Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I totally crack/ship Rajamy(Ramy?) & I've been waiting for this forever....& I am just moved by their heart to heart on paper - I hope it lives up to what it seems like.

I also hope this is a vehicle for Raj/Amy scenes so that way Raj can get some more screen time & maybe Jelly! Shelly makes an appearance soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I think the fashion show was probably the only "happy" part of the episode. So yes, I liked that and the Forever 63 line. I liked some of the Raj/Amy interaction, but it was sort of like watching two train wrecks comparing which is worse in a way.

I feel bad that they made the Christmas episode "filler". I really hope 6.12 has a lot better potential. Is there any possibility that it could be a NYE episode?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Total Fan

Well, the last time there was a NYE episode (TJLR), it aired 2 weeks before New Year's instead of a Christmas episode. I think that the next two episodes to be taped will air in January.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

5 x 12 aired in Jan so it'll probably be the same.

Are you talking about when Penny said Forever 63 or at the bar when Amy said it? I don't know if I liked Amy's line about meeting guys, .
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't see Rajamy as 'trainwrecks' but rather two people who up to now haven't had the best of luck in romance....but since Amy found Sheldon that means Raj can find someone too. That's some deep **** right there & I totally love it.

Also Amy's comments were just a snapback to Penny's Forever 63 comment.

Also....Speckerman was utter ****e
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm disappointed and not in the episode but how some of you guys judge an episode before it even airs. This is why I never read reports anymore. I couldn't help with this one for a certain reason but still. It ruins the entire surprise factor of it all. I have a feeling when this airs you will take back your judgment.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
5 x 12 aired in Jan so it'll probably be the same.

Are you talking about when Penny said Forever 63 or at the bar when Amy said it? I don't know if I liked Amy's line about meeting guys, .
I meant when Penny said it...definitely not Amy.

I know they tape in December two episodes so it looks like we won't be getting a NYE episode. I just hope it is back to being more upbeat next time.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

That's some serious bleeping on your post, Kiru. Yeah. I love her comeback. Let's see how that line was delivered.

Edit: These are not judgements, these are opinions. Also, I think you may have overlooked the fact that we keep on saying that we bet it would be entirely different once it airs. Seriously.

Last edited by rubyanjel; 11-21-2012 at 11:22 AM
Old 11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Extreme Fan

That's my point : its just a line....delivered in a non sweeps episode which except for Rajamy seems very filler....meh!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
That's some serious bleeping on your post, Kiru. Yeah. I love her comeback. Let's see how that line was delivered.

Edit: These are not judgements, these are opinions. Also, I think you may have overlooked the fact that we keep on saying that we bet it would be entirely different once it airs. Seriously.
The tape attendee didnt exactly upsell the episode either. I know someone who was there that thought completely different.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SOME DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some play out worse, EG I thought 6x 06 played out worse, BUT I thought 6 x 08 played out better, but that is my O-P-I-N-I-O-N! Congrats
Old 11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
IT'S ALL A MATTER OF OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME DIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SOME DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some play out worse, EG I thought 6x 06 played out worse, BUT I thought 6 x 08 played out better, but that is my O-P-I-N-I-O-N! Congrats
K. you dont need to yell. I too have an opinion and I feel some are too quick to draw.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Well it's got a L/P scene so it can't be too bad and they seem to be in a happy relationship so I'm Happy.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy (View Post)
I don't see Rajamy as 'trainwrecks' but rather two people who up to now haven't had the best of luck in romance....but since Amy found Sheldon that means Raj can find someone too. That's some deep **** right there & I totally love it.

Also Amy's comments were just a snapback to Penny's Forever 63 comment.

Also....Speckerman was utter ****e
on all counts (especially Speckerman. )
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
K. you dont need to yell. I too have an opinion and I feel some are too quick to draw.
Krys, you are right that it was not upsold at all. Bottom line, the taping reports typically are not nearly as good as what gets aired because they are not the full vision ever. The edited version gives a much clearer vision of what was intended in the unfolding of story. So while I find the report very disappointing for a Christmas episode, I know that I will likely enjoy it a lot more when aired.

I think what disappoints most people is that because it was a perfect opportunity to capitalize on what they had built thus far this season with the couples, instead they went a different direction and sort of went "serious" on us with the issues they brought up (Raj's lonliness, Amy's need to feel sexually desirable, Sheldon's childhood, etc.). While there are some lighter moments such as the cat-walk scene , most of it was rather "heavy" for a sit-com, especially given it is supposed to be an upbeat time of year. It comes across as story back-fill and not really moving forward per se. It is sort of 'meh' as opposed to truly being entertaining. I am not even sure the back-fill stories were all that foundational. This may not go anywhere and that also makes it even less desirable.

Will we enjoy it? Probably, because overall I can't say I never enjoyed an episode of BBT, but will this be on the top 10 list of great episodes, probably not. And I do think I can say that without watching it fairly enough based on the taping report.