Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-fin (View Post)
Awesome posts in here guys

There is no-freaking-way Booth thought this could have a happy ending!

1- He made a spur of the moment decision whilst drunk and feeling the need to defend himself to Sweets
2- No way had he been thinking about this for weeks; a proposal's a big thing that needs to be thought about, and we'd have seen build up if so
3- Whilst talking about his "guy talk" he stared at Brennan; why?! I thought this was really obvious and kinda out of place if we were to believe he wanted to marry H. Almost as though to say- can I do this to her? Can I really give her up and break her heart??
4- Booth isn't stupid, he knew full well H "wasn't the marrying type"- he was taking one hell of a chance here, as though to finally try and prove he's moved on from Brennan (despite having pretty much admitted he loved her last week)- confused!Booth
5- When he was in buying the ring, he looked very uncomfortable and uncertain
6- When he was *cringes* proposing, he said "When I met you, I never thought I'd... meet anyone else" (or words to that effect)... hello, he met Brennan years ago. It just wasn't the most impressive, epicly romantic statement to go with IMO!
7- If he really, really loved her he wouldn't break up with her just because she wouldn't marry him. Angela turned Hodgins down and he didn't give up. Brennan turned Booth down and even then he carried on working with her. Here, H turns him down but insists they can still be together and that she still loves him and yet... He just ends it! Just like that! Come on- are we to believe he was madly in love with her when he's willing to break it off after she begs him not to? It's like... He'd said he'd propose, and he'd talked himself into it, so he did, but after it failed... What was the point? It's not like he could imagine another 50 years with H.

Ok that evolved into a slightly unrelated list, sorry guys haha.

And I don't hate Booth right now. I feel really sorry for him. He's pretty much the perfect guy- protective, caring, strong, invested and loving, gorgeous, with a heart of gold, masculine and yet emotional. Seriously, I know he's a fictional character but I reckon he's pretty much the epitome of a perfect guy. And yet so far he hasn't found luck with love. I really, really felt for him.

Promo for next week looks gooood!
Great post. I agree with all your reasons, especially number 7. That was the most ill-conceived and desperate marriage proposal I've ever seen. For Booth it was all about getting married, and proving everyone wrong. When push came to shove and he couldn't get what he wanted out of Hannah, (even though he knew full well she wasn't the 'marrying kind'), he tossed her aside like that engagement ring. You don't give up that easily if you really love someone.

Having said that, I don't think BB should be together right now--neither of them is emotionally ready IMHO. Now maybe after a good talk in that elevator....

From Fall like stars post:

What would it take for Booth's love for Brennan to be believable again?

This question is the crux of it right now. I do believe they will be able to get there, but it will take time. Something big may need to happen, but I think it can be done. Hopefully the elevator episode will explain a lot, and allow them to get back on track.

Last edited by spunks; 02-11-2011 at 01:11 PM
Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)
What I don't like is how they YET again made Booth the victim and Brennan the villain. It's like Brennan's epiphany in The Doctor in the Photo, never happened. Yeah, they broke Booth/Hannah up this way so they can prolong Booth/Brennan even longer now.
I don't see it as showing Brennan as the villian. It was legit. She was on the list because she did reject him. And he is now reeling from yet another rejection. Whether he should have seen it coming or not. Or tried to push for more with Hannah when it was very known that she wasn't looking for marriage at this point or ever.

He was drunk by the time Brennan got there having been filled in by Hannah. She knew he was on a downward spiral. Drunk. On a pity party. It's possible her ephiphany was also in part of because it was a OMG moment that came too late and when she told him; it had a major impact and sorta made him rush into it. It's unfairly blaming Brennan but he was drunk and will regret some of it I am sure.

He wasn't thinking straight. He was being Poor Me. Reeling from yet another woman not wanting him and what he wanted...

Brennan knew to just sit there...

Quote:
I know Booth was drunk and I know he was hurting but still, he was so unnecessary cruel to Brennan. His ultimatum to her was unbelievable. First of all, when Brennan poured her heart out to him and broke down sobbing like she NEVER had in her life, he could not offer her a thing but now he had the nerve to tell her to gtfo or to stay and have a drink with him. I'm guessing he thought Brennan was hinting at 'them' when she said what happens now, but come on, he was acting like Brennan's breakdown never happened, that she never regretted what happened. They were BOTH hurt in the 100th episode, but it looks like it'll never ever be portrayed that way. The fact that Brennan stayed with him proved yet again what an amazing heart she has but unfortunately, the entire scene just showed IMO how one-sided they've made bb's relationship now. Brennan's just one of his lost loves. She was just one of a few women who broke him. What would it take for Booth's love for Brennan to be believable again?
People can be mean and harsh when they are drunk. And he had many drinks by the time Brennan showed up. He was hurt, upset. And he needs time. She was on the list of the lost loves because she did break his heart. But she's the one who is still around. Who he wants around... Yes Rebecca is around; but only as his son's mother. Brennan is still there because not only because of their work relationship because of more... But how much more; he doesn't want to go there right now. He's still reeling from the breakup...

I doubt it will be hard to show Booth credibly in love with Brennan. Because I believe he never lost it. He just moved on. She broke his heart. He found some new. Someone he did love. Just not like he did Brennan.

But we'll see how this all goes down. Hard to know right now. Booth is reeling. So I am sure they will try to just be partners. But I am not sure it will be long before they start to some movement.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Yesterday's episode gave me so many mixed emotions. When I think about the episode sometimes I smile, then other times it just makes me mad. I just want to see the elevator episode and the sniper come back.

Booth/Brennan Chuck/Blair Angel/Buffy Rigsby/Van Pelt
Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Booth is NOT a victim! And I wish people would stop acting like he is! Or better yet, the writers should stop writing him as one. There are consequences to one’s actions and he needs to face. His actions and his actions alone have lead him to this point. He’s a bitter man now and he only has himself to blame. He never listend to Brennan at the Hoover and he didn’t even listen when Hannah told him she wasn’t the marrying kind…please explain to me, how I am supposed to feel sorry for him?

twitter|andysmcnally|fyeahsamandandy|fyeahandymcnally
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Marisa Roffam of GMMR did a spoiler chat...

Marisa Roffman:
Emily told me she wouldn't mind Brennan getting a boyfriend, but if there is anything, I seriously doubt it will be anyone serious.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucking4Bones (View Post)
Marisa Roffam of GMMR did a spoiler chat...

Marisa Roffman:
Emily told me she wouldn't mind Brennan getting a boyfriend, but if there is anything, I seriously doubt it will be anyone serious.
I refuse to believe anything anyone says about it anymore...
and happiness and fate.

icon by Nikole
Old 02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucking4Bones (View Post)
Booth is NOT a victim! And I wish people would stop acting like he is! Or better yet, the writers should stop writing him as one. There are consequences to one’s actions and he needs to face. His actions and his actions alone have lead him to this point. He’s a bitter man now and he only has himself to blame. He never listend to Brennan at the Hoover and he didn’t even listen when Hannah told him she wasn’t the marrying kind…please explain to me, how I am supposed to feel sorry for him?
And there is consequences to what Brennan did. Reject him. He was only with Hannah due to Brennan's rejection and then disappearance for seven months... Yes his actions are his own. But so is Brennan's. And she's living with her decision.

I feel for both of them. I can see why Brennan said No. And I can see why Booth pushed with Hannah after being practically goaded into by Sweet's words about him being unmarried at his age.

He's bitter because he proposed. Maybe believing that she might love him enough to want to take the chance. But again like with Brennan; she didn't even try. Now I am fine with Hannah being honest and she was blunt. He should have seen it coming... But I can see why Booth took it hard. So soon after Brennan's rejection.

And maybe just maybe, he's also feeling guilty because of those feelings for Brennan that are resurfacing... So he's having a pity party...

And if there is a boyfriend for Brennan. I doubt it's very serious.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Marisa chat: Do you think the Hannah arc was a success? Or a big failure?

Marisa Roffman:
I think that will depend on how the season ends. I think I said this to you guys, but right now we're in the middle of an arc. (hannah was her own mini-arc)...I don't think we'll be able to really judge if season six was a success or failure until we see how more of it plays out, but my first impression of the Hannah mini-arc (assuming this is it) is just ambivalence. I thought there were some good aspects of it and I thought some was incredibly mishandled. I have issues with how Booth acted. Which, um, I wasn't shy about saying. That wasn't the only thing I said (I disagree with Hart about how Booth acted in episode 7 and we had a, um, debate about it on camera), but I do feel if the show is written well and believably they can be kept apart in a logical way. Of course, now we're in season six so it shouldn't be too much longer, but we'll see.

In you opinion, is brennan now considered the consolation prize if they get together?

Marisa Roffman:
I questioned Hart about that. That will be up probably Wednesday.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Did Booth Sabotage His Own Relationship on 'Bones'?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

What happens next?

1- Booth takes his time before dating Brennan
2- Booth and Brennan immediately hook up
3- Booth dives into the river to get the ring back ()
4- Booth starts gambling again

Option number 1 please

The elevator episode will be pivotal. I don't think Ourania is wrong by saying they can kiss.
I'm almost sure they'll talk, figure out their issues and kiss

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

After what I read I just the end scene, Booth makes me cry I feel sorry for Booth and for Brennan.

I also think that Booth sabotage his relationship with Hannah, he knew she wasn´t the kind of marry girl and he propose probably because he wants to end the relationship but he didn´t want to be the one who did it, because that would mean admit his feelings for Brennan, whome as we saw tonight still hurt a lot.

After last night I´m more escited about the elevator episode, wonder what is gonna happen there and as Ourania I can see them having a moment of passion for a fight about them.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Longtime lurker coming out of lurkdome.

I love reading everyone's perspective of the eps especially the optimistic ones like Ourania's. All season long when I've wanted to curl up into a ball and sob over this horrific storyline, your optimistic persepective brings me back around.

I love the idea that Booth accidentaly on purpose torpedoed his relationship with Hannah because he knew she'd say no. I keep telling myself that he proposed so it would be a way to end things without having to tell H that he was still in love with Brennan. It may not be true but it sure makes me feel better about things!

So am I the only one who kinda hopes this Jean Paul is a hottie that Brennan gets to have a bit of fun with? I'm not saying have a relationship with AT ALL, but just for like a night. They don't even have to show him! I never ever thought I'd actually want to see either of them with anyone else but hell I feel like she needs some happines and to show Booth she IS NOT going to sit around and be a consolation prize which is honestly by biggest fear right now. I can't wait to see what HH says about that.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't mind it if Brennan had a little fun! Go Bren Go!

Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

welcome Armywife

I dont mind Brennan flirting with this guy.

but please no more of them sleeping with other people. I dont even mind if they are apart for a while just no more love interest
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree, Brennan deserves to have a little of fun, but geesh, I can't stand more SOs!!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread