Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Can someone please PM me the sides logon info...mine doesnt work anymore...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love your taping Moyra!! Very detailed.

I love Raj so much, but it was so bad when he insulted Amy's stache! He's an ass. I love how he said it was the first date he'd had in a while like it was some freaky three-way. Oh, I like how he was being the cockblock for S/A and L/P instead of H/B for a change.

I don't think S/A are broken up, with whatever take they use.. I like both.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Regarding the 5 year plan, I don't think that's something Amy's going to verbalize. When I read about it, it was more like the writers saying that Amy had a 5 year plan...as in, she has it in her head. They may never mention it.

Moyra, I did wonder what you thought of how Amy was being treated. Oh my, I suspect Kath will not be a happy camper when she sees this episode. I guess I'm just the type that I doesn't mind characters going through pain, becuase I have faith that it'll lead somewhere. I don't like Amy getting mistreated by Sheldon, but then again, I think of Sheldon as a blockhead. He doesn't get a pass from me, but he acted pretty much like I'd expect him to act. I'm interested to see which ending they go with. If you think about it, the first ending would be more gratifying to those who want to protect Amy, because she sticks up for herself and has Sheldon groveling. If you have the 2nd ending then Amy is happy, but Sheldon gets away with it. I prefer the first ending, but the 2nd one wouldn't leave me angry or upset either.

I guess I'm easy to please.

Either way I don't think they're broken up. I suppose I have nothing to base that on, other than my own gut feeling.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Ours doesn't work anymore either Kiru.

So, Moyra, you think it gave the impression that they broke up in that episode? Shamy fans from tumblr who have read the taping reports didn't really had that kind of impression. Hmmm... So maybe for the casual viewers, it gives that impression?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think they're broken up at all....Amy is just being more forceful and frank with Sheldon...I like...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Total Fan

Chloe - I loved how they used Raj in this episode. He basically told L/P what most of the audience is thinking.
All mustache and sideburns jokes aside, he had an enthusiastic and romantic attitude during S/A's date that Sheldon should have had, if he were a real boy.
So he was basically going around pointing out the obvious flaws in the relationships.

Rae - As you know, I tend to side with Amy. I know that Sheldon is a blockhead and we love him for it but I keep thinking that if they were a real couple, I would have probably urged Amy to leave him a long time ago. There only so much 'obtuse' I can take in real life.
I suspect that if I were watching this on TV, by the end of the episode I would probably be cheering for take 1. I love it whenever Sheldon doesn't get away with it. The more I think about it, the more I'm hoping they'll go with it.

Anjel - Meg's hubby is a real BBT fan. I wouldn't call him a casual viewer but I got the impression he doesn't ship anyone (I'm sure Meg will correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I brought up his question/comment because I didn't really think about it at the time. Amy basically gave him an ultimatum, he told her how he felt in his usual roundabout way (not that I think that it makes it any less genuine), but in take 1 she got really mad when he tried to cover up with the loophole thing. So that would imply that they were 'through' since he didn't say something from his heart. I don't personally think they're broken up but I'd say take 1 would suggest to the audience that Amy would not be talking to him for a while.
It's all probably just a tiff that will be blown over by episode 2.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

when i read your reports, i didn't get the impression at all that they'd broken up. in fact, the thought never even crossed my mind till just now that it's been brought up here.

if they use the first take, they may be in a fight, but not broken up and if they use the second take, they're clearly not broken up either. hmmm, who knows, they might even just skip over the issue and ignore it by the time we're back into the second episode (though i really wouldn't like this to happen)

what i've always loved about amy is that she understand sheldon and the way that he is, and accepts him for that, but at the same time, she doesn't let him walk all over her and get his way just by stomping his feet and crying (metaphorically speaking of course).

the more i think about this actually, and read over the reports, the more i wouldn't mind either scenario. i'm not too fussy with these things, though i do cherish the thought of sheldon running after amy and shouting those things to her (right from his heart )
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved your report, Moyra...it made me relive the whole thing...*sigh*

As far as the impression of the episode, I personally didn't feel like they were broken up after the first take.
(keep in mind when Amy got so upset and made the comment about them being through if he didn't tell her something, she was pretty inebriated. They focused in on the champagne bottle sitting upside down in the ice bucket at the opening of the scene, so sister was a little more than tipsy...even though she didn't act too drunk or anything...no more than in TAD. But I think that the point of the alcohol was that it emboldened her to speak up and lose some of her patience that she usually has.)

But overall, even with Amy running out and Sheldon running after her, I didn't get the impression that she broke up with him, not yet anyway...it was VERY open ended. In fact each story line in the episode was open ended and like Moyra has mentioned, it really sets the tone and highlights the issues that everyone's going to be facing this season...like one of the spoiler articles said, everyone's facing some pretty grown-up issues this season, and in Sheldon's case, I don't think he really understands how serious this issue really is...he just doesn't get any of it...and that in and of itself is the biggest issue with them.

I still get the feeling that they'll go with the second take because of time, although I loved the first one for the possibilities. This could lead to a riff between them that Sheldon has to fix somehow, but we have to remember that there are lots of variables here. If they go with the first take, as Moyra said it's very possible that they don't even address it again, and just have that be an example of their ongoing issues, or it could be written off because Amy had an entire bottle of champagne. Then again, I would really love to see that story continued out over the next episode, which could very well mean some sort of distance between them. We just don't know...but if this leads to a break up or big fight that stretches into next episode, then I think it will be addressed then, I didn't get the impression from that scene that she was definitely breaking up...it just seemed like a big 'to be continued'.

Now if they go with the second take, then it still gets the point across, that they have this issue of Amy wanting more and Sheldon being clueless, but it makes it so that their issues would be drawn out a bit more. There's no immediate need for some sort of action, as there would be in the aftermath of the first take. Amy takes what Sheldon gives her, and Sheldon moves on, still oblivious to what just happened. So it still sets the tone for the season, but in a way where they can take several episodes over a long time to explore that. If they go with the first take, then there's a bigger possibility that this issue is going to be addressed immediately.

And yes, Moyra was fuming a bit after the first take. Haha. It was hard not to feel bad for poor Amy, and yes, the fans who are protective of Amy will probably not be happy, however this is why I like that there was alcohol involved. Amy does play the long game. She knows what she's getting with Sheldon, and normally I don't think she would expect him to be romantic (just think of her face when he held her hand). But when she had a full bottle of champagne in her, it understandably weakened her resolve and patience that she might normally have with Sheldon's cluelessness. We really saw Amy demand something from Sheldon right then and there, which goes against her normal calm and thoughtful planning to move Sheldon forward. Yes, she was upset (and understandably so) but I think the alcohol escalated her emotions in the situation, which makes me feel better when thinking about Amy's side of things. We hate to see Sheldon mistreating Amy (even if he doesn't know that he is), but the way Amy has handled Sheldon in the past, it's hard for me to see her giving him that kind of ultimatum if she was completely sober. Having said that, I'm glad that she did, and whatever take they decide to go with, we know that this issue is now on the table and going to be addressed (either immediately or over the course of the season).

ETA: and yes, my husband is more than a casual viewer, but definitely not a shipper (although I think he's coming around, Sheldon's speech made him emotional ) He was thinking as we are leaving that it is sort of up in the air at the moment. Amy did say to take the bus while she walked out ,implying that she might be breaking up with him, however that's not really clear, especially since Sheldon chased after her. Oh the possibilities!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Passionate Fan

When I read the write-ups, I never got the impression they actually broke up, but I did get the impression that after the first take, Sheldon might think that Amy want's to terminate the RA and break up with him. It is not that Amy was definitely thinking of doing it, but more of a "teach Sheldon a lesson" kind of thing. That was my take on what I read. But I could be wrong.

About the plan, I think it makes no sense that the writers say Amy has a five-year plan but have not clued that into the audience. What would it matter if no one knew about it. So I have to believe they are going to reveal through a conversation with Amy and someone else that she has a plan of some sort, just like she revealed her plan to Sheldon in the TLA episode.

I have been thinking about Mayim's accident injury and wonder if they will have to write in an explanation for her hand being bandaged up. Given the description of the injury, I am guessing that she may still be bandaged. If so, they could write in that she had some sort of accident (not even necessarily driving, but perhaps even walking and fell kind of thing) but it was enough to put her in the hospital for "stiches". Maybe the drinking of champagne could come into play somehow. But anyway she calls Penny to let her know she is at the hospital and Penny asks where Sheldon is and she explains walking out on him. Penny then tells Leonard who calls Sheldon. I could see them continuing with Take 1 scenario into the next episode if they want to write in the injury. It could lead to a talk between Amy and Sheldon and that could be how the plan is revealed or through a conversation with Amy and Penny. But it would make sense to reveal it to Sheldon like she did in TLA and it would help him realize he has to grow up more.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Stardust: the writers have given details about the characters before that never made it into the show.

Apparently Amy loves Downton Abbey.

I'm not a real writer, but I have all sorts of details in my head about the characters that never actually make it into my fics. But they help develop the character in my head.

I could be wrong, and I can't remember the exact context where they mentioned the 5 year plan, but I remember it read to me like the kind of thing they said while chuckling and weren't really serious about.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Total Fan

MEEEG!!! Hope you're having a great time in Vegas and thanks for taking time to post your brain monkey insight.

The 5 year plan is from the THR spoiler article.
Quote:
"I don't know if it'll work but she has a five-year plan in her head to keep him moving forward on some track," Molaro says of the couple who continue to challenge the depiction of romance on TV. "She has her sights set way down the line and knows she needs to pace herself. If reaching for Amy's hand took two years and reduced audiences to tears (Molaro professes the scene made him weepy from the writers room all the way through the editing process) the couple's baby steps will continue to be monumental. "It's the weirdest boyfriend-girlfriend story on TV," he says.
My first reaction when I read it was that this show probably won't last 5 more years to begin with. I never took it literally. I assumed that Amy would mention it at some point (not necessarily in the premiere) because I know from Comic Con interviews that they already have 4 or 5 episodes in the can script-wise. I was thinking that Steve mentioned it because it addressed in the show, but who knows? As Rae said, the producers have said things in twitter and other interviews that have not been said in the show.

FYI, the 6-3 sides were revised yesterday. They changed a few lines in the cafeteria scene and added some of the 'science' stuff that was TBD in the prior version.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

can't wait for new sides and next week's taping reports!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
When I read the write-ups, I never got the impression they actually broke up, but I did get the impression that after the first take, Sheldon might think that Amy want's to terminate the RA and break up with him. It is not that Amy was definitely thinking of doing it, but more of a "teach Sheldon a lesson" kind of thing. That was my take on what I read. But I could be wrong.
this is how it came across to me too
Old 08-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
FYI, the 6-3 sides were revised yesterday. They changed a few lines in the cafeteria scene and added some of the 'science' stuff that was TBD in the prior version.
Anything juicy added Moyra?

In the dinner scene whilst reading it I thought when Amy said she was done unless he said something she was breaking up with him but then he did say something and I think they're still together.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

I was pretty shocked that Amy said that they would be through if Sheldon didn't say something from the heart. I'd say that was definitely the alcohol talking. As was previously mentioned, it gave her looser lips.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread