Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like SP's chemistry and on any other show I would root for them, but his personality is just so out there it doesnt translate to me.
I think so too, but it's not the thread to talk about that

Wow, they have such weird titles on this show. I never know what they mean
Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Oh come on. This is not a kindergarten! We're perfectly capable of remaining civil while discussing shipping differences, geez. Let's not play mods around here and let people discuss what they want. It's really no biggie *sigh*
Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is a spoiler thread. A thread for spoilers. It's not about if we can be civil or not. It's like talking only about Sheldon. It's not a Sheldon thread, right?? So why talk about the couples when it has nothing to do with the spoilers?? That whas what I ment.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

It's so not worth getting into this discussion, but oh well... here I go: considering the spoilers are about SHELDON and that they heavily imply finding out SHELDON'S "DEAL", I see no OT-iness in the perfectly reasonable and calm discussion that was carried on the previous page. There's absolutely no need for your concern about shipping free zone around here. It's quite impossible to avoid considering the spoilers might imply him being asexual thus "destroying" some of fans' shipping hopes. A discussion about P/S was initiated on the last page, why shouldn't it be calmly discussed? There's absolutely no harm in that.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
It's so not worth getting into this discussion, but oh well... here I go: considering the spoilers are about SHELDON and that they heavily imply finding out SHELDON'S "DEAL", I see no OT-iness in the perfectly reasonable and calm discussion that was carried on the previous page. There's absolutely no need for your concern about shipping free zone around here. It's quite impossible to avoid considering the spoilers might imply him being asexual thus "destroying" some of fans' shipping hopes. A discussion about P/S was initiated on the last page, why shouldn't it be calmly discussed? There's absolutely no harm in that.
I think Sheldon's 'deal' will end up being something very simple. Really, if you think about what we've seen, it's just that his focus is elsewhere...AND I think to intrigue him, a woman of the opposite sex would have to a) be somebody he does not see as inferior and b) acknowledge his brilliance. I think those are two really key ingredients because of his own quirks. It's been made very clear that the 'normal' things othat peak other guys interest are just lost on him. Like sarcasm
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with you that it's probably gonna end up in being no big deal At least I hope so, because they're not ready to deal with his "deal" yet I wish they'd stop calling it "deal" BTW. Dear press and writers, synonyms exist
I don't necessarily agree with you on what might intrigue him or be considered as desirable in a potential sexual partner, though, but that's a whole different story
Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

I don't see Sheldon as asexual, he just have different interests and his focus is elswhere I hope that once they decided what his "deal" (I hate this word, I don't think you can put people in categories when it comes to that), the writers will move on from this storyline.

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not really sure what the big thing is around it anyways...I mean he doesn't have to be asexual or gay or anything else to simply not be drooling over girls all the time. He's just committed and focused on his career, inventing, creations, etc. But I guess because he is so oblivious to those things they feel a need to explain that. Personally, I kind of like that he is unaffected by those things go on around him. Last night watching the rerun I was as the guys got distracted and all stared at the tv screen (top models) and Sheldon kept playing scrabble completely unaware everyone else stopped. Priceless.

Thing is, it's not like Sheldon doesn't get women...it's relationships in general...as was evidenced by the friendship efforts in a recent ep., and the rules, his classes, etc.

The idea of him in a romance IS foreign to me because he's been written that way. But I do believe a S/P romance would be the end of the show. I just think the funny would be gone and it would turn into a drama, with triangles, hurt feelings, betrayals, and in reality Sheldon would HAVE to change if he were involved with her. And changing Sheldon would be the downfall of the show.

Whereas L/P, they fit somehow in a wierd sort of way. There is I don't know, something really sweet about them. And he is typically his most funny and enetertaining in his scenes with her.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is a spoiler AND speculations Thread, so speculating/talking about the couples is not wrong.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pey_23 (View Post)
This is a spoiler AND speculations Thread, so speculating/talking about the couples is not wrong.
I agree.

And whatever Sheldon's deal is, I'm intrigued to see what it is.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

I caved and came into the TBBT spoiler thread! I just couldn't stay away any longer. I'm really excited to see the rest of the season unfold.

Quote:
But I do believe a S/P romance would be the end of the show
I totally disagree with this statement. I don't think Sheldon/Penny getting into a romantic relationship would mean the show is doomed. I really think the SP fanbase is probably just as big as the LP one. And for me personally I would find it more interesting to see Penny date such an opposite and unique character like Sheldon..

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda

Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it would be the end of the show But I don't want it to happen right now either, they both need to grow a little before they can be in a relationship

Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And changing Sheldon would be the downfall of the show.
He has already changed. Changing a character can be done wisely, like with Barney on HIMYM. And there doesn't have to be drama, triangles and stuff. It's not like Leonard didn't have any other crushes in his life. I could see Stephanie return, I reall enjoyed them together.

Sheldon/Penny do make sense but not now. They have issues to deal with, both of them.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

I could actually see Leonard with Leslie, I do think that their personnalities go well together

Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Stephanie better than Leslie, tbh. It's too bad they made her clingy/weird. I thought she was great with Leonard

And ditto to the Barney comparison. This reminds me S1/2 discussions where people kept saying that Barney falling in love one day was gonna be the end of the show

Oh and as always changing a character =/= making a character evolve. I don't want Sheldon to change. I want to see him evolve, whether it is in romantic, relationship or work related aspects.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread