Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Moyra!

I'll wait and see how it airs - it might be weak in their opinion but it could turn out to be a strong episode. Yay for a Raj story!

Last edited by notyoda; 10-30-2013 at 07:58 PM
Old 10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm hoping that it's a matter of personal taste rather than our first weak episode in what has been a really strong season so far.

It's always hard to say when you don't have actual details because of what strikes one person as not being funny, etc.

It does make one wonder, if they're doing a lot of rewrites as they go, how strong an idea they had for the episode to begin with.

I wonder if it's really Raj-focused or not, if the title has to do with Leonard/Sheldon.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe we'll get more clarification if someone goes to the next taping and sees this ep beforehand.

Staying hopeful...

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Thank you Moyra, secret friend and her friend! You are all so great for helping us understand the episode better.

To be honest, I suspected this one was going to be a bit off, but at least it brings total closure for Raj, which is good. But how in the heck did Penny know who Lucy was? They never met. Lucy only met Amy. It seems a bit strange to have Penny suddenly know who Lucy is without any further explanation.

I honestly am glad we are getting some Sheldon/Leonard time. They have had very little this season together and so I am happy about that. It may be rehash kind of stuff between them, but they really are fun and entertaining together so I am looking forward to that part.

I am glad to hear that MaJim had some fun together as well. They seem to always like to hang out together between scenes if they can. Sorry to hear Mayim might be getting a cold or allergies though. Not fun!

I don't think this is going to be one of their best episodes by any stretch, but I do still think it will be entertaining, at least on the Leonard/Sheldon story. I honestly have no interest in the Raj romance story. I like Raj, but more with the guys than anyone.

7.09 Script Cover. Looks to me like "The Thanksgiving Decoupling" or "The Thanksgiving Recoupling", either which sound rather sad:

Last edited by stardustmelody77; 10-30-2013 at 10:07 AM
Old 10-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Total Fan

June and Starry, could you please remove my source's name from your post? She doesn't want it out there after all. Thanks.

#SerialApeist2Premiere #ATSKAA2014*
* ... and then Sheldon kissed Amy AGAIN.

Icon by bigbangsheldon
Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
June and Starry, could you please remove my source's name from your post? She doesn't want it out there after all. Thanks.
Done...no problem!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm, looks like Thanksgiving something-coupling. So it could be De-coupling or Re-coupling. But re-coupling means to get back together, so I'm guessing decoupling. I wonder if one of the couples breaks up? I hope not. Maybe a fight or something though.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
Thank you Moyra, Peggy and friend! You are all so great for helping us understand the episode better.

To be honest, I suspected this one was going to be a bit off, but at least it brings total closure for Raj, which is good. But how in the heck did Penny know who Lucy was? They never met. Lucy only met Amy. It seems a bit strange to have Penny suddenly know who Lucy is without any further explanation.
I am glad to hear that MaJim had some fun together as well. They seem to always like to hang out together between scenes if they can. Sorry to hear Mayim might be getting a cold or allergies though. Not fun!

7.09 Script Cover. Looks to me like "The Thanksgiving Decoupling" or "The Thanksgiving Recoupling", either which sound rather sad:
I'm sure raj showed everyone a picture of her at one point just to prove she was real. I bet amy would have been suspicious especially at first since she's invented boyfriends herself.

Script could als be The Theoretical Decoupling. I really hope it's not Recupling because that sounds like lucy and raj getting back together and I think he's learned as much as he can from her, and I want to watch him make an ass of himself in front of more women with stewart.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRose21 (View Post)
Hmm, looks like Thanksgiving something-coupling. So it could be De-coupling or Re-coupling. But re-coupling means to get back together, so I'm guessing decoupling. I wonder if one of the couples breaks up? I hope not. Maybe a fight or something though.
My thought is that the "Decoupling" could be because of it being a holiday and each come from their own families. You know...one of these things where say Penny's family expect her back in Nebraska and Leonard's family expects him to be in New York or whatever? It could be one of those things where the couples want to be together, but they also want to be with their families and not cause further problems with their own families.

That is a very realistic issue that every couple faces when they are together. I could be wrong, but it given it is very likely a Thanksgiving episode (as per the photo and now the script cover), it would tie into that kind of a scenario well.

I am just trying to figure out how they would make that funny. Because it seems like that wouldn't be a terribly funny circumstance if the couples end up having to be apart but really miss their significant others.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

OK, I'm keeping an open mind for this episode but the plot does sound interesting.

Aww @ Penny getting protective over Raj

I think it looks like The Tha something upling
Old 10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
My thought is that the "Decoupling" could be because of it being a holiday and each come from their own families. You know...one of these things where say Penny's family expect her back in Nebraska and Leonard's family expects him to be in New York or whatever? It could be one of those things where the couples want to be together, but they also want to be with their families and not cause further problems with their own families.

That is a very realistic issue that every couple faces when they are together. I could be wrong, but it given it is very likely a Thanksgiving episode (as per the photo and now the script cover), it would tie into that kind of a scenario well.

I am just trying to figure out how they would make that funny. Because it seems like that wouldn't be a terribly funny circumstance if the couples end up having to be apart but really miss their significant others.

I like your scenario much better, lol. They could make it funny somehow, without it being a depressing fight/breakup episode. Maybe they're all trying to get somewhere separate for Thanksgiving, but they all end up spending it together because of mishaps or something.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I like your scenario much better, lol. They could make it funny somehow, without it being a depressing fight/breakup episode. Maybe they're all trying to get somewhere separate for Thanksgiving, but they all end up spending it together because of mishaps or something.
oh, that sounds cute.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd love to see howard and bernadette dealing with their in-laws during a holiday they both celebrate.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I like this idea a lot...that they end up spending it together.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

I imagine Raj had shown many, many pictures of Lucy to the girls and guys. So it wouldn't really surprise me if Penny knew what Lucy looked like.

I'd like to think that if they couldn't give us a Halloween episode we could see a Popeye and Olive Oyl picture on the fridge.

for 7.09:

My first thought was that everyone had to go their own families during Thanksgiving because we've had plenty of couple arguments already this season. The freshest thing would be for kids and parents to be back together but we would have heard something about guest stars by now. It would make that episode another scavenger hunt type challenge to put together. The other type of decoupling would be too sad.

Coupling though could also have something to do with plumbing, electronics, electricity or engineering so if we think of it in science terms there is more to imagine.
Maybe their dinner ends up in total chaos because of some freaky invention/innovation one of them put together. That could be funny.

Was the cotton candy a clue too? Maybe they re-couple and end up spending remainder of their day at an amusement park. I never get those darn clues.

***On another note who do we tweet to quit with those Amy jokes about not getting any?--- LAME-O!

Last edited by dessertisserved; 10-30-2013 at 11:57 AM
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I can definitely see this happening with either of the three couples. And you are right that it becomes (and often remains) an issue for most couples. The families on both sides usually want the couple for the holiday and the couple has to work out a way to split their time. And it sometimes happens that the couple get so fed up with the whole thing they decide not to visit either family, and just spend the holiday alone together or with other friends in the same boat (been there, done that).

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread