Winnick coming back next season? My bet when she comes back, BB are together. THAT I wanna see
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ITA Julie, I'm done too And I couldn't care less about whatever happens to KW from now on, whether she comes back or disappears from the acting world, I don't care

Quote:
I expect BIG introspective moments on both parts. This is what we need right now. We need them to acknowledge things. They are finally past the unsaid, past the fears and frustration. They have dealt with that their own way. Now it's time for step two. It's time to envision something together
That's EXACTLY what we need right now and the bolded part, isn't it awesome that they're past ALL of that??
Old 02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by More_Than_Partners (View Post)
I agree with someone who said Hannah is out of the way our BB will happen eventually.
This is true.....but what makes me mad more than anything else, is the fact that they wasted over half a whole freaking season to be.....right back where they started all over again!

So, can someone tell me the point of all of this???? Other than to be a really bad and cliche way of not only hindering the progress of a relationship on a show, but actually putting it further back than when we started?

Sorry, I'm just still.....not very happy with the episode.
Special Agent Olivia Dunham & Peter Bishop
Detective Kate Beckett and Richard Castle
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_SweetPea (View Post)
This is true.....but what makes me mad more than anything else, is the fact that they wasted over half a whole freaking season to be.....right back where they started all over again!

So, can someone tell me the point of all of this???? Other than to be a really bad and cliche way of not only hindering the progress of a relationship on a show, but actually putting it further back than when we started?

You don't have to apologize It is normal to react. Why they did that? To win some time lol. And now they are out of options. It's back to "10 episodes of celibacy with mutual feelings" but HH knows pretty well that he will not be able to pull any more stunt to keep them from being together. He did pretty much everything he could to prevent that. Unless he pulls some bad case of amnesia, I don't think he will delay the inevitable much longer .

As we said... 6x13/6x23... 10 episodes before they are together. I am telling you people. Remember when I told you there would be 3 episodes before the world would turn upright again after 6x09? We had our three episodes of Booth's adjusting and in 6x13 he made the decision to screw himself up. Dang! 3 episodes. I am sure that HH will put them together in the finale.

Ju, ITA, I am feeling so... happy that they are past all this **** now!! And so happy that HH acknowledged it enough to say that they would have a set of episodes with them sharing the awareness of mutual love. All the 'Jean-Paul' guys and other spin-off dudes in the world won't change that .
Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awwwww awareness of mutual love, I LOVE that!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Just read the sides and OMG, Booth saw a Yeti? WTF!!! Was it before or after his brain tumor?

Seems like a very funny episode though

Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_SweetPea (View Post)

I guess H was necessary simply to help Brennan along with her epiphany. If her and Booth had got back from Afghanistan and wherever the hell Brennan went and everything was exactly the same, and they were both still single, things might not have played out the way we'd have wanted them to. Brennan had to watch Booth be in love with another woman; she had to feel the jealousy and realise she had missed her chance with him for her to come clean and tell him she had made a mistake by turning him down. If she hadn't witnessed B/H together she might not have come to that conclusion. Much as I hated H, she made (not intentionally of course) Brennan open her eyes to how she feels about Booth, and now... well, now they know how they feel about each other, they can start again. So yeah, we're back to where we were, but H was necessary to get us there. (I think.) Does that make sense?

I think perhaps H being gone is allowing me to look more favourably on the situation haha. But I'm thinking Brennan had her "serious" significant other in Sully, and now Booth's had his "serious" attempt with Hannah, and now they can realise that it was never going to work out with somebody else, no matter how perfect they tried to make it be.

j/k ♥
b/b ♥
Old 02-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I think Hannah was just one of the reasons.
The main reason for Brennan to realize she made a mistake was definitely the case about the doctor
who died and had a life very similar to Brennan's.
The case made Brennan look at her own life through a different perspective.

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolilly (View Post)
I think Hannah was just one of the reasons.
The main reason for Brennan to realize she made a mistake was definitely the case about the doctor
who died and had a life very similar to Brennan's.
The case made Brennan look at her own life through a different perspective.
True, but if Booth hadn't been with H, would it have had such an effect on her? Because if Booth was still single, they could have still had a chance. As he was with H, she realised she had truly "missed her chance". (Well, as it seemed at the time, you know.)

j/k ♥
b/b ♥
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Lucky-fin I agree with you that H was necessary to open Brennan's eyes to what she was missing, and the DITP cemented that feeling. I think Brennan needed both of these events to come to her own realizations, and when she was finally ready to commit, Booth was with Hannah. For Booth, H was necessary for him to realize that he was still not over Brennan, and he was desperately seeking to replace her, even to the point of rushing into marriage with the wrong woman.

BB are not exactly back to a re-set. Now they both know how they feel about each other, and what mistakes they both made. So I think when they finally do get together, and I have no doubt they will, they will be in a much healthier place.

And Smurfette, as you said, it is pretty insulting to the intelligence for SN to suddenly worry about making the romance "real". This relationship is far from real to begin with--no way would these two people have waited *six* years to get where they are today. So making it real is the least of their problems! I just hope the elevator scene fixes some of the damage that has been caused by stretching this thing out for so long.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, a little aparté... I have just been rewatching the last scene of the episode, and despite my resolution not to debate further, I noticed something. It's a detail, but it is quite meaningful.

When Booth tells her about how he sees things happening next, his rant is quite high pitched, fast, obviously alcohol induced. The first half of it, where he gives her option one: "We are partners, we have a drink and chit chat" etc... is like that. Then the second half of it, where he gives her option two: "If you're not [alright with that] you can leave. Here is the door. And tomorrow I'll find you a new FBI guy", his voice cracks, is much lower and he holds back a sob (DB is... incredible).

Here, the idea is that... As I put before, this scene is absolutely not about HP but about he and Bones. His mind was blank with HP, no emotion, not a word, not a glance. Nothing. But he came to life with Bones. He finally expressed all the pain he held her responsible for (as we mentioned earlier), and that, is the most meaningful part of all. He finally confronted her, told her he was mad at her to have refused him, he asked her why she refused him, and he asked her not to leave, somehow not to refuse him again -even though only as a partner for now.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hannah was essentially a stalling tactic though and a really cheap way to keep BB apart. While Hannah partly helped Brennan realize her mistake from the 100th episode, it seems like her epiphany is pretty much pointless now. This storyline only reinforced that Booth is the victim, while Brennan and the other woman are in the wrong. This whole thing should have been about having Booth acknowledge his own flaws too. Which is that he jumps the gun. He knew Hannah didn't want to get married, yet he expected her to say yes. She said no and he kicked her to the curb on the spot. He asks Brennan for a relationship, knowing she can't be rushed and then tells her within 30 seconds that he has to move on. It's like, he doesn't hear what he wants after making unreasonable demands from the women in his life, that's it for him. While I understand that Booth is in pain, he's also projecting all the blame onto the woman and not taking any for himself. He needs help or therapy or someone to talk to. I like Sweets, but not him, someone outside their circle. It doesn't seem like they'll ever acknowledge Booth's flaws though. It's only ever about the woman rejecting him. How Brennan rejected him, her mistake. It's unfair it's so one-sided.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

I don´t know who said it but the more I think of it the more clear I see it, both proposals don´t work because they weren´t Booth´s idea it was Sweets who push Booth to do them, so when Booth do it for himself it will work
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When Booth tells her about how he sees things happening next, his rant is quite high pitched, fast, obviously alcohol induced. The first half of it, where he gives her option one: "We are partners, we have a drink and chit chat" etc... is like that. Then the second half of it, where he gives her option two: "If you're not [alright with that] you can leave. Here is the door. And tomorrow I'll find you a new FBI guy", his voice cracks, is much lower and he holds back a sob (DB is... incredible)
YES, and that's SO sad , this is when he asks her "are you ok with this?" and he looks at her and she doesn't answer. He looks SO hurt, like again she doesn't want what he's offering
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Episode 17 looks pretty cool. Looking forward!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread