Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Loyal Fan

They are going warp speed in their relationship.
On one side I LOVE IT!!! The other side wants them to take it slow.
I dont want them on the road of Penny and Leoanrd...the back and forth thing, or rush into sex or saying ILY.
This is Shamy, so things have to go slow but those damn writers are teasing us and having Sheldon and Amy progress in their relationship.
Sheldon holds Amy hand, mutual hand holding, talk of hickies, "bandaides" and now Vap o Rub, bath assisted by Sheldon and now SPANKING!!!!!!!

Sheldon doesnt like the smell of vap o rub on his hands but he rubs Amy's chest?
He's taking care of Amy sickness for multiple day??!?!?!!!
Oh the spanking.......Sheldon is a naive in many ways but hes no way stupid. He knows what hes doing. That guy is crafty

I cant wait for this epsiode to air.

Last edited by SHAMY FAN; 11-14-2012 at 09:41 AM
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Extreme Fan

I am COMPLETELY USELESS AT WORK TODAY!!!

Fortunately, I don't have any projects pending or I'd be in real trouble!!

Anyway, so, I've had a few hours to think about all of this--is Sheldon really clueless, etc.

First of all, I do want to say that I liked the scene with Penny and the boys and their various reactions. And I love that Howard really did try to learn how to hook the worm (poor wormy!!! that's one of the reasons I don't fish...) and gut the fish (poor fishy!!! that's the other reason I don't fish...) and was really trying hard to bond with his FIL.
And I love that the two men found some common ground. I'm sure it's beyond the scope of the episode, but it would actually be nice for Howard to kind of find a father-figure in Mr. Rostenkowski since his own dad isn't around.
(Wow, I just had an idea--what if Howard's dad saw him on TV as an astronaut and decides to show up?!)

Anyway, now on to the WILD part...

I do think that the only real way to know how clueless or clever Sheldon may have been will depend entirely on how Jim plays it--Sheldon's voice, body language (!) and facial expressions.
We know that Sheldon can be pretty clueless or nonchalant about female nudity. He was completely unmoved by seeing Penny's naked breast(s) and butt and didn't find it at all arousing.
Now, of course, Amy is his girlfriend, but since he's still apparently reluctant to hold hands and no mention of kissing has been made (other than Amy's suggetsion of a hickey...) I don't know that he thinks about her physically in a sexual way.

As for the spanking punishment, it didn't really seem that out of the blue to me. As recently as the 5th season, in The Rhinitis Revelation, his mother threatened to put him over her knee, so as a punishment it wouldn't be unfamiliar to him (and I was right there with Leonard, begging him to pester his mother one more time about the fried chicken... )

I find the bathing a little more eyebrow-raising than the spanking, in terms of Sheldon being clueless. He hasn't expressed any kind of physical or sexual kink before, so we don't know if there's anything that turns him on sexually at all at this point.
I also think that all of the ministrations he's performing, apart from the bathing, are things that he expects to be done for him when he's sick--the Vap-O-Rub, the singing, the "taking care of". He demands certain things, so he seems to assume that anyone who is sick would need or want such things.

For Amy, it's all just a bonus.

One funny little note--back in the original unaired pilot, Leonard told Sheldon to just admit that he was an A-S-S-man...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Regarding 6x11 sides. Do you think Sheldon's grandpa has died? Or is Po-Po (whatever) his name for his Dad?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
Regarding 6x11 sides. Do you think Sheldon's grandpa has died? Or is Po-Po (whatever) his name for his Dad?

I was thinking about that.
I think it might be his grandpa. I thought Sheldon's dad died almost recently. Not that recent but before season 1 because Missy brought paper work for Sheldon to sign regard his dad's estate. I also dont think Sheldon and his dad had a great relationship.
So I think its his Po Po

Awww i think Sheldon misses his grandpa
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
Sheldon doesnt like the smell of vap o rub on his hands but he rubs Amy's chest?
He's taking care of Amy sickness for multiple day??!?!?!!!
Oh the spanking.......Sheldon is a naive in many ways but hes no way stupid. He knows what hes doing. That guy is crafty
Okay. That bit threw me off, especially the vapor rub thing. Yeah, he doesn't want the feel of it on his fingers (am I right?) but he would do it for Amy. It's such a sweet gesture. Now, I suddenly wonder why my mind is rolling back to the gutter?

Quote:
I'm sorry but "You want to spank me?" "I don't want to, but you've given me no choice." is the dirtiest thing ever.
Chloe, I said I need your help right now because I am having a difficulty processing all this info that I am really confused and just basking in all these feels. Well, Amy is a dirty, dirty, dirty girl.

Yeah, I am a bit more shocked with the bandaid more than the spanking too. What was Chloe's term again? Casually whipping out her bandaid out in the open? Though, I don't know. I suddenly want to skip episode 8 so we can see it but then we'd miss the ILY and the hakeysack and the possibility of seeing the flashmob, GAH! Fangirl problems.

Don't worry, Rae. I wanted to reblog your post in tumblr but I can't because I was having problems there but you are entitled to feel uncomfortable with that scene. Yes, most of us loved it but I can bet my butt out in the open that some will also think of it as out of character. There's nothing wrong with stating that you don't like it. So, yeah, don't worry. There's no pleasing everybody. To be honest, actually, I'm still shocked that you ARE with us in the spoiler thread, because you were so strong-willed not to be spoiled so much in season 5.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think Po-Po is Meemaw's late husband. I took it to be his grandfather. I don't think he would have called his Dad that. He has always mentioned him in terms of being his father and never said that name for him before.

I think he may have loved his Po-Po a lot as well as his Meemaw, but more important wanted his Po-Po back for his Meemaw. I could so see Sheldon wanting that.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

After reading the taping report, I have to say I love all the stories.

Penny and the guys fishing lessons ("Don't name it, just stick a hook through it's face!").
Howard bonding with Mr Rostenkowski.
Bernadette and her drugs for Amy - "a side effect is that it may make your tears feel like acid, so if you do decide to take it, happy thoughts!"
And of course, clueless Sheldon and that wily minx Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I do think that the only real way to know how clueless or clever Sheldon may have been will depend entirely on how Jim plays it--Sheldon's voice, body language (!) and facial expressions.
We know that Sheldon can be pretty clueless or nonchalant about female nudity. He was completely unmoved by seeing Penny's naked breast(s) and butt and didn't find it at all arousing.
Now, of course, Amy is his girlfriend, but since he's still apparently reluctant to hold hands and no mention of kissing has been made (other than Amy's suggetsion of a hickey...) I don't know that he thinks about her physically in a sexual way.

As for the spanking punishment, it didn't really seem that out of the blue to me. As recently as the 5th season, in The Rhinitis Revelation, his mother threatened to put him over her knee, so as a punishment it wouldn't be unfamiliar to him (and I was right there with Leonard, begging him to pester his mother one more time about the fried chicken... )

I find the bathing a little more eyebrow-raising than the spanking, in terms of Sheldon being clueless. He hasn't expressed any kind of physical or sexual kink before, so we don't know if there's anything that turns him on sexually at all at this point.
I also think that all of the ministrations he's performing, apart from the bathing, are things that he expects to be done for him when he's sick--the Vap-O-Rub, the singing, the "taking care of". He demands certain things, so he seems to assume that anyone who is sick would need or want such things.

For Amy, it's all just a bonus.

One funny little note--back in the original unaired pilot, Leonard told Sheldon to just admit that he was an A-S-S-man...
Hmm. I tend to agree here. I did take all the Sheldon and Amy scenes as him being his usual clueless self when it comes to these matters. Amy is years ahead of him in that regard, she has always been more in tune to it while he remains oblivious. I think it's the only way to play it at this point, otherwise they're in danger of jumping way too far ahead and not being believable, if that makes sense? Ahhh. I don't know. I loved it, though.

And the spanking better make it to TV. I NEED TO SEE IT.

Regarding the sides, Sheldon's pop-pop (aww) has never been mentioned before, and I did assume the Santa was talking about his grandpa, not his dad.
I thought it was going to be really sweet... until Santa whipped out the gun and started shooting. Then it's just became hilarious. "Leonard's been a bad boy this year!"

It does make me wonder about the rest of that episode now. Are they going to bring in MeeMaw??
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for reposting the report here.

I read it several hours back on the other forum, but I'm still in something of a state of shock. I - honestly - don't know how I feel, even if this sounds weird. On the one hand, I'm having a QJSHFUHBUNFIDIFOGOHPGG keyboard smash moment

and on the other hand, I am drowning in an ocean of bliss because Sheldon Cooper came back and took care of her, Sheldon Cooper said he cares for her well-being, Sheldon Cooper said their relationship was one of trust and mutual admiration

and on another hand (I didn't know I had three hands), all the physical hints.. I can't. even. Am I dreaming, or is this fan-fiction come to life, or am I in ecstasy about the way they're going, or am I feeling actually uncomfortable? I really don't know.

So on the whole, I'm in a state of daze, and feeling genuinely faint with the impact of reading about this episode. (I'm sorry to say, I couldn't even focus on the Howard storyline). Honestly, I don't think I can comment in any more detail about this till after I see it - see the way Jim and Mayim play it, their expressions and body language. Especially Jim/Sheldon's - that's so crucial to the whole situation. Apropos the eternal question, just how clueless is Sheldon anyway? And how ambiguous are they going to leave that, after this episode?

Sigh.. try as I might, I can't think of anything but this taping report. I might be in hell till 6 December or whenever this airs. But definitely.don't.stop.

p.s. The Jim/Mayim BTS moments.. heavens above.

p.p.s. I know the above gushing would have been more appropriate for a Shamy board than a general one.. but my self-control is failing me today. Sorry.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Addicted Fan

So, yeah, for someone's benefit and for the sake of argument, I'll be posting what Kyzzx said again:
Quote:
At every point in this episode when he was talking to her, he had a childish innocence about him and was definitely the robotic nutjob we've all come to know. It was very, very similar acting to this season's first episode, where he sounds all innocent at the dinner table at the restaurant, is the best I can describe it. He definitely did do every one of these things (rub stuff on her chest, bathe her, spank her) and at NO point did he think it was anything other than normal behavior. He just didn't pick up on it.

I might be nitpicking but he can have sex and still be asexual. Asexuality is a little different. It can mean no sex drive at all, but it can also just mean the person has an extreme lack of desire to have sex. So for all we know, he could be 'turned on' but has no plans to do anything about it.

He was straight-faced when he talked about his dad punishing his brother, and that's when she says, "So... you wanna... spank me?"
His eyes go wide and his hands go up and he says, "Oh, no, I don't want to! But you've left me no choice." in mannerisms similar to what we see all the time. That's what I got from it, anyway.
So, yeah. Clueless Sheldon is the way we go from. Now, from what she said about the spanking part where he lifts his hand there, I kind of imagined a little Sheldon seeing his brother's reaction to his brother's spanking and that he was kind of traumatized, and that when he said, "Oh, no, I don't want to!" He was too afraid to hurt her the way his father was hurting his brother in that memory. But... I don't know, with the "But you left me with no choice" part, he was being Authoritarian!Sheldon imposing the punishment. and that he still haven't picked up on what Amy was thinking of.

Gosh I am so confused here.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Don't worry, Rae. I wanted to reblog your post in tumblr but I can't because I was having problems there but you are entitled to feel uncomfortable with that scene. Yes, most of us loved it but I can bet my butt out in the open that some will also think of it as out of character. There's nothing wrong with stating that you don't like it. So, yeah, don't worry. There's no pleasing everybody. To be honest, actually, I'm still shocked that you ARE with us in the spoiler thread, because you were so strong-willed not to be spoiled so much in season 5.
thanks.

As I said in tumblr, I really really really like this episode, it's just that last bit that threw me off. As someone said to me in a PM this morning, when I expressed that i didn't like them turning Shamy into some Shades of Gray thing (I know it's not THAT bad, I'm just being dramatic), I hope that this doesn't become the new "Amy says awkward things to Penny." I like their courtship aspect and they're just making it weird to me. I mean...we've heard of Howard doing weird things, but they didn't show too much. I mean...how is it that the direction the Shamy are going is weirder than anything H/B or L/P are doing? I don't know. I feel like I'm not adequately expressing myself. Anyway, sadly, I think this is going to be one of those things where I'll love the episode, but it'll leave a bad taste in my mouth at the end.

I'll just try to ignore the feeling and remember everything that happens before that in the episode.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Awwww, it does sound like his Grandpa has died and he's asking Santa for him back but then Santa whips out a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)

Chloe, I said I need your help right now because I am having a difficulty processing all this info that I am really confused and just basking in all these feels. Well, Amy is a dirty, dirty, dirty girl.

Yeah, I am a bit more shocked with the bandaid more than the spanking too. What was Chloe's term again? Casually whipping out her bandaid out in the open? Though, I don't know. I suddenly want to skip episode 8 so we can see it but then we'd miss the ILY and the hakeysack and the possibility of seeing the flashmob, GAH! Fangirl problems.
I needed you too. I still can't cope. I can't believe. She's so filthy and so is Sheldon even it seems like he doesn't know.

It was actually casually whipping her vagina out.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Angel for the update on Sheldon's body language. I am choosing to believe that he is innocent in these things (yet turned on but does not want to reveal that in any way because he still is trying to cope and understand it himself). I just don't want it to come across that he doesn't have "romantic" feelings toward Amy. I also don't want it to be overly sexual either because I don't think any of us are ready for that with these two. Hard to explain. I guess Pom suggested, I don't know what to think. Part of me is so excited to see this episode and finding it amazingly amusing, while another part wants to be offended in a way. I just feel all over the map.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Total Fan

The Santa sides were updated. The episode title is "The Santa Simulation" (oops). I think that the only thing they changed was Sheldon's last line.

Regarding Po-Po, if he's Meemaw's husband, then Sheldon mentioned him in TDE and my guess is that he died a long time ago:

Sheldon: You know, when my grandfather died, and Meemaw was alone, my mom arranged for her to visit a centre three times a week where she could socialize with other lonely people.

The Po-Po reference might be a childhood story that Sheldon tells earlier in the episode, not necessarily that his grandfather just died.

Regarding the spanking, I am with Rae in thinking it is weird. It is not as bad as the band aid thing since I can see how Sheldon came up with that 'punishment' given his upbringing.
However, it is another WTH moment for me. I didn't really laugh at it just as I did not laugh when I saw the backseat scene from 6x9. Maybe it's still too early to tell, but I am concerned that the Amy's aggressiveness vs. Sheldon's innocence theme will be come a running gag. I don't want it to ruin my sweet babies' relationship. If this goes on for too long, Amy will come across as really desperate and Sheldon will come across as someone who will never be able to satisfy her needs, and people will start to wonder why they're still together ... kinda like another couple in the show.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
The Santa sides were updated. The episode title is "The Santa Simulation" (oops). I think that the only thing they changed was Sheldon's last line.

Regarding Po-Po, if he's Meemaw's husband, then Sheldon mentioned him in TDE and my guess is that he died a long time ago:

Sheldon: You know, when my grandfather died, and Meemaw was alone, my mom arranged for her to visit a centre three times a week where she could socialize with other lonely people.

The Po-Po reference might be a childhood story that Sheldon tells earlier in the episode, not necessarily that his grandfather just died.

Regarding the spanking, I am with Rae in thinking it is weird. It is not as bad as the band aid thing since I can see how Sheldon came up with that 'punishment' given his upbringing.
However, it is another WTH moment for me. I didn't really laugh at it just as I did not laugh when I saw the backseat scene from 6x9. Maybe it's still too early to tell, but I am concerned that the Amy's aggressiveness vs. Sheldon's innocence theme will be come a running gag. I don't want it to ruin my sweet babies' relationship. If this goes on for too long, Amy will come across as really desperate and Sheldon will come across as someone who will never be able to satisfy her needs, and people will start to wonder why they're still together ... kinda like another couple in the show.
Thanks for the update about the Santa sides.

I agree with your assessment about these racier scenes in the recent episodes. I clearly don't want it to become too much of Amy pathetically aggressive and Sheldon pathetically clueless. I want them to progress as the sweet, old-fashioned (in a way), romance that they started with. Sure I want progress, but both of them progressing. They need to show Sheldon progressing in his own sexual awareness (that he does get aroused), and not it just be Amy all the time. Otherwise, I agree, they will disappoint another fan base over the treatment of a fan-favorite coupling. They still are having to dig themselves out of what they did to L/P. I hope they don't do go that route with Shamy.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I'd be more alarmed if they were making out & being overtly sexual. But all of this is just some kinky fluff which I am thoroughly enjoying. I'm at work - but did he suggest tying her up or something before her ST suggestion? I really don't care if I see the spank...I need to hear the dialogue.

This was written by Lorre, Prady & Tara - I trust them with these characters. My Shamy feels aren't fuzzy....its downright dirty....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread