Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Thanks for bringing over the EW article. I laughed when the writer wrote: 'pause for applause' that Hannah won't be coming back this season. I gagged when Nathan said how there were just as many viewers who liked Hannah, as ones who didn't. How can he say that?! Next they'll say everyone is happy that Zack is off the show! HH and SN just spew out their own 'facts' when it suits them. And then HH has the gall to call Hannah a 'plot device'. It pisses me off how smug these two can be at times.

I was just watching yesterday's closing scene of BB in the bar. I compared it to last week's BB scene also in the bar. Last week Booth was telling Bones 'that person isn't going anywhere', and this week he's proposing to Hannah??!! Seriously, it's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing in that writer's room. No wonder so many of us were shocked Booth actually proposed; last week he was making lovey-dovey eyes at Brennan! Sometimes this show can be incredibly frustrating. And one more thing SN should know: After six years, 'roller coaster rides' can make you really nauseous.

Booth/Brennan Chuck/Blair Angel/Buffy Rigsby/Van Pelt
Old 02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunks (View Post)
Thanks for bringing over the EW article. I laughed when the writer wrote: 'pause for applause' that Hannah won't be coming back this season. I gagged when Nathan said how there were just as many viewers who liked Hannah, as ones who didn't. How can he say that?! Next they'll say everyone is happy that Zack is off the show! HH and SN just spew out their own 'facts' when it suits them. And then HH has the gall to call Hannah a 'plot device'. It pisses me off how smug these two can be at times.

I was just watching yesterday's closing scene of BB in the bar. I compared it to last week's BB scene also in the bar. Last week Booth was telling Bones 'that person isn't going anywhere', and this week he's proposing to Hannah??!! Seriously, it's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing in that writer's room. No wonder so many of us were shocked Booth actually proposed; last week he was making lovey-dovey eyes at Brennan! Sometimes this show can be incredibly frustrating. And one more thing SN should know: After six years, 'roller coaster rides' can make you really nauseous.
That could explain why I can't seem to hold food today!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Just came in to share my two cents from last night's episode.

The end scene was done beautifuly. Emily and David really know how to nail those emotional scenes. Booth really broke my heart. The poor guy had three women reject him. When he said how could women turn him down so much..it was like he was beating himself, asking "what is wrong with me".

What I loved about his scene with Hannah was how he just barely said anything to her afterwards. Like he was just accepting her rejection. Also, when Hannah said "I guess you weren't listening". To me, that speaks volume about the kind of relationship they had.

I haven't read any comments so I don't know if this was mentioned already, but, out of all the women that Booth mentioned, Brennan was the only one that didn't just leave. She stayed. And when she said "are those my only choices?", it reminded me of the 100th episode when she said "can we still work together?". She does not want to lose him.

The way Booth was speaking at the end...I've never seen him so vulnerable. I honestly really loved how the last scene was done. Despite it being painful to watch. I feel like they didn't sugar coat anything. It was pure, raw emotion. I could go on and on and over-analyze all the looks BB gave each other but that'd just take too long. So, overall, I really think things can only get better from now on. I mean, Hannah is gone. BB just need to get back to their usual pace and then the inevitable will happen. Eventually. Finally

Booth&Brennan Emily&David Castle&Beckett Stana&Nathan
"The heart wants what the heart wants"
"Everything happens eventually"
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Nice post BonesBB4ever, and I like the optimism. Despite the fact that this show can make me mad as hell sometimes, it also brings me incredible joy at other times, so I guess it's a wash, LOL. And despite my rantings, I am still optimistic about BB's romantic future, although I don't expect it to be smooth sailing. It reminds me of a soap opera I watched many years ago, in which the two romantic leads just couldn't get on the same page at the same time. Finally the other characters locked them in the basement until they solved their issues. Maybe the elevator episode will be BB's version of a locked basement, LOL.

The sad part about last night episode, is that none of us are talking about the murder case itself. It's like my hubby says about Bones: sometimes you have to waste fifty or fifty five minutes just waiting for that cute BB ending, and that shouldn't be all there is to the show. I hate to admit it, but he has a point. The murder cases have been pretty meh this season, with some exceptions. Now with Hannah gone (loved typing that), hopefully the balance of the characters will be restored, and the murder mysteries will be more intriguing. Much as I love those BB endings, they are more satisfying if they come after a strong murder case.

That reminds me: didn't Michaela say that Angela and Brennan are going to have a heart to heart about Booth in an upcoming episode? I hope I remembered right, cause those two are really due for a good talk after everything that's happened. I'm sure once the rest of the gang finds out about Hannah leaving, there will be some penetrating questions for Brennan---that she may or may not want to answer. Hopefully Angela can get her to open up a bit, and give her some great romance advice.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

sides! hurry before I delete

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

twitter|andysmcnally|fyeahsamandandy|fyeahandymcnally
Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Total Fan

After giving the episode some thought and after reading some excellent reviews from you guys I'm able to see things more clearly. However, I still find it hard to believe that Booth could go through with the proposal when not-so-long before the woman he loved for YEARS told him that she wanted to be with him (if not directly, at least that's what she implied). How could he make a decision like that, all of a sudden, knowing about Brennan's feelings? I know he was heartbroken, I know he was tired of waiting. But still... it's against Booth's character IMO.

Other than that, I'm very happy that Hannah is not around anymore! I can breathe again!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

'Bones' 'The Bikini in the Soup' preview: The wedding planner in the tanning bed - New York Primetime TV | Examiner.com

Old 02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Sides

Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Brennan has an iguana!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Total Fan

From the sides:

Booth: Those woods remind me of Vermont. My uncle used to take me out to tap trees for maple syrup.

Brennan: And he died from diabetes. Probably the result of all the syrup he consumed.

Booth: Thank you. Way to ruin one of my happiest memories.

That was soooo Brennan-ish!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anything else good from the sides???? The wont seem to download for me.
Special Agent Olivia Dunham & Peter Bishop
Detective Kate Beckett and Richard Castle
Old 02-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_SweetPea (View Post)
Anything else good from the sides???? The wont seem to download for me.
mostly Sweets and case stuff...

Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucking4Bones (View Post)
mostly Sweets and case stuff...
I see. I had a feeling they weren't going to give to much B&B away in any of these sides with how ambiguous their relatioship is turning out to be this season.....but one can always hope right?

Thanks for the info!
Special Agent Olivia Dunham & Peter Bishop
Detective Kate Beckett and Richard Castle
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I have no idea what to think of the episode or the promo. I am really, really sick of these ridiculous SOs, so this guy better be, like, her interior designer or something. But any SO for either of them is ridiculous. Especially after the last two episodes. SN said BB falling together now was a bad idea because it "wouldn't be real." Really?? It's season 6, these two people still are apparently not even close to getting together and suddenly he's concerned with what's real? I mean, I agree that they need a few episodes before anything happens, but come on, already!

On the other hand, David and Emily were both phenomenal in this episode!

Also, my roommate, a casual but enthusiastic viewer, decided after the episode that she was done watching. And she means it. She's done. (I actually prefer it this way. She likes to talk and comment during the episode. )

Also, SIDES!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I seriously wasn't going to believe that anything was going to happen in the elevator episode. Not like a kiss or something. I think there will be opening of feelings. Admitting to stuff and perhaps Booth admitting that Hannah was a mistake. Admitting to each other that they have hurt each other. Going back to what they were like in S1.

But I think all this will slowly change to some build up or progress by season finale.

I agree with someone who said Hannah is out of the way our BB will happen eventually.

Booth Brennan

icon: tempertemper
Closed Thread   Post New Thread