Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the taping review, I thought it was funny. I liked that we got some Raj time and the girls went out.

So tell us more about Penny's dress
Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sounds like a lackluster episode.

Not buying that Leonard would turn down a night of sex with Penny for a game of DnD. Not by a long shot even with the spin "that he's becoming more secure in the relationship with her" that I've been seeing some people use.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Im not really worried that this episode will have an influence for future events (except that there perhaps will be a storyline with Amy helping Raj and his mutism).

It seems this episode was made for people who always complain that there is to much relationship-stuff in the show and that the Nerds don't do nerdy things anymore. So lets make those people happy, too and don't panik that this episode will cause any harm to one of our beloved couples
Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyoda (View Post)
Oh, it's not as bad as I thought! I liked it. It does sound familiar, like it's a mash-up of TAD and TWV from the bar scene/guys game night perspective, but I loved Amy bonding with Raj, their tales of loneliness. ( at waking up with more clothes on.. poor Amy!)...I do hope they interact a bit more in future - she can help his mutism, I know she can.

I do hope they're not going to have Raj crushing on Amy next, though... Not sure how that might go, but I don't think it would end well.
If Sheldon karate chopped Leonard for Amy, and Leonard is his best friend, if he finds out about Raj's crush... I predict he'll go medieval on Raj's ass

Regarding the episode: It didn't sound that bad to me. A bit boring, yes, a bit depressing, maybe, but then again, Christmas for many is boring and for many more IS depressing to it is kinda appropiate.

Enjoyed Raj/Amy interaction and I can just imagine now Kath's reaction to her crack/ship being teased

(and of course, some other people finidng their new convenient OTP)

to be honest, I kinda crack/ship them already
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Total Fan

I think this episode is pretty good! The Raj/Amy interaction is long overdue and funny. Sheldon's meltdown over Santa might explain why he doesn't celebrate Christmas and it turns out that it has nothing to do with religious reasons.

I think expectations were way too high after the last few episodes. The story is mostly filler, but this filler is a million times better than Speckerman Recurrence.

Tbh, my biggest disappointments are a- if one removes the "Santa" from the title and the DND theme, this could have been aired anytime during the season (nothing really "Christmas" about it) and b- they didn't use the Three Wise Monkeys in the infamous spanking scene of the previous episode. That would have been very interesting from a storytelling perspective. Oh, well.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
The story is mostly filler, but this filler is a million times better than Speckerman Recurrence.
Well it looks like The Speckerman Recurrence is disliked by everyone(I checked the episode thread also)

But I felt the exact opposite way...

I thought it had "one of the most important scenes/the most important scene" you can ever get in Big Bang Theory as it was essentially made to prove that nerds are cool
The moment/scene is when Jimmy tells that back in school Leonard was the was the loser and he was the winner but now Leonard is the winner and he is the loser..which proved that
THE GEEK WON THE GEEK WON THE GEEK WON THE GEEK WON THE GEEK WON
This is the essence of Big Bang Theory not Lenny/Shamy

Yeah they ended with the scene where both L/S were running away...but it felt plausible..... and they atleast stood up to him

And we also got Sheldon admitting his love for Leonard(platonically ofcourse )..because previously we mostly had Sheldon dismissing Leonard

The girls part was also amusing and felt plausible as Penny(like Jimmy) did not even know back then that she was actually bullying the girl

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode and felt that it was one of the best installments of Big Bang Theory

Too bad not many people seem to like it

Last edited by vasu; 11-21-2012 at 09:03 AM
Old 11-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyoda (View Post)
Oh, it's not as bad as I thought! I liked it. It does sound familiar, like it's a mash-up of TAD and TWV from the bar scene/guys game night perspective, but I loved Amy bonding with Raj, their tales of loneliness. ( at waking up with more clothes on.. poor Amy!)...I do hope they interact a bit more in future - she can help his mutism, I know she can.

I do hope they're not going to have Raj crushing on Amy next, though... Not sure how that might go, but I don't think it would end well.
This pretty much sums up how I felt as well. Not a fantastic episode, but I'm not disappointed either. It's certainly a million times better than the episode they left us with last year before Christmas
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe this is the Speckerman, Plimpton ep of the season. Hate that it's the Xmas ep. They could have done soo much with it.

I'm glad Raj and Amy are finally understanding each other. I hope raj finds someone soon. Like Bernadtte said said he's a cutie but he's a jerk sometimes when he drinks. I hope Amy can fix Raj and I'd love to see Raj have a makeover...no more hideous vests
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
Maybe this is the Speckerman, Plimpton ep of the season. Hate that it's the Xmas ep. They could have done soo much with it.

I'm glad Raj and Amy are finally understanding each other. I hope raj finds someone soon. Like Bernadtte said said he's a cutie but he's a jerk sometimes when he drinks. I hope Amy can fix Raj and I'd love to see Raj have a makeover...no more hideous vests
I would love to see Amy help Raj win Alex. It would serve a lot of purposes. She would not have to worry about Alex developing feelings for Sheldon and she would be able to help out her Bestie by getting Alex to crush on someone other than Leonard (and Sheldon).

It would be fun to see Amy help him with his selective mutism as well and then Raj help her dress a bit more stylish (still like Amy, but nicer fitting and less offensive in color combinations, etc.).

I also think this could lead to some interesting Sheldon/Raj scenes if Sheldon finds out about Raj's crush on Amy. It might make Sheldon take action to hold on to his woman!

What I wish, however, is that they would have let this be a fun Christmas episode and not one so much of a downer. While I understand the significance of revealing Sheldon's childhood was key, it still is a big downer. Likewise, I agree that this is along with Speckerman episode - a bit boring.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't think they dislike it. They just thought since it's a filler, it didn't have any developments in anything, relationshipwise or characterwise.

I must admit, I had a good laugh while reading this. I was ranting somewhere else about something, but now I was able to process it. It wasn't really bad, and like what Moyra said, it's LOADS better than Speckerman. It IS a filler but I love that they subtly touched on three things here, I think.

One is Raj's love life and what his problem is. He's just so in need of love. Poor Rajie. The girls did offer to find him a hook-up but he declined. And then when it came to the girl, he said that he did have a tendency to go for girls being too good for him. That said, when he mentioned that he had a thing for his friend's girls and that he kind of actually said moments ago that he goes for girls that are too good for him, Amy felt insecure that she wasn't one of those girls.

Which brings us to case 2-- Amy's insecurity. She said so herself, that she's the kind of girl who never gets looked twice, so when Raj said he never felt something for Amy, she was kind of disappointed because he did say he had a thing for his friend's girls and she IS the girl of one of his friends and that she felt left out. I liked that when they were having this conversation, they both had a connection and that she even said that she HAS Sheldon and that he'll find someone for him too. We've seen Amy being depicted as that girl who always wanted to sort-of get what she missed out in her past, and that one of those is that she wanted to be crushed-on by someone else and don't get left behind. She has this insecurity left out from her days and that she just want to get some of those fulfilled. So, when she and Raj related to each other, and when he suddenly "thinks" he likes her, she got satisfied and that she's not left out anymore.

The third one I saw is Sheldon's childhood problem, again. Sheldon held grudge on Santa and that's one of the reason he doesn't like to join in the Christmas spirit. He also mentioned something about wanting his Pop-pop back because he's one of two people who encourage him to take up science, what with his Mother being a firm christian and his father a strong texan, he felt like he did not get the kind of support/encouragement he wanted from his parents. So, up to this point, he still had this issue and that he was able to open up another layer of him.

Well, I'm not sure what they wanted out of this episode but like what my darling Gabby from tumblr said to me, on a scale of hot to freezing, this episode is tepid. I can't deny though that this crush thing of Raj over Amy will open up some doors for a lot of possibilities in the future (in the Shamy front, that is) though I guess it might be a one-episode thing because it has served its purpose for Amy's insecurity. But then again, his last line made me curious, "Now that I know I can't have her, I kind of want her." Oh Raj.

Kath freaked out alright.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I guess they tried to accomplish too many "downer" conversations in one episode though. That I think is the real problem, especially given it was a Christmas episode. I know many people suffer from depression during the Christmas season, but honestly, most want to watch to be happy instead of brought down further.

I know they were trying to reveal Raj's loneliness again, Amy's insecurity again, and then Sheldon's childhood issues, but with a bit of a new twist for his story. However, unless the aired version is way, way, way better than the summary, it just wasn't interesting. It to me was boring and a downer both. A bad combination. I may not even watch this one live (so they don't get my rating on it). Actually, I probably will, but....

I guess the one thing I wonder is if somehow the Raj/Amy thing - if Sheldon were to learn Raj has a crush on his g/f and Sheldon and Raj were discussion (most likely with the other two guys there), I could see somehow the conversation turning in a way that Sheldon reveals he has seen Amy naked before and that could lead to all kinds of interesting reaction from the guys, including Sheldon. Perhaps it will make his eidetic memory kick into place and suddenly he won't be having quite such pure thoughts about his actions when he cared for Amy.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Passionate Fan

This reads like an episode that I will have to watch first before I say I will or wont like it.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked the episode, but it is probably my least favourite of the season.

I liked the girls modelling and then they said Amy showing off a bit of ankle. HOT!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Total Fan

Anjel, dear, I hope you're not freaking out over the Raj/Amy conversation.

Raj's line at the end was just bringing the story of Raj crushing on all his friend's girlfriends full circle. I'll be surprised if it has any impacts on future story lines.

I didn't think that the tone of the episode was depressing at all while reading it.
I'm pretty sure that it will be even better on TV. Maybe I'm just in a good mood lately.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Anjel, dear, I hope you're not freaking out over the Raj/Amy conversation.

Raj's line at the end was just bringing the story of Raj crushing on all his friend's girlfriends full circle. I'll be surprised if it has any impacts on future story lines.

I didn't think that the tone of the episode was depressing at all while reading it.
I'm pretty sure that it will be even better on TV. Maybe I'm just in a good mood lately.
Aww... Thank you!

No, I must've said somewhere else that I had alarm bells going off at the Ramy conversation. So, now that I processed it, I actually find the episode not that depressing. I do think it's a filler. And that they just wanted Raj to go a full circle and finally crush over his friends' gals. Haha. We really do need a girl for him. If it has an impact of any future storyline, I bet a box of my favorite chocolate butternut donuts and cream cheese donuts it's for Sheldon and Amy this time.

Maybe this episode will look better on screen.

P.S. Yeah, and Amy's throwaway line doesn't bother me at all. They can judge her again all they want. Don't the writers sort of remove lines sometimes? Maybe they'd feel it's not necessary and cut that part... though I love that Forever 63 joke. Gosh, I'm torn.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread