Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)

FYI, the 6-3 sides were revised yesterday. They changed a few lines in the cafeteria scene and added some of the 'science' stuff that was TBD in the prior version.
So with the changes, did you still think that Alex was not a Shamy complication or did anything change as far as impressions of the character?

The science discussion probably isn't relevant specifically. But did any other dialog change the overall impression?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, i definitely think that her inebriation had something to do with the extremity of the things she was saying

ooh yeah, any more new info from those sides?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Total Fan

Sorry, I thought most of you could see the sides. Anyway, they added L/Alex interaction. They specified that Alex laughs at Leonard's comments and he laughs too a couple of times, and that Penny reacts to the bonding. It doesn't say how she reacts.
It also says that Sheldon chokes on a cherry stem.

SPOILER ALERT!

He survives.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you Moyra, I think that it was a good idea to add more Leonard and Alex. I'm kind of disappointed Sheldon survives though. That could've been one hell of a plot twist.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Sorry, I thought most of you could see the sides. Anyway, they added L/Alex interaction. They specified that Alex laughs at Leonard's comments and he laughs too a couple of times, and that Penny reacts to the bonding. It doesn't say how she reacts.

SPOILER ALERT!

He survives.
I am so thankful he survives. A great relief!

Yes, it sounds like they wanted to make it even more pronounced that Alex and Leonard had a little "bonding" going on that would annoy Penny based on what you wrote. I think this is good because Penny has been in such denial about her feelings for Leonard. Hopefully it will cause her to examine them better.

It will be interesting to see how long they keep Alex. I hope she is not a very long-term character, but more of a plot ploy. No offense to whoever gets cast, but just feel like we have a lot of characters already to keep tabs on and the show is only 20 minutes each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
Thank you Moyra, I think that it was a good idea to add more Leonard and Alex. I'm kind of disappointed Sheldon survives though. That could've been one hell of a plot twist.
Sucking in air and gasping....No Sheldon means no Jim. I don't even want to fathom that thought even if it would be a heck of a plot twist.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Craig, thanks for pointing that out. Oops. I removed the 'million'. Don't know where that came from. I wrote everything down on paper while I was flying back home so as to not forget it and just typed it in when I got home. I should read it again to make sure there are no other 'extraneous' words.
You did a great job, I probably wouldn't remember half of something like that.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I don't think Alex will be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I was pretty shocked that Amy said that they would be through if Sheldon didn't say something from the heart. I'd say that was definitely the alcohol talking. As was previously mentioned, it gave her looser lips.
I agree if Sheldon didn't say something and in the morning or whatever she found out they were over she'd be like what??
Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18
I was pretty shocked that Amy said that they would be through if Sheldon didn't say something from the heart. I'd say that was definitely the alcohol talking. As was previously mentioned, it gave her looser lips.
From speaking to Meg about it, it wasn't just the alcohol. Apparently she pauses and looks as though she struggles to say it, so it was thought through enough. And she was really upset and said it very seriously.

I'm glad she did.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
From speaking to Meg about it, it wasn't just the alcohol. Apparently she pauses and looks as though she struggles to say it, so it was thought through enough. And she was really upset and said it very seriously.

I'm glad she did.
Ah. Ok.

Ack! This is why I don't read spoilers! Too much left to wonder about! Those looks and pauses really make a difference in tone.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, Amy was upset and serious. I've said before when people here were wondering about drunk!Amy driving that my impression was that once she stood up to leave, she was not acting tipsy anymore. So I don't think she was drunk like in TAD.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Amy was upset and serious. I've said before when people here were wondering about drunk!Amy driving that my impression was that once she stood up to leave, she was not acting tipsy anymore. So I don't think she was drunk like in TAD.
She probably wasn't in the scene you witnessed. However, they could, should they so choose, to somehow use the fact she had some alcohol in her system as a means to explain an "accident" to help write in a means for covering her injury. After looking at the photos of how extensively covered they are (on both arms, no less), it seems they are going to have to write something in to explain her injuries. If they chose to use alcohol from the anniversary dinner, then I am guessing they will go with Option1 for the ending in edit. If they choose to write in her injuries say from a lab accident (attacked by Ricky or some other accident) then they may go with the second Option for an ending. It would just seem to me that even if she softened when she heard the Spiderman line (after being so serious with her threat), and then found out it was explained as another "loophole" that no matter how much she might understand him and believe he truly was speaking from his heart and covering, she still might be annoyed he made light of it and I could see her reacting to Take 1 scenario more than Take 2 scenario. Her real-life accident, could change a lot of what happens in episode 2 now and impact how they end the first episode.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

SPOILER ALERT!

He survives.
Uh oh! Who would administer the Heimlich maneuver?

I could see them keeping Alex around for a few episodes, not consecutive ones, but just popping up every now and again to get Penny motivated.

Thanks for the updated side info, Moyra!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I think with what happened in 6.01, Penny's reaction to Alex and Leonard being a bit "close" made some sense. I dunno. That's how it was to me.

He chocked on a cherry stem? HAHAHA!

Now I'm wondering if Shamy was still in good terms here in 6.03. I don't why I have it at the back of my mind if it did had something to with 6.01's events. Let's see. Though, it didn't sound there was a tension whatsoever, since Sheldon was acting normal. I don't knowwwww. *pulls hair out*

So, I guess we can blame Raj for Amy being more blunt with Sheldon in this episode since he was the one who bought that champagne. Lovely. *bwahaha

Meg, so I guess the 2nd scene will give those who are protective of Amy a happier feeling compared to scene 1?
Rae, you know I really thought of how Kath would react if scene 1 was to happen. OR even the entire episode, given how she was more protective of Amy in 5.19 than me.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I found this article but it shows Alex as a Shamy problem when we have seen that she is a LP problem.

The Big Band Theory, Season 6, Sheldon & Amy Spoilers | TV Film News

and they used my gif.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
I found this article but it shows Alex as a Shamy problem when we have seen that she is a LP problem.

The Big Band Theory, Season 6, Sheldon & Amy Spoilers | TV Film News

and they used my gif.
Well this was my comment all along with the sides. They may have appeared one way, but that does not tell the whole story. In the earlier side pages she clearly was flirting with Sheldon who was oblivious. Then in the latter pages, she was more "friendly" with Leonard. So it still could go either way and it depends on how long they keep her on the show. Also, the writers may have released information to press early on to make it seem like it is a Shamy complication and then decided to use her in the L/P story instead.

The other thing is, if this girl ends up being in more than one show, they could be having her be "crafty", thinking that if she plays up to Leonard, Sheldon would get jealous which is silly because he could probably care less. However, she could also flirt and wear "sexy" clothing, etc, coming on to Sheldon in front of Amy which is enough to cause some challenging conversations.

I am still unsure what the purpose of her character and I really have to ask why they need to bring her on to challenge Shamy this early in the game. They still have a lot of parallel orbiting going on as it is in a way. I also can't imagine Sheldon even responding in the slightest to a grad student period, no matter how cute, sexy, and cunning she was. I am not fond of how the writers make a person with such a brilliant IQ act as if he were sub-par IQ when it comes to crafty women. You don't have to have much in the brains department to start picking up on someone is really out for themselves and can destroy you, no matter how naive and innocent you are. Even little kids pick up fairly easily on who can be trusted and who can't be.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread