Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Have the writers forgotten Penny has a sister? What is their excuse for her not showing up. I mean she's the sister mentioned many times and the one who has a husband and son.

I am thrilled we are finally getting Penny's mother and brother. But sad they have forgotten Penny has a sister.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv fanatic (View Post)
Have the writers forgotten Penny has a sister? What is their excuse for her not showing up. I mean she's the sister mentioned many times and the one who has a husband and son.

I am thrilled we are finally getting Penny's mother and brother. But sad they have forgotten Penny has a sister.
I don't recall a sister. I only recall the troubled brother. Although there was a reference early on in the series to a nephew. Why she went to the comic book store for the first time, early in her acquaintance with the guys...

If it was a reference early on, it's possible they just slid it out of show history and focusing on the brother....

In fact it was common knowledge through her interaction with Beverly that her father was disappointed that Penny was a girl. So if there was a sister. I don't see why Penny would have that baggage. Especially if there was a boy also. Despite his troubles...

But then it's a comedy so it's never easy to apply logic.

I may have forgotten. But I don't recall a sister.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 07-31-2016, 12:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I don't recall a sister. I only recall the troubled brother. Although there was a reference early on in the series to a nephew. Why she went to the comic book store for the first time, early in her acquaintance with the guys...

If it was a reference early on, it's possible they just slid it out of show history and focusing on the brother....

In fact it was common knowledge through her interaction with Beverly that her father was disappointed that Penny was a girl. So if there was a sister. I don't see why Penny would have that baggage. Especially if there was a boy also. Despite his troubles...

But then it's a comedy so it's never easy to apply logic.

I may have forgotten. But I don't recall a sister.
Actually she was mentioned as late as season 9. So its not like it was a throwing line they had forgotten.

When Penny was talking to her mother about her engagement to Leonard in "The Status Quo Combustion", it was implied that her sister was pregnant when she got married which is later confirmed in "The Bachelor Party Corrosion" where Penny mentions that her water broke at the wedding reception after her father started their father-daughter wedding dance. In "The Parking Spot Escalation", she is mentioned to have given her sister her first bikini wax.

So it wasn't just a one off thing. I guess I am just very picky when shows pull these stunts. If you constantly mentioned someone has a sibling and then flat out forget after even mentioning them the season before her family starts appearing - I get annoyed. But maybe that's just me.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

The Big Bang Theory - Season 10 - Dean Norris gets Multi-Episode Arc | Spoilers
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the casting news.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I adore Katey Sagal, very much looking forward to her as Penny's Mom!!!!
Old 08-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

no one went to last night's taping?

☆Krys ☆
Old 08-18-2016, 04:22 AM
Absolute Fan

I usually read the reports from Season 10 - The Big Bang Theory Wiki - Wikia
Old 08-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks from me too!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-27-2016, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘The Big Bang Theory’ Casts Brandon Jones as The Flash? — Season 10 | TVLine
Quote:
Big Bang Staging Flash 'Crossover'?
By Ryan Schwartz / August 24 2016,

Are Leonard and Sheldon about to meet the fastest man alive?

Brandon Jones, who recurred as Andrew on Freeform’s Pretty Little Liars, is poised to appear in an upcoming episode of The Big Bang Theory in what sounds like a truly super guest spot.

“He’s sweet, he’s southern and he feels comfortable in latex,” Bialik said in an Instagram post. “Brandon Jones, we had fun having you guest star this week!”

This, of course, wouldn’t be Big Bang‘s first Flash “crossover.” Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj all dressed up as the Scarlet Speedster in Season 1’s Halloween episode, “The Middle-Earth Paradigm.” What’s more, Sheldon can frequently be seen wearing t-shirts with the superhero’s iconic emblem.

Jones is the latest casting in a long line of new and returning guest stars set to appear at the start of Big Bang Season 10. As previously announced, the CBS sitcom is welcoming back Madam Secretary‘s Keith Carradine as Penny’s dad for its Sept. 19 premiere, which will also feature Kaley Cuoco’s 8 Simple Rules co-star Katey Sagal and 30 Rock‘s Jack McBrayer as her never-before-seen mother and brother. Breaking Bad alum Dean Norris will also recur as an Air Force representative who’s interested in the boys’ quantum gyroscope for military applications.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 08-29-2016, 03:41 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the links to the latest news.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Such a cute picture!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread