Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-terso (View Post)
When does the next episode air? I'm beyound excited
I'm pretty guaranteed it's on the 3rd of May.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you so much for taking the time (recovering from excitement? ) and bringing all this information over, 123sprinkles!
Not necessary to say that I'm looking forward to this and I'm all giddy and everything...just thinking that it's actually weeks to wait until the next episode airs. But, oh well. This makes it way easier to go through it.

Thank you again. You're a darling!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new details, sprinkles! How many takes of that scene did they do? Who knows what will actually end up in the episode but it is great to get the gist of it.

The next new episode (TSC) airs on April 26. Last night's will air on May 3.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks

The Shenny shippers seem to be really upset, hopefully they will also get something to chew on in the finale
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw Tumblr...all the Shenny shipperss are throwing fits. Thats ok.
They kick and scream all they want. Sheldon belongs with Amy, not Penny.
All in Fan Fiction are Shenny stories.
I am ok with that...I just skip over them

Jim sounded like he was in a good mood last night...wonder what got into him.
I like it
Is he always playful during the tapings?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Nothing more to say about the shipping wars. I still hate them and don't understand why on earth people who support the same freakin' show throw dishes against each other, just because they have different opinions about canon or non-canon pairings. Frankly, that's a quite sad mystery I will never be able to understand. But this is not an appropriate place to discuss, fight or whatever. It wouldn't lead to a conclusion anyway.

I'm happy with what we'll get and yeah, Jim seems astonishingly frolic (and even slightly obscene? lol), which I like. Hopefully they'll save the butt-smack for some season 5 bloopers. And yes, Anjel, I totally agree with you - that was by far my favorite season! It simply had everything! No interaction lacked (to my mind), we got to see Hawking, we got to hear Nimoy, we might get to see a wedding, we had some adorable Leonard/Penny moments, Sheldon/Amy moments, Howard/Bernadette moments, Sheldon/Penny moments, Penny/Amy moments (my crack-ship greets you, lol) the powerful seven moments, the good ol' five moments, a lot of Penny's posse moments, lovey-dovey moments, cosplay moments, a few dream sequences, a lot of guys moments, nerdy moments, romantic moments, trashy moments, geeky moments, nerdy moments again, exciting moments, to my mind a looot of funny moments of course...honestly I couldn't wish for more and I just hope that the writers will keep that track, because it just improves piece by piece!

That's what the show truly is about!

And I'm overly excited for the finale.

P.S. Just what I've missed over the episodes were a few more Raj moments. He really is a character with so much potential that is wasted somewhere...

Last edited by CinnamonHummingbird; 04-12-2012 at 01:50 PM
Old 04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Thanks for the new details, sprinkles! How many takes of that scene did they do? Who knows what will actually end up in the episode but it is great to get the gist of it.

The next new episode (TSC) airs on April 26. Last night's will air on May 3.
Surprisingly they mostly had two takes for every scene, and none of which were re-writes.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

123sprinkles and Shannon_nicole, thank you for all the spoilers.
This episode is going to be so awesome.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know this latest taping is a big deal for Shamy fans but I thought there would be more talk about Leonard's proposal and Penny's more mature reaction at the end. Oh and the fact they took the next step and slept together again.

I really want to know what Leonard was think, was he just caught up in the moment and the excitement of the pending marriage or was there more? Will they have a quickie wedding in the final with H&B?

I'm so glade for these spoilers, it's a nice distraction from some family issues here at home right now. Can't wait to read about the final next week and see them from the 26th.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
I saw Tumblr...all the Shenny shipperss are throwing fits. Thats ok.
They kick and scream all they want. Sheldon belongs with Amy, not Penny.
All in Fan Fiction are Shenny stories.
I am ok with that...I just skip over them

Jim sounded like he was in a good mood last night...wonder what got into him.
I like it
Is he always playful during the tapings?
Shenny shippers are saying that Amy made the spaghetti with hot dogs, and it's exactly what Penny did for Sheldon in a previous episode. And it sounds unreasonable for Sheldon to develope feelings for her when Penny cooked that meal for him as well and nothing happened between them. But there's actually some other things Amy did for him that was only mentioned and never showed in the episode.

I mean, Sheldon has always had a thing for Amy, whether it's platonic or not. They get along really well and they understand each other more than anybody else. So I think it's way easier for Sheldon to fall for Amy that way than Penny because there's always been a spark between them. I feel like Penny's more like an older sister to Sheldon some times.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sprinkles (View Post)
Surprisingly they mostly had two takes for every scene, and none of which were re-writes.
That's good to know. It probably means that they got the reaction they wanted from their original script. They must be very happy.

Craig - I hope things at home get better soon.
I guess we're not getting more reaction about L/P here because most of their fans who are active FF posters are unspoiled.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

is it almost time for a new thread???
We went thru so fast on this news.
I suggest:

Because Sheldon is starting to have feelings for Amy.

or

She's his Medical Officer

or

Because she made spaghetti with hotdogs for him.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Total Fan

Here's some confirmation that Casey Sander will play Bernie's dad.

The Big Bang Theory Casts Casey Sander as Bernadette's Father - TVLine

And the press release for 5-23:
The Big Bang Theory - Episode 5.23 - The Launch Acceleration - Press Release (Spoilers)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, first let me say hello everyone!!! I've been lurking for quite a while, and sprinkles has about made it darn near impossible to stay lurking. Haha

I have so much love for you Sprinkles and Shannon_nicole! Thank you for sharing all that you have shared with us thus far. Everything sounds absolutely amazing. Let me say that I think you are heroes, because reading your reports now made me realize that when I went to see the last episode taped, I came here and said how big it all was, and totally bailed and didn’t elaborate. Hahaha I apologize…I was completely freaking out and I still don’t think I have successfully wrapped my head around the fact that I was actually there and saw what I saw. So I will elaborate on my thoughts about Sheldon in the Stag Convergence, since it seems very relevant to this conversation in a sec. But again let me say, you guys are heroes for being able to see all that you saw and still be able to form coherent sentences, and honestly I’m happy I saw the ep I saw instead of the one you did, because it probably would have finally brought on that aneurysm I’ve been working on. Haha You are much stronger souls than I am , and I commend you and salute you for giving us the scoop, so wonderfully.

Next, let me just say that all of the Shamy related stuff in this episode that you have described is just a million times better than any scenario I could have dreamt up, and all of the pieces now fit so well, everything, all of the little hints I’ve been seeing all season, make a whole lot more sense now. (and as a social scientist, I am super thrilled that my crazy-lady theories that I’ve posted before are actually a bit validated haha).

Anywho, let me jump back to The Stag Convergence for a moment, and allow me
to elaborate on what floored me so much about that episode…

Yes, Sheldon got drunk, by his own choosing…he said it was because of ‘social convention’ of being at a stag party, but I call Sheldon’s BS on that, because social convention has never made him choose to drink in that way before…and I think that social convention was a nice little excuse to justify his behavior to Leonard and to himself. Sheldon also knows very well exactly what happens to him when he drinks, so if Sheldon didn’t want to get a little drunk, he would have certainly not drunk the first sip…but he did that (and after proclaiming that it was “yucky”) continued to drink for the rest of the night. At the taping when I first saw Sheldon standing there with the glass of whiskey, I audibly gasped haha (and my poor husband looked at me like I was insane for like the millionth time that night). Just this decision alone was a huge departure from Sheldon’s typical character.

Now, once he actually started drinking…and was giving his speech to Howard and so forth, it’s very important that you understand the tone of that scene. Sheldon was not coming off as mean at all. Sheldon was actually ridiculously happy. He was smiling and laughing at all if the jokes that he was making, and everyone else was laughing and responding to him positively. It felt very much like he was just one of the guys hanging with his friends at the party. For the first time, Sheldon wasn’t the most awkward, weird one in the room. He just seemed very…normal. And that was shocking.

Now the next thing, that I don’t think was in the taping report...is that after Sheldon sat down, and other speeches were made…then Raj got to his speech, and starting saying all of his crazy stuff, Sheldon actually jumped in there, and yelled out a sexual joke! I believe (memory is a tad fuzzy) but I believe that it was after Raj said the thing about Howard losing his virginity to his cousin, and Sheldon busted in there and yelled out “Thus marking the first time he’s disappointed a woman, sexually.” And took a drink, and everyone laughed. I was completely shocked by that. Sheldon, who rarely comprehends or cares enough to listen to sexual jokes, is making one himself. I know that he’s a bit liquored up at this point…but it still just speaks so much (in my opinion) to his general mood. I have never seen him so relaxed, so happy, so “normal”.

Also at the very end of that scene, when he turns to Wheaton, he’s laughing at Wheaton's joke...not a joke that he would normally laugh at (very relaxed, natural laugh,too…it’s not like we’ve ever heard Sheldon laugh…sounded more like Jim’s natural laugh)…and he says “Jeepers, I’m drunk.”(So far my favorite line of the season). He says that with such happiness and satisfaction, it reminded me of a frat guy bragging to his friend at how drunk he was. He was so so happy and seemed so pleased with the whole situation, and THEN, after establishing that he was drunk, proceeded to take another drink! It was so amazing, and SO unlike Sheldon. Even when they showed him the next morning, he was obviously hungover, but he wasn’t complaining or being a baby…he handled it like a champ. He actually made more jokes in an attempt to cheer Howard up. (haha), AND when he went to throw up and came back…they spent FOREVER (which I didn’t mind, bc Jim was standing directly in front of where I was sitting the whole time, just being Jim, thus my incoherence after the taping haha)…anyway, they took FOREVER to rewrite that to where he didn’t say that alcohol was yucky…he instead said something about ‘throwing up the bachelor party’. So my point there is that perhaps they are setting it up so that he doesn’t quite have SUCH an aversion to alcohol in the future…he just seemed so normal, so happy during the whole thing…it felt very meaningful.

It seemed to me like he was choosing to let go of a little bit of control…let himself let go and relax a bit…and that’s huge after the last two eps with him learning lessons about himself, without Amy. (Also, just a quick mention, almost every one of Amy’s lines in this ep were purely sexual haha, the poor girl has it on the brain…bad. They obviously seem to be moving in individual directions, but towards each other, even when apart) Anyway, so after seeing that episode taped, I was blown away by that change in Sheldon, and I immediately thought that this is leading to something big with him…but I never expected the writers to give us THIS MUCH in the very next episode!

I think it’s incredible now, that Sheldon realized that he has feelings for her (and initially reacted in a bit of a panic, it seems, by saying uh-oh haha). But what is so amazing, is that he didn’t run away or try to repress the problem, or divert away from it, he tackled it head on, which shows a great deal of personal growth, that we’ve been subtly noticing over the past few eps. Then to admit that he has fantasies about Amy (!!!!), and again, not run away from that (although I’m sure part of him desperately wants to)…but he actually ends up reconciling his feelings to the point where he’s comfortable acting out an obvious (and kinky) fantasy with her?!?! This is just SO much more growth than I even expected.

I think in the Transporter Malfunction, he was starting to catch on a bit, or at least have some of these feelings manifest a bit, and he learned a great lesson about letting himself have things, and the consequences. Then in the Hawking ep, we see him get knocked down a few pegs, off of his high horse that he uses to build himself up and isolate himself from everyone (saying Hawking is his only equal)…then in the Stag episode we see him (I think) testing the waters of letting go a bit…allowing himself to relax and have fun (just like he did with the Spock toy, he had to allow himself to do that)…so it was like he was applying that Spock lesson to a real life situation, to see what would happen if he let go of the reigns for a night, and what happened? He was crazy happy and enjoyed himself. So NOW, with this ep, we see him apply ALL of these concepts that he’s been learning outside of Amy, directly to his relationship with her. Especially with how the episode was resolved, with him indulging in that fantasy at the end…he seems to be letting go of those controls little by little, and coming to terms with his feelings, and in the process, slowly allowing himself to have her, and to accept and take pleasure in the way she makes him feel, instead of reacting with fear, which is his default setting.

So that is just my little psychological spin on these amazing reports, and how I think this is all tied together with everything we have seen thus far…and I can’t even begin to think about what could happen in the finale…but their relationship is clearly going to be taking off to a different level, judging from this episode, and we should see the results of that hopefully in the finale, and all next season.
So again, thank you Sprinkles and Shannon_nicole!!! So much love to you guys! And thanks everyone for being patient with me and reading all of my ramblings and theories, that may very well be incoherent at this point. Hahaha

So excited to see what’s next up in the finale, for Shamy, and for the others...(oh jeez now I have to go back and read about the others…after I calm myself down I might have some good thoughts on the L/P plot…WHICH WAS ALSO HUGE…my goodness, are the writers trying to kill us all? haha).

Last edited by megfsc; 04-12-2012 at 02:35 PM
Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kaley tweeted earlier that she had read the script for the finale and she was emotional about it. Since she say no to his proposal in the episode the report comes from, I think she will say yes. In the finale, I mean

Unless this episode you are talking about wasn't the finale. Was it??
Closed Thread   Post New Thread