Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think there was any indication that Leonard really EVER had feelings for Leslie. She filled a need, as did he for her and they shared some common interests. Never saw much in the way of a real relationship there with actual feelings invested in eachother. I doubt Leonard will care
Old 02-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, you're right

And you people didn't think people would come here, pft!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

He didn't have a problem to hook up with Stephanie or even be with her. Feelings come and go. Just because he feels attracted to her now, doesn't mean he will feel that way forever. He might get involved with somebody else.

Quote:
HIMYM is not a triangle IMO because there are no feelings between R/T anymore
But there were last season.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

And ask around my board, according to some people there still are. Hell, I don't ship T/R and I think there will always be feelings between them because they were together for a year and it was an intense relationship. Triangles don't need to be written as 2 guys fighting over a common romantic interest. That's a pure cliché.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
And ask around my board, according to some people there still are. Hell, I don't ship T/R and I think there will always be feelings between them because they were together for a year and it was an intense relationship. Triangles don't need to be written as 2 guys fighting over a common romantic interest. That's a pure cliché.
YES THERE ARE

I'm just gonna trust the writers

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well triangles don't need to be written at all, that was sort of my point. Is that on HIMYM it is NOT being written as a triangle at all. But I fear because there is so much focus and build up to L/P that it would be unrealistic to NOT portray it that way and yet would be disastrous to the comedy if they did. Sort of a no win IMO. Does that make sense? Anyhoo, I know others don't see it that way, and that's cool.

It's really all a moot point anyways, since there has been no indication from the show, the episodes, the writers or the actors that S/P is going to ever be romantically linked
Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
so much focus and build up to L/P
Which is extremely subjective as you probably noticed. Not everybody around here agrees with such statement

Quote:
I'm just gonna trust the writers
See? You're an optimist!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

I am And I learned that writers change their mind all the time. They might have an idea right now but decide to go in another direction later.

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's only season 2 now and the writers have shown that L/P could go seperate ways. Whether they will go for L/P or not, we'll see. Nothing is certain yet.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

You know since we've seen the guys family, I was wondering if Penny's family will stop by. I would love for Sheldon and Leonard mothers to act together in an episode.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
You know since we've seen the guys family, I was wondering if Penny's family will stop by. I would love for Sheldon and Leonard mothers to act together in an episode.
That'd be soo funny! I was actually thinking of Sheldon's mom showing up because apparently she is like a totally emotional softie & really religious, it'd be so funny to see her interact with the gang!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would love for Sheldon and Leonard mothers to act together in an episode.
I was gonna say yay, but then I remembered how much I couldn't stand the way Leonard's mother was written, so it's a nay from me completed with PLEASE NEVER HER CHARACTER AGAIN One unfunny creepy episode was enough

Quote:
That'd be soo funny! I was actually thinking of Sheldon's mom showing up because apparently she is like a totally emotional softie & really religious, it'd be so funny to see her interact with the gang!
She already did appear in 1x04 (?), the episode where Sheldon gets fired. I loved some of her interactions but overall her dynamic with the gang seemed a bit bland. Although I wish they'd pause a bit and talk about Sheldon's childhood experiences. That line about Bible hitting was such an open invitation to so many intriguing theories on warping his psychological development.

I'm all for Penny's family, though. Or while we're at it, how about just dropping her LAST NAME for once! I hate not knowing such basic things about characters.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Question: Do we have to beg for some Big Bang Theory spoilers? Because I will beg. -- Irrel
Ausiello: Begging works. I've got additional deets about Summer Glau's hilarious sounding Amtrak run-in with Leonard & Co. in the March 9 episode courtesy of exec producer Bill Prady: "For the guys, there’s probably no more awesome sci-fi female to encounter than Summer Glau, with her nerd-cred times four. Normally, these guys might only have a split-second autograph encounter with her at Comic-Con, but now they have 11 hours to get up the courage to talk to her -- and she’s sitting alone! Of course, Sheldon does offer a word of caution: If Terminators actually did exist, a perfect way they could lull victims into a false sense of security would be to pose as actors who have played Terminators." ROFWLOLOMGILOVEIT!
What the...??

Old 02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

I was just going to post that...it sounds like Sheldon all right.

And more of a description for our next episode:

Quote:
CBS has announced the details of Episode 2.16, "The Cushion Saturation", which will air March 2nd.

"The Cushion Saturation" - A paintball game leads to a fight between Penny (Kaley Cuoco) and Sheldon (Jim Parsons), and romance for Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Leslie (Sara Gilbert), on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, March 2 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
From CBS.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha, I posted that on the previous page, I think
Closed Thread   Post New Thread